Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    That change to the daily is pretty much how ZQs worked in the original Guild Wars. I suspect the "Guild Missions" will follow suit as well.

  2. #22
    Thank god they are thinning out the mob density in Orr. I've leveled 4 characters to 80 and I've done the Orr zones map completion twice. The other two, I didn't even bother going there. It's quite the painful zone to solo.

  3. #23

  4. #24
    at least they are doing player housing.

    I hope they make it either like rifts player housing or runescapes (where you have to construct everything like you are a contractor, i loved it).

  5. #25
    Warchief Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    2,053
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    at least they are doing player housing.

    I hope they make it either like rifts player housing or runescapes (where you have to construct everything like you are a contractor, i loved it).
    sometime in the future... not in the upcoming months

  6. #26
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    sometime in the future... not in the upcoming months
    Still means they're doing it, eventually, but doing it unlike many other MMO developers that just say "We don't have any plans on doing such things."

    And i agree with you Zito, i want a system like Rifts (or SWGs).

    I'm not sure how i feel about the reduced density in Orr, Risen are balanced around having a large amount of them swarming you, i'm just afraid that Orr will become a super easy zone with less Risen in there...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    at least they are doing player housing.

    I hope they make it either like rifts player housing or runescapes (where you have to construct everything like you are a contractor, i loved it).
    Actually I hope they don't do that. The worst, in my opinion.

    I want to decorate and furnish my house. Not lay every brick & floorboard.

    My house in Rift consists of a like a vase and a table in an empty field. Because really, fuck building.

  8. #28
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Actually I hope they don't do that. The worst, in my opinion.

    I want to decorate and furnish my house. Not lay every brick & floorboard.

    My house in Rift consists of a like a vase and a table in an empty field. Because really, fuck building.
    I'm not familiar with the Rift one as much, but in SWG you bought a house type (there were a TON of house types) and then you placed every decoration you wanted in the house which could consist of anything that you'd normally sell to a vendor, or specific house decorations that were crafted/rewarded to you.

    Not to mention a lot of people were able to combine different things to make them look like something else, i remember a few people would use lights and pearls to create huge strands of DNA in their houses (well they were made into labs), which was amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    My house in Rift consists of a like a vase and a table in an empty field. Because really, fuck building.

    Fencers, you a such a minimalist ;-)

    I'm neutral on player housing, probably cuz I never played a game with it. Might be something cool for RPers, but for someone like me what do I do? Decorate a house and have people over for a Tupperware party? haha
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  10. #30
    I've never played a game with player housing, so whatever they do will be completely new to me.

    As for Orr, at least on my server, the zones are almost completely void of players right now so obviously the way it is is not working. I can appreciate the 'feel' they were trying to go for, but ultimately that didn't translate into fun.

  11. #31
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Rift one as much, but in SWG you bought a house type (there were a TON of house types) and then you placed every decoration you wanted in the house which could consist of anything that you'd normally sell to a vendor, or specific house decorations that were crafted/rewarded to you.

    I never played SWG but Rift does have both types you buy an area of the world and you can either buy something with a base building in there and decorate it or build one from the ground up. It's the first game I've played with player/guild housing. Some people (not Fencers obviously, lol) go gaga over them I seen one post from someone in Rift say, "they added 10 levels to the xpac?" meaning that's all the do obviously tongue and cheek. I guess it's something you like or warm up to but for myself my housing is just a drop off storage locker of the items I've massed while playing the game and I've dumped them in there so not to waste bank/bag space....Others including guilds have done crazy things including player created jump puzzles in their housing.

    http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/a...pscdd48b77.jpg
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  12. #32
    If they ever had player housing, they should give choices. 1) Cheapest would be to move into a premade house in any town that is currently in the game right now. That way all you have to do is decorate it yourself 2) would be to make a new zone where players can build their own houses or towns from the ground up. I personally would choose to do the first choice since I want to live in Garenhoff. That's my favourite looking small town in any MMO I've played.
    Last edited by carnifex2005; 2013-01-19 at 07:53 PM.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I'm not familiar with the Rift one as much
    It is basically like Minecraft but without the pixel graphics and mining.

    I am completely aware of SWG housing, played for years. Few MMOs are unknown to me.

    Ideal MMO housing for me is like Aion, Ultima Online, Lord of the Rings Online and Radiant Arcana. Less than ideal housing would be: Mortal, SWG, Rift, Minecraft bullshit.

    I don't want to build a goddamn thing. Just decorate.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-19 at 07:42 PM.

  14. #34
    I kind of liked Lotro's housing.

    Perhaps a housing system where you could buy it in modules, so you have some control of how it looks. I sort of agree with Fencers about Rift's dimensions. It's a really cool system for those folks who like that kind of building but not so cool for those that don't have the patience and creativity to build something Lego style.

  15. #35
    Scarab Lord Karizee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    The Eternal Alchemy
    Posts
    4,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Others including guilds have done crazy things including player created jump puzzles in their housing.

    Now you have my attention!
    Who knows more of gods than I? Horse gods and fire gods, gods made of gold with gemstone eyes, gods carved of cedar wood, gods chiseled into mountains, gods of empty air... I know them all.
    ~Euron "Crow's Eye" Greyjoy

  16. #36
    Guild housing is even worse in Rift. It's still building all that stuff. Which is, >.> city for me.

    Guild Wars 1 and Everquest guild housing was much better.

  17. #37
    Fluffy Kitten Azuri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Guild housing is even worse in Rift. It's still building all that stuff. Which is, >.> city for me.

    Guild Wars 1 and Everquest guild housing was much better.
    Nostalgia is a bitch.

    I've never tried gw1 or EQ housing and since big part of the management and dev team including hartsman are from EQ I can see why they implemented it. It's not my cup of tea either and i'm guessing Trion is taking it to the next level and if anyone does it well or better then the past it will be them.

    OT : Housing I think is a huge devolpement resource hog and I can understand not rushing it 1/2 assed.
    • PSN ID: Azuri118 •

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Yeah I got super crazy with housing... I turned a 3 floor bunker into a lab, with bio tanks, robot servants, stuffed (as in taxidermy) animals that were failed experiments, animals in incubations, offices, etc... GW2 would be no different with my house decoration obsession xD.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  19. #39
    Mechagnome Fernling306's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Fencers, you a such a minimalist ;-)

    I'm neutral on player housing, probably cuz I never played a game with it. Might be something cool for RPers, but for someone like me what do I do? Decorate a house and have people over for a Tupperware party? haha
    This is kinda how I feel about player housing. I've never played with it in a game before and don't really know what I would do with it. I am definitely all for it though, seeing how many people desperately want it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    This is kinda how I feel about player housing. I've never played with it in a game before and don't really know what I would do with it. I am definitely all for it though, seeing how many people desperately want it.
    Depending on how depth it is, you can play the game entirely just from housing.

    Runescape player housing was amazing, you can make your own dungeons and bosses and throw partys in your house for everyone to experience. You could set up a boxing ring where players right it out. Trap doors leading to your dungeon, you can make people die in the house! I loved it.

    People would spam outside the instance portal for housing throwing partys, I spent hours and days crashing partys.
    Last edited by zito; 2013-01-19 at 10:01 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •