Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by warjin View Post
    Guys you have to remember, weapons though the same damage per type they have different bonuses and damage per second, some guns shoot more rounds per second but with the same damage, also you have to take into account the stat "Bloom" this is the bullet spread so 2 of the same weapon types may have different feels to them. High item weapons, purple and orange tend to have way better bonuses when maxed out and also better bloom and more shots per second (Dps).

    I thought at first they were all the same until I got my hands on orange/purple weapons.

    As of now I do use dropped weapons just until I max out my weapon type then I will go back to my orange/purple weapon because they are maxed out and fully modded.

    Progression is in this game with better item weapons, shields and ego perks, right now I use a purple rhino shield with a passive effect of -4% damage taken when shield is not full on top of the ego perk of -6% damage taken, so I can pretty much tank shit at this point, yes in San Fran Area, also you will be able to equip more ego perks at higher ego, I think 9 or 10 if I'm not mistaken, so you can become a beast after a while depending on how you mod, perk and shield.
    A weapon that does 5000 damage per second has a speed of 25. A weapon that has 2500 damage per second has a speed of 50.

    Same amount of damage.

    All weapon are the same. You never get a weapon where EVERYTHING increases.

    Weapons feels different. Yet they have same stats. Difference is how they deal it.

  2. #342
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,609
    Remember to do the current episode missions (the ones with a Star on the world map and quest icon.) They will disappear after the first episode airs and might not return at all. Devs have mentioned that they might do a "re-run" of the episode quests once the current season of the show is done.

    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ore-the-show-a
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ore-the-show-a

    Kinda sucks but I get their whole idea of wanting to keep the game and show "in sync" to the same time period.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Remember to do the current episode missions (the ones with a Star on the world map and quest icon.) They will disappear after the first episode airs and might not return at all. Devs have mentioned that they might do a "re-run" of the episode quests once the current season of the show is done.

    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ore-the-show-a
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...ore-the-show-a

    Kinda sucks but I get their whole idea of wanting to keep the game and show "in sync" to the same time period.
    There are only like...3 or so episode missions and they're nothing to write home about : /

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    A weapon that does 5000 damage per second has a speed of 25. A weapon that has 2500 damage per second has a speed of 50.

    Same amount of damage.

    All weapon are the same. You never get a weapon where EVERYTHING increases.

    Weapons feels different. Yet they have same stats. Difference is how they deal it.
    I have had weapons with the same damage but one pumps put more ammo per second, example one will do 40 damage at 14 clip (green weapon) and the other will do 40 damage with a clip of 16 no mods (orange weapon), so yes they is a difference in damage per second.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There are only like...3 or so episode missions and they're nothing to write home about : /
    personally, i thought the episode missions were some of the most entertaining i've done yet.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There are only like...3 or so episode missions and they're nothing to write home about : /
    If I remember right there was around 6-8 Epsiode missions and I though they where interesting.

    The cliffhanger was interesting as well "won't go into detail don't want to spoil it for anyone"

    One thing I think they have done really well is the story telling in the episode missions. as for the main missions the story telling there is good but so far I don't feel it is as good as the episode missions.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  7. #347
    Anyone manage to find a place to buy the jeep vehicle? All I can find are quad vendors.

  8. #348
    Immortal Dezerte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,775
    I suckered in eventually and I bought the game, I just have to trust TRION that they'll fix some of the issues with the game that I have (console UI being my biggest gripe).

    The game itself is fun & a fresh breath of air, so I think I'll just have to learn to live with those issues (hopefully not for long).
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

    The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

  9. #349
    I was thinking about getting this game for the Xbox just because there isn't many games like this one for consoles but I have one concern, from someone that plays it on the xbox is there a lot of people on it? The game seems like it didn't get that much publicity thats why I ask and I don't really wanna get it if not a lot of people are roaming around.

  10. #350
    I expected this game to be niche but I am started to feel like its underrated. Kind of like when Borderlands came out.

  11. #351
    With all the problems Defiance is having at lease on the console...I am losing interest fast.

    Now I do know its a new MMO release and there will be problems this is something I know a lot because I have beta tested and played MMO's at there release.

    But Trion being shush shush on everything is getting on my nervs.

    The region lock on xbox 360 "and maybe even ps3" should not have happen. I get why there is no cross platform setup and I agree with it but there is no game on xbox360 that is region locked.

    The region lock has cut the player base in half and I can't play with the people I want to. Trion has made comments that they are looking into it and every single time I hear/see a company say "We are looking into it" it sends a chill down my spine because nothing ever gets changed.

    Can't wait to check out the show but at the rate the things are going I am going to lose interest in the game by the end of the month.

    if region lock isn't lifed ill unsub to xbox live until it is because there is nothing else I play online.

    sorry for the small rant but I am sure there is many like me tired of trion not talking to the player base and keeping us updated. the only thing I can say that mite be fixed "not fully but is better now then what it was" was the server lag.
    My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/jtbrig7390
    PSN: Jtbrig7390
    Nintendo ID: Jtbrig7390
    XBL: Jtbrig7390 "Inactive at this time"
    My Twitch Streaming Games All The Time: http://www.twitch.tv/jtbrig7390

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    With all the problems Defiance is having at lease on the console...I am losing interest fast.

    Now I do know its a new MMO release and there will be problems this is something I know a lot because I have beta tested and played MMO's at there release.

    But Trion being shush shush on everything is getting on my nervs.
    They've had like 3-4 producer letters since launch talking about issues and what they're working on >.>

    The issue with consoles is they can't push out patches quickly because the patches need to go through certification. That means they need to hold them back and bundle as many fixes as possible before dropping the patch, and then can't respond too quickly if there are issues with the patch itself.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    They've had like 3-4 producer letters since launch talking about issues and what they're working on >.>

    The issue with consoles is they can't push out patches quickly because the patches need to go through certification. That means they need to hold them back and bundle as many fixes as possible before dropping the patch, and then can't respond too quickly if there are issues with the patch itself.
    That... Seems like something that should have been hammered out BEFORE launching.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    That... Seems like something that should have been hammered out BEFORE launching.
    You can't hammer out how console patching works, unless you replace XBL and PSN with the SteamBox, and I don't know about you but SteamBox isn't quite in my living room just yet.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    You can't hammer out how console patching works, unless you replace XBL and PSN with the SteamBox, and I don't know about you but SteamBox isn't quite in my living room just yet.
    What I meant is that they should have figured out some sort of deal with xbl and psn to allow them to patch quickly/whenever they want.
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    What I meant is that they should have figured out some sort of deal with xbl and psn to allow them to patch quickly/whenever they want.
    They can't. Nobody can. You have to get your game/patch through the certification process and there's no way around it. The certification process is time consuming and expensive, which is why you don't see frequent patches for games.

  17. #357
    So what does this mean for the like... weekly episode mission stuff?
    Lv30 (Warframe) - Zephyr - Boltor Prime - Lex Prime - Dakra Prime -
    Lv40 (Firefall) - Dragonfly - Recluse - Biotech - Mammoth - Arsenal - Rhino- Dreadnought - Nighthawk - Raptor - Recon - Tigerclaw - Electron -
    Lv60 (Neverwinter) - Rogue - Fighter - Wizard - Guardian - Cleric -

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    So what does this mean for the like... weekly episode mission stuff?
    I'm sure that won't be an issue as the content is prepared ahead of time. However fixing bugs that come with the patches...that's going to be tricky. They'll need to deploy fixes quickly, but that also means that other bugs they are working on addressing will likely be delayed till the subsequent episodes patch.

  19. #359
    Got really into the game but then after just a few hours it seemed really repetitive and had quite a few bugs with vehicles and mobs so for now I'm going to sit this game out and wait for some updates over the next few months.

  20. #360
    I am Murloc! rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,609
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    There are only like...3 or so episode missions and they're nothing to write home about : /
    It works out to like 5 or 6 current ones if you count all the legs of the story arc. They also unlock two outfits and grant a purple assault rifle which is an early guaranteed purple. Those will go away for all new players. It isn't that big of a deal with the prologue episode missions but this carries over to any episode mission.

    They are all time based and you have to complete them within that time limit or risk missing out on them forever. If you go on vacation for a week you will miss out on part of the TV show tie in until Trion decides to do a "re-run" of the story missions.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •