Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The droprate of the Onyxian Drake was buffed A LOT. You would of got it eventually, trust me.

Moral of the story is: Save your money for something that is no longer obtainable!
    Erm, erm... Plagued Proto-Drake... Erm, erm...

Every non-obtainable mounts should have a chance to pop on the BMAH, but hey, its Blizzard...

I remember Blizzard saying something like the drop is even more rare than a chance of thunder hitting same spot three times in a row.
    The mount isnt really cool tho, on my last server it went for 40k on BMAH.

At this point it is very easy to solo on any dps alt. Just get her down to 67% at your own pace, then blow all cooldowns till she drops dead. I don't even bother killing the whelps anymore, they just despawn when she dies.

Deleted
    So this got buffed lately ?
    I remember doing betwene 120-200 runs during end of wotlk with guild & early MoP when i quitted wow cause i don't like kungufudisney..
    Apperently blizzard loves to make harder things easy to get now cause since my return i see so many flying in capital citys ....
    Do i get some kind of refund for my lost runs while they hand it out now ?
    #BLIZZARDRAGE

Deleted
    10 man is def doable by any class or spec, currently working on the 25 man version on a shadow priest alt with an ilvl of about 497, got him to 40% but had adds up when he landed which screwed me over a bit. ( the whelps have 200k hp and the guards have 600k in 25 )

I doubt the droprate has increased, you see a lot more of these mounts because:

-No more need to be in a raidgroup to enter a raid.
    -Soloable on each fairly geared 90 (while it was a tad harder on lvl 85, yes, there are classes where it was also easy for everyone to solo as 85, hold your horses)
    -due to account wide mounts, it is much more attractive to farm on all your alts
    -everyone is trying to get this now, and if you win it, you ride it
    -people on the internet exaggerate a lot. It's basicly the same as asking a guy about how many bed partners he had, devide by at least 3, (if its half a decent girl, multiply by 3). If one says 100 tries pre-MoP, 20-30 is probably a fair number if he had actually tried.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    10 man is def doable by any class or spec, currently working on the 25 man version on a shadow priest alt with an ilvl of about 497, got him to 40% but had adds up when he landed which screwed me over a bit. ( the whelps have 200k hp and the guards have 600k in 25 )
    out of interest, why are you doing it on 25man?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    i quitted wow cause i don't like kungufudisney..
    How come there's still people with this mindset? Oo

10+ Year Old Account
    On my Frost DK ilvl 500 I pretty much down Onyxia before she even lands for phase 3, and she spends only about 5 seconds in phase 2. She does a decent amount of damage, but if you are lvl 90 in half decent gear it should be no problem. I have killed her about 20 times, ran MC 30, killed Anzu 45 and Kill Atuman the Huntsman 35 times. I'm still holding on to hope I'll see it drop, I mean heck it took me 2 runs to get White Hawkstrider from Magister's Terrace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    out of interest, why are you doing it on 25man?
    Had the drake already from 10 man and was pretty much only pushing kill time when doing it, so decided to try something slightly harder during the weekly clear as he have 22 million hp instead of 4.5m i think it is along with higher health on whelps + meleeing harder.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Had the drake already from 10 man and was pretty much only pushing kill time when doing it, so decided to try something slightly harder during the weekly clear as he have 22 million hp instead of 4.5m i think it is along with higher health on whelps + meleeing harder.
    but i meant what are you trying to get from killing it? it doesnt drop a different mount on 25

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Wowhead's drop rates are completely wrong. They're based on reported drops. That rating being accurate relies on the notion that every raid that has ever done Ony reported the mount having dropped, or not dropped, and that no two people from a single kill made a report. Its actually quite foolish to even consider them.
    It's fairly accurate given the sampling error. This is how statistics works. They never claim anything beyond what they sampled.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only mount I've been seeing more and more of are the Firelands Meta and Rag heroic, and Ashes. They seem to be the most common now.

Through the years of playing wow i killed Ony plenty... never saw her mount drop. I just re-subbed, went in to try her out as a rogue to solo.. she died quick it was very easy and yep, mount dropped.

On a side note, finished watching first season of game of thrones last night... awww baby onys.