Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been doing this along with TK for months now as an SPriest and have still yet to see it. I have horrible, horrible luck with mounts.

Deleted
    yeah it does drop from 10 man, I always did it 10man and I got it after few runs :P .
    My sister kills Onyxia on 10 man as an Ele Shaman and it doesn't seem so hard.

I've soloed Ony10 as Elemental; its not very hard so long as you remember to keep yourself healed (the add phase hurts me more than the boss). The second time I beat her the mount dropped.

as it has been said, yes it drops from 10man and its quite easy to solo as a shammy. as some peeps said, the adds are harder than her. i got a friend who just ignores everything and tunnelvisions her, usualy takes about 2min. no problem ^^

goodluck on your hunt
    I like my coffe like my mages.

i've seen Ducksauce the dude who streams solo it as a hunter 10 man of course, he does it every now and again

I just bought it from BMAH for 250k gold even though I have 5 lvl 90s characters and could easily keep soloing it.
    Then what do you know, the next day I go kill Malygos and the Azure drake drops for me.

Moral of the story is: don't be greedy, pay up and you'll get lucky with something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I just bought it from BMAH for 250k gold even though I have 5 lvl 90s characters and could easily keep soloing it.
    Then what do you know, the next day I go kill Malygos and the Azure drake drops for me.

Moral of the story is: don't be greedy, pay up and you'll get lucky with something else.
    Seriously? Ouch, is all I can say. That's a lot of gold for a mount that's very, very easily soloable. I get that throwing 5 characters through that place every week sucks, but goodness, I'm sure you'd have gotten in sooner rather than later. I mean, that's what I did. 5 characters as well and it dropped eventually.

I'd have put that gold towards mimiron's head or something on the BMAH. Oh well, it's your gold. lol.

Right now I'm doing TK, Onyxia and Karazhan on a weekly basis on my Shadow Priest (my main) for mounts, no luck yet. (Been doing it for a 4-5 weeks maybe, Onyxia first time this week) Also doing Onyxia and Kara on my Warrior which is also 90. Don't think I can do TK on it though, I feel like the key to soloing Kaelthas is being ranged, but it might be doable.

Also considering trying Utgarde Pinnacle and maybe trying OS10. (i have no idea if the latter is possible)

10+ Year Old Account
    Easily soloable.

Very quick on my Warlock, longer of my Spriest (can be tricky if you do not kill the adds quick enough) and slow on my Prot Paladin, but I just gether hundreds of Whelps for P2 to have instant Shields and Vengeance stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Right now I'm doing TK, Onyxia and Karazhan on a weekly basis on my Shadow Priest (my main) for mounts, no luck yet. (Been doing it for a 4-5 weeks maybe, Onyxia first time this week) Also doing Onyxia and Kara on my Warrior which is also 90. Don't think I can do TK on it though, I feel like the key to soloing Kaelthas is being ranged, but it might be doable.

Also considering trying Utgarde Pinnacle and maybe trying OS10. (i have no idea if the latter is possible)
    Here's how to solo most things on a Warrior:

1. Get Second Wind
    2. Sit in Defensive Stance if you have mostly quest/dungeon gear, otherwise normal stance.
    3. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

As for UP that's been soloable since Cata for the tanking classes, hunters and Warlocks. I'd imagine DPS could have done it back then too but might have been a gear check. Certainly a non-issue now.

OS10 3D shouldn't present an issue if you're in full heroic dungeon or better gear. )S25 3D however is a higher gear check (490?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post

The droprate of the Onyxian Drake was buffed A LOT. You would of got it eventually, trust me.

Moral of the story is: Save your money for something that is no longer obtainable!

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Here's how to solo most things on a Warrior:

1. Get Second Wind
    2. Sit in Defensive Stance if you have mostly quest/dungeon gear, otherwise normal stance.
    3. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

As for UP that's been soloable since Cata for the tanking classes, hunters and Warlocks. I'd imagine DPS could have done it back then too but might have been a gear check. Certainly a non-issue now.

OS10 3D shouldn't present an issue if you're in full heroic dungeon or better gear. )S25 3D however is a higher gear check (490?)
    I actually did Kaelthas on my warrior earlier, and it went smoothly. Certainly doable as Fury, probably doable as Prot as well. My current gear on my Priest is 493 itlvl, so decent for only playing casual with HCs and LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    Seriously? Ouch, is all I can say. That's a lot of gold for a mount that's very, very easily soloable. I get that throwing 5 characters through that place every week sucks, but goodness, I'm sure you'd have gotten in sooner rather than later. I mean, that's what I did. 5 characters as well and it dropped eventually.

I'd have put that gold towards mimiron's head or something on the BMAH. Oh well, it's your gold. lol.
    Actually, Onyxia mount normally goes for a lot more. I'm just lucky enough to play in a low-pop realm where most rich people already have this mount. What for Mimi's Head, it usually sells for cap on all realms.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got her a while ago on 10-man after six months of farming; a lot of people have been fortunate enough to get her recently thanks to various things like account-wide mounts/etc, I'd been farming her on 5 characters a week. You'll get her, just keep at it
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Personally, I think it would be hilarious if Troll Druids turned into walking cannabis plants.

Took me ~80 kills before it FINALLY dropped for me on my mage on 10man about 2 months ago. Keep trying!

solo'd her every week with 5 + characters, finally dropped for me on friday at like 5am

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post

you can probably zerg OS25 at this point, depending on your gear level, and definately OS10. however, since those mounts are 100% drop, you could just get a group to help you and repeat until everyone has the mount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Easily soloable.
    Very quick on my Warlock, longer of my Spriest (can be tricky if you do not kill the adds quick enough) and slow on my Prot Paladin, but I just gether hundreds of Whelps for P2 to have instant Shields and Vengeance stacks.
    Depending on your gear, don't even bother to kill the whelps during phase 2.
    Stay on Ony when she lifts off, nuke her to phase 3 and quickly finish her off.

I use this strat with my main SP and my twink warlock - takes less than a minute to kill her this way. Should easily work with an ilvl of 490 and above.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I run it weekly with my army of alts which consist of:

90 Frost DK
    90 Balance Druid
    90 Elemental Shaman
    90 Destro Lock
    87 Combat Rogue
    85 Prot Paladin

and have yet to see it drop. Meanwhile, it eventually showed up on our bmah at which point I began kicking myself for not saving the gold for in the event that such a thing would happen.

Owell, the run takes anywhere from 50 seconds to 9 minutes depending on the character so it's not huge hassle and it'll eventually drop.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming it for a while now on 10man, easily doable on my warlock (affliction or demonology), and ive started doing it with my dk now. So far i've only been able to do it in blood, although it takes me a ridiculous amount of time (im not that great a dk player yet...)