Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    Season pass for 22.40 aswell. That's damn cheap, Definitely getting that lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    How can anyone dislike a race of redheaded grumpy girls?
    Because they all wear pants that make them look like plumbers, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing (if you are into girls).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the thirty three was too good to pass up so its downloading now.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    boo even cheaper that I got it for as pre-order from them. Got it for $48 from them which was a nice deal. I bet they won't price adjust either =(

---------- Post added 2013-04-16 at 10:04 PM ----------

I think their patch download servers are getting swamped because I'm only getting 15mbps download. It starts at like 1600 jumps to 500 then slowly declines to 15. So annoying cause I want to play it now instead of later. Oh well at least I got the season pass for less then $5 a DLC. GOG really is a decent deal. They have the prices already discounted and you can apply the voucher code for an additional amount off.

Even if I end up not liking the game down the road it isn't to much wasted, and since its B2P I can still get my moneys worth exploring new content if you go by a strict time invested to price conversion.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Season passes are also only $22 only GMG with the voucher on reddit.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Season passes are also only $22 only GMG with the voucher on reddit.
    I'm still holding off till they announce what's in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, what's up with the patcher dying. Doesn't seem to be saving its spot either. I recall the Rift patcher having its shit together better than this. We sure Trion didn't subcontract this thing like Gearbox did with ACM?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Wow, what's up with the patcher dying. Doesn't seem to be saving its spot either. I recall the Rift patcher having its shit together better than this. We sure Trion didn't subcontract this thing like Gearbox did with ACM?
    I patched fine. Took me about 30 min because I have horrible DL speed but it worked like it was supposed to. This was at about 10pm EST.

The game runs a lot smoother for me and I gained about 100 EGO rating. They smoothed out a lot of rough edges. Even salvaging gear is better.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Dunno, but the team working on this is nowhere near the quality of the team working on Rift. It's kinda a shock after a year and a half (for me) of dealing with Trions spectacular service and handling of Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Dunno, but the team working on this is nowhere near the quality of the team working on Rift. It's kinda a shock after a year and a half (for me) of dealing with Trions spectacular service and handling of Rift.
    It finally cooperated and I am down with a bug so I tried it again. Its different but it needs some serious tlc. Glad I bought it at half price. Interested to see what happens over the next couple of months.

The game definitely has promise but they have ALOT of bugs to iron out. It's definitely worth keeping an eye on...I dunno if I would I plunge headfirst in as your goto game though.

Deleted
    Absolutely loving the game and the show pilot blew me away, looks like it could be really promising for the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Absolutely loving the game and the show pilot blew me away, looks like it could be really promising for the future!
    Agreed, I got defiance after watching the pilot Monday. Been pretty busy with school so I haven't been able to play much, but the little bit I've gotten to play had me hooked.

the thing i most dislike about this mmo is that outside pvp no one talks its just like playing a solo game are there any clans floating round that are actively social and stuff?

love the gameplay though snipers are heaps of fun in this game, i live in australia so because we have wheels on the other side of the car i spent about maybe 10 hours wondering why i couldnt drive anything outside of the buggies hahah

10+ Year Old Account
    The whole local audio on by default shit is really annoying. I'll run into an area and suddenly price is right is blaring in my ears. Or some skrug is bragging, or bitching, to himself in a match. It says mute is on... But its not.

Not a fan of the phasing either. I love stumbling across a quest and helping someone else. Don't like watching them vanish in front of me. Did some PvP and a Dungeon last night. Overall, its different but not sure how long it will keep my interest.

Gameplay is ok, but the guns feel weak. Even with head shots it takes half my ammo to kill something. I can understand that on enemies that look armored, but your ordinary mutant should be going down with one or two blows to the brains. I guess that's why everyone seems to use shotguns. My even LMG sounds sad. Like it's shooting goo pellets and not bullets.

Don't get me started on the mutant grenadiers... humongous health pool, unlimited clips, massive splash damage, better range than a sniper and AI aim precision. I feel like I'm fighting pre-patch Firefall Juggernauts again, only without the jetpack!

Also, I thought GW2 was the least social MMO I'd played, but this one takes that record by a long mile. I guess since it's cross platform and you can't type on the PS3 or XBox they felt chat was a low priority. Seems PC users seriously got the short end of the stick on UI in general. At least they are aware of it though, so we'll see what future patches bring.

All in all, this game feels like it should be in early closed beta or late alpha right now, not release. One of the biggest downfalls of being stuck syncing with a TV show release.

Oh, and I'm really disappointed they've already removed most of the show tie ins that were in the game. They should have left them in and simply marked the quest as happening at X point of the series. Removing content from an game is never a good idea. I understand some people feel there should be prestige and they don't want others to have the quest rewards, but they can remove those and at least leave the story in so others can experience it. That's supposed to be the big draw of the game.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    This became evident in the Alpha when they stopped adding new content, and fixing major bugs, and instead spent 4 patches in a row overhauling the tutorial area, that especially by pass #2, was perfectly fine.

IMO this game had serious promise, but as a MMO fails hard. No mail, no personal bank, no guild bank, chat (in Alpha) sucked, VOIP had no push-to-talk feature. There's no 'Central Hub" aka "City" in most MMOs (I feel weird calling it a City as it takes place in a City!). There's barely anything social to do with a game that's supposed to be a MMO.

I excuse bugs, but it pains me when they seemingly turned a blind eye to them three months ago. I can't excuse an "anti-social" MMO.

I'm watching it, still. But, yeah. Anyone cares, my full opinion is in my sig. It's pretty negative though.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    This became evident in the Alpha when they stopped adding new content, and fixing major bugs, and instead spent 4 patches in a row overhauling the tutorial area, that especially by pass #2, was perfectly fine.

IMO this game had serious promise, but as a MMO fails hard. No mail, no personal bank, no guild bank, chat (in Alpha) sucked, VOIP had no push-to-talk feature. There's no 'Central Hub" aka "City" in most MMOs (I feel weird calling it a City as it takes place in a City!). There's barely anything social to do with a game that's supposed to be a MMO.

I excuse bugs, but it pains me when they seemingly turned a blind eye to them three months ago. I can't excuse an "anti-social" MMO.

I'm watching it, still. But, yeah. Anyone cares, my full opinion is in my sig. It's pretty negative though.
    I'd say after 200 hours spent on Alpha version you're pretty much fed up with the game. I'm enjoying myself a lot right now, but I only played for 20+ hours. But then again, I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, just a solid game, and that's what Defiance is, and more so, it has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'd say after 200 hours spent on Alpha version you're pretty much fed up with the game. I'm enjoying myself a lot right now, but I only played for 20+ hours. But then again, I wasn't expecting a masterpiece, just a solid game, and that's what Defiance is, and more so, it has potential.
    Yeah, I'll admit I was fed up with a lot of the "Alpha/Beta" type issues, every time they revamped the tutorial, they reset characters, so I got stuck for like two months just past the Shondu's Consulate Mission because I kept losing my progress. I had been further before, but as you can expect that left me very annoyed.

Obviously it's not fair to put that type of thing into a 'review,' though, right? I highly doubt they're ever resetting characters again!

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Just finished the second episode, it was ok. I expected more development of Nolan, but it gave me at least some. My main reason for posting is a question though; Does anyone know who sings the Nirvana cover that was during the final scene? I love Nirvana, and I also loved that cover. I'm currently driving myself insane trying to find the cover amongst 1000000 other covers on youtube.