Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Nostalgia is a bitch.
    Can't be nostalgia. I still play Guild Wars 1 and Everquest. Like, less than 3 or so weeks ago. Was clearing Crystal Desert on my Mesmer and running around Qeynos in EQ.

Fencers only regards the finest games of the genre.

You aren't going to start talking in 3rd person now, are you Fencers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Can't be nostalgia. I still play Guild Wars 1 and Everquest. Like, less than 3 or so weeks ago. Was clearing Crystal Desert on my Mesmer and running around Qeynos in EQ.

Fencers only regards the finest games of the genre.

LoL, I like to pull your chain. <3 I was watching someone stream some original EQ btw wow it looks so dated and people are still passionately playing it obviously means it was a great game. Sorry to de-rail I'm done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    You aren't going to start talking in 3rd person now, are you Fencers?
    Fencers is thinking about it.

LoL, I like to pull your chain. <3 I was watching someone stream some original EQ btw wow it looks so dated and people are still passionately playing it obviously means it was a great game. Sorry to de-rail I'm done now.
    Smooches, sweetie.

Did someone says Sims 3 House decoration in GW2? Yes, yes please.

I love just creating houses, not playing any characters, but creating houses in Sims 3, especially with all dlc's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fencers is thinking about it.

Smooches, sweetie.
    But fencers can't do it! That's Skellingtons job!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Ideal MMO housing for me is like Aion, Ultima Online, Lord of the Rings Online and Radiant Arcana. Less than ideal housing would be: Mortal, SWG, Rift, Minecraft bullshit.
    SWG's building phase of home makeing was almost non existant. Yes the blueprint was crafted but you didnt need to do that yourself. The only "Building" your home you had to do amounted to picking a spot and ploping down the blueprint, let the blueprint do its thing and start decorating. There was a bit of build time as I recall from droping the marker to the house being built but you could just set it and forget it and come back later. Nothing along the line of bring out 50 planks to lay the floor go get 30 framing timber to setup the framework ect ect before you get to the decorating like you seem to dispise. About the only way to make it more ideal by the standards you've stated would be the walk up to the magic door, step into your new appartment and decorate that some games use. Oh and ignore the 400 other people runing into the door of your home but are not actualy in your home.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    SWG's building phase of home makeing was almost non existant. Yes the blueprint was crafted but you didnt need to do that yourself. The only "Building" your home you had to do amounted to picking a spot and ploping down the blueprint, let the blueprint do its thing and start decorating. There was a bit of build time as I recall from droping the marker to the house being built but you could just set it and forget it and come back later. Nothing along the line of bring out 50 planks to lay the floor go get 30 framing timber to setup the framework ect ect before you get to the decorating like you seem to dispise. About the only way to make it more ideal by the standards you've stated would be the walk up to the magic door, step into your new appartment and decorate that some games use. Oh and ignore the 400 other people runing into the door of your home but are not actualy in your home.
    I really like how you could do a bunch of settings for your home as well, like making it so only certain people can enter, or making it private, or turning it into a shop etc.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    About the only way to make it more ideal by the standards you've stated would be the walk up to the magic door, step into your new appartment and decorate that some games use. Oh and ignore the 400 other people runing into the door of your home but are not actualy in your home.
    That would be ideal, yes. House maid or house door to a discrete instance. Layouts available in the cash shop.

My favorite housing system worked in that manner. One could even teleport to their home from anywhere in the world instantly.

I found it to the ideal above all others. No building, blueprints, mixing or crafting whatsoever.

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be ideal, yes. House maid or house door to a discrete instance. Layouts available in the cash shop.

My favorite housing system worked in that manner. One could even teleport to their home from anywhere in the world instantly.

I found it to the ideal above all others. No building, blueprints, mixing or crafting whatsoever.
    well i never built houses i just bought a blueprint (layout) and then my house was made... it was great... I'd rather that it's NOT in the gem store, but that's just me... now i'm saying more of a "I hope i can get a house outside of the gem store" not "they shouldn't have any houses in the gem store!"

PS: Teleporting back to your house from anywhere in the world would be great, especially if you have the option to drag your party (they could accept/decline like going into any instanced area) so they could come with!

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    well i never built houses i just bought a blueprint (layout) and then my house was made... it was great... I'd rather that it's NOT in the gem store, but that's just me... now i'm saying more of a "I hope i can get a house outside of the gem store" not "they shouldn't have any houses in the gem store!"
    Talking about housing systems in general. I don't care for the build-y type system. Just a pick layout/walk in/decorate system is ideal for me.

I would assume Anet would copy the company I used to work for since they basically copied the gems/gold and gasha system. By which I mean you would get a "basic" house in game for free. Where more elaborate layouts cost gems. Additional furnishings sold in gem shop too.

Teleporting back to your house from anywhere in the world would be great, especially if you have the option to drag your party (they could accept/decline like going into any instanced area) so they could come with!
    It was possible to do this in my former MMO as well.

A house could also have a "guest list" and a public or private listing. Guests you designated could enter leave your house freely. And you could set permissions per guest as to what they could do in a house. &/or one could list their house publicly, allowing any one to walk in and sight-see.

You could have NPC employees too. Like maids, pets and staff. Personal crafting stations, storage and auction house access.

This sort of robust housing have been around for years already.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post

PS: Teleporting back to your house from anywhere in the world would be great, especially if you have the option to drag your party (they could accept/decline like going into any instanced area) so they could come with!
    Being in the gem shop or not is almost irrelevant since you can just buy gems with gold really. Right?

Edit: I get what you said. You just want it not to be exclusively in the gem shop? But again takes us to the same place where it def would cost gold to do it, which doesn't matter that much if in gem shop or not (maybe fluctuating values?).

I don't really care much for this feature but I would def use it when it's there. I never played that feature in any a game (besides The sims and minecraft... XD)
    Last edited by Zilong; 2013-01-20 at 10:32 PM.