Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Yes, got mine yesterday from 10man.

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading this thread, I have determined to attempt to max out the number of Onyxia kills possible. Gotta get to the max lvl first though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it wrong that I don't use it now because it's too common? i've also got every other rare mount other than Phoenix / Mimirons head / invincible, but theyre all to common nowadays.
    got it after 25 kills btw, 10 man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    Is it wrong that I don't use it now because it's too common? i've also got every other rare mount other than Phoenix / Mimirons head / invincible, but theyre all to common nowadays.
    got it after 25 kills btw, 10 man.
    I wanted Ashes for so long, I remember a SPriest on my server had it back when it was actually rare, I was so envious. When I finally got it last year I used it for about a week then switched to something else. I currently use my Feldrake a lot since it's the only one on the server

I never understand why people make such a big deal what mount they use depending on how many others use the same mount...
    Does your personal taste suddenly changes?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    I never understand why people make such a big deal what mount they use depending on how many others use the same mount...
    If everyone had a Porsche 911, then it's not really unique.

was soloing it on 25m til last week then someone told me the drop % is higher in 10m :/

i just went and soloed her for the giggles, and what do ya know? the frigging reins dropped!

Well, yea, it kind of does when you start seeing tons of people using the same mount. Though I mostly just use my fire hawk now because I love how they look.

Deleted
    Cause everyone likes to be unique.

193 kills across 13 chars, no drops, I'm relieved to see 2 people did more than me on this thread, lol.

Soloed my first time on a bad geared 85 blood dk, around 372 item level dps gear, in March 2.012, then did a few runs (after I got all the achievements 10 and 25 ofc) 2-man with my warrior and a friend of mine on his holy paladin (at 85 and before second wind, you could dream to outheal onyxia on a warrior dps) on 10-man and on 25-man on my blood dk and his mage, did like 25-30 runs like this.

At some point, I started soloing it on dk all weeks, and with patch 5.0.4 I started soloing it on warrior too, thanks to second wind, so 2 chars per week.

Around October 2.012, I finally finished levelling my 5 90 chars for the achievement, so I started soloing it on my prot paladin, arcane mage and combat rogue too (very bad gear, green and blues around 445 item level for all), every single week.

End of November 2.012, levelled another blood dk to 82, 73k hp and could solo it, lol, dks are so OP after 5.0.4, so started doing it with 6 chars each week since then.

Of course, a friend of mine decided to give it a shot on his main and got it like 1 week after with 22 runs total and like 3 months since last run in there, but this is no longer a surprise, in my realm I keep seeing people with generally 10-20 runs and onyxia mount and NO one who has actually killed the boss (checking statistics ofc) 80+ times and has it, only people who got lucky in the first runs, and other people who gave up.

Since then, each week, levelled 1 more blood dk to 83 and soloed onyxia with all chars I had, now 13 chars, just done my runs, like I said, 193 total, nothing, but will be 207 next week, then 222, 238, etc. Hope this gets somewhere, lol.

From what I know, the mount no longer has a 0,3% drop rate like it was originarily, it got buffed to 1% in patch 5.1, but apparently still not high enough...

I wouldn't be surprised to hear it's as high as 5-10% now. I got mine the first Tuesday of 5.1 after farming for a year on several characters, thought I was all special, but later that week a guildie got it on his first kill (he didn't even know she dropped a mount :l ) and another guildie got it more recently on his second kill post-5.1. So yeah, I don't think my anecdotal 75% drop rate is accurate, but you factor in all the stories like mine (ex. the guy in this thread who had four friends get it in one week) with a little knowledge of probabilities and you have a hard time believing it's still anywhere as low as 1%.

As for the Fiery Warhorse, this is an even smaller sample size, but when my guild did our Karazhan guild run achievement recently the reins dropped. We all had a good lol at the time but now I wonder if that drop rate was buffed as well.

Yes, you can easly do it as an ele shaman in 10man, however goodluck with it to drop! I've done nearly 200 runs now on multiple characters and seen no mount so far QQ

25m has 3 times higher chances to drop just like other mounts. I soloed Onyxa for 57 times on 10m, and i got it on my first solo 25m.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...&filter=onyxia
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    25m has 3 times higher chances to drop just like other mounts. I soloed Onyxa for 57 times on 10m, and i got it on my first solo 25m.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...&filter=onyxia
    No, that's false. It has the same drop rate chance regardless of 10 man or 25 man. What has changed is the actual drop rate. It's been upped to approx 1% now (or so people are saying) But even then it could be higher. We'll know as more info starts coming in.

Deleted
    Check this.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/49636
    Before the mount was classified as "Extremely Low" drop rate and now it is "Very Low".
    So this means its drop rate was buffed.It was the second most rarest mount after big love rocket with 0.3% chance(excluding the old deathcharger with 0.02%).

Deleted
    I do it on all my alts every week, that includes a shaman, ele with full resto gear.

So yes, very doable as shaman.

My thoughts exacttly. Personally, I think Time Lost, Plagued and Black Proto drake, as well as Alar, to be pretty ugly nowadays.

Rarest mount I have is the Phosphorecent Stone Drake from Deepholm, but I really don't like it. I prefer my Pureblood Firehawk anytime, even though it is somewhat common.

Got it from 10man after 5 weeks with 1 character farming.
    Used a rogue with Shuriken toss, handy skill during such moments.
    Thought I'd really like it, but once flying on it.... not so much.
    Then again, it's in my collection now

Deleted
    Can easily be done as a DPS warrior. Just save dps CDS for when she runs to the air phase. if u have decent gear she will just go up and come down instantly, Happy hunting!