Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    First update looks pretty meh as far as I'm concerned. I don't give a single fuck about PvP (played a bunch at launch and it felt like a fucking mess), and the non-PvP content is pretty light, even with the purchase DLC (I'm functioning under the assumption that it won't be any longer than the storyline quests, which take about 10-15 hours if you only do those).

I'm kinda disappointed, because the game already feels very light on content, even if you work towards all the achievements : /

The Castithan blades could be neat. That and the UI improvements (DESPERATELY NEEDED) are about the most interesting thing I see coming. But I'll let them show what's in the paid DLC before final judgment.
    It's a video game made to inflate the ratings of a show. It was never a stand alone project. It's a bland and rushed game made after a tv show and, like pretty much all video games made after tv series or movies, it's mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Day Dreamer View Post
    It's a video game made to inflate the ratings of a show. It was never a stand alone project. It's a bland and rushed game made after a tv show and, like pretty much all video games made after tv series or movies, it's mediocre.
    Not commenting on quality, but it's not a licensed game that way. The game was created alongside the show with the two interacting at various points. It wasn't made after the show.

I enjoyed episode 6 as well. My interest in the game is waning a bit, hit 3500 ego and ran out of things to do about 500 ego ago. Tomorrows large update will bring freight yard back, and I look forward to enjoying that map.

I also am not to impressed with that they have released in regard to the first DLC. Doesn't seem to be much in the way of new story content, which is the most enjoyable portion of the game in my opinion. 3+ new weapons could be neat, but I was really hoping for a new map to explore. Vegas Prison would be an amazing locale should they add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    So, what do you guys think about the last episode? IMO, it was a lot better than the previous one, and people seemed to enjoy it a lot. The show seems to be getting better and better, I'm glad there will be season 2.
    When Datak did his thing in the middle there, damn that was sexy in ways I didn't think I could feel about fictional older alien males. But then of course he got played like a fiddle and I was once again sadface.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've been playing since the free weekend and I must say I'm having a lot of fun. Co-op maps and Ark Falls have my attention right now. If someone could tell me, is there a quick way to switch between load outs? It's a pain to switch from my normal load out to my heavy hitting stuff in the middle of a huge battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    So, I've been playing since the free weekend and I must say I'm having a lot of fun. Co-op maps and Ark Falls have my attention right now. If someone could tell me, is there a quick way to switch between load outs? It's a pain to switch from my normal load out to my heavy hitting stuff in the middle of a huge battle.
    There's supposed to be an UI overhaul when the DLC is released. I think you have to switch loadouts the hard way for now. Pain indeed. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    There's supposed to be an UI overhaul when the DLC is released. I think you have to switch loadouts the hard way for now. Pain indeed. :P
    So they are going to charge you for this fix? I sure hope not..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    DLC Details:

You get this when you buy the DLC for $10:
    – Access to play the Castithan Species
    – Access to a new Story Mission Line with new Battle Arena Game Mode
    – Access to the new Castithan Battle Arenas
    – Castithan Charge Blade & Ceremonial Mask as a reward from Story Mission Line
    – A unique version of the Raptor, a new 4 player truck of doom
    – A unique Castithan version of an outfit
    – A Charge Weapons Starter Pack
    – Access to New Pursuits
    – New Xbox and PS3 Trophies and Achievements

You get this in the DLC for free:
    – Access to the new Charge Weapons Class and Castithan Blades
    – Access to Sieges, a new Open World Game Mode
    – Access to the new Monolith Major Arkfall
    – Access to a new PvP Map – Military Academy
    – Join a friend into the Battle Arenas Game Mode
    – Duel your friends and neighbors in the Duels Game Mode
    – Enemies, lockboxes, and events can drop Charge Weapons
    – Select a new voice for you character
    – Multitude of game improvements from UI to content

You can buy these individually from the store:
    – New Mods that tint the color of your Castithan Blade
    – Lockboxes have a chance to get Charge Weapons
    – More versions of the Raptor, the new 4 player truck of doomed compensation
    – Character Customization changes: Appearance change, name change, or everything change
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/...-dlc-strategy/

Quote Originally Posted by Weezing View Post
    Obviously not. As above posted, there's going to be a lot more included in the DLC, but there's also going to be a lot of QoL fixes.

Are PC controls and interface any better now? Did they fix/update them?

How are infector weapons?

In 1 week raptr is doing a 30% off defiance promotion.

Woah, Datak sure shined in the last episode. Great scene with the cure. Meanwhile, the series still keeps getting better. Love it.

Woah, Datak sure shined in the last episode. Great scene with the cure. Meanwhile, the series still keeps getting better. Love it.
    Yeah I am enjoying the series as well. The game has left a bad taste in my mouth, developers focusing on removing content before fixing bugs is very frustrating. Truly wish I hadn't bought the season pass now, and didn't think that would happen. Now they even went as far as to lower the spawn rate of major arkfalls, and I can only assume it is to once again lower the number of keycodes people can attain per hour.

*sigh*

Deleted

Defiance. FPS MMORPG game.

Hello. I remember a while back when I saw the game but back then it didn't catch my attention at all really. But today my brother bought the game and I looks fun. He have only played for 2 hours but the concept seems epic and I like the random events going on just like in Rift. Not to mention the 64-64 pvp matches.

Anyway. I just wonder what people think about this game? How long have you been playing it and would you recommend me buying it too? Does anyone know how the end game is? I've heard that there are dungeons working like in GW2 where avoiding stuff is important.

I mean, I love fps games and mmoprg games, and this is a mixture of both!
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2013-07-08 at 11:18 PM.

Deleted
    TLRL-XDYR-ZPYK-MQKX-T3LJ

XP Boost, Loot Boost, Scrip Boost and a Tier 1 Lock Box

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    TLRL-XDYR-ZPYK-MQKX-T3LJ

XP Boost, Loot Boost, Scrip Boost and a Tier 1 Lock Box

Its a one time use voucher. I'm guessing you got it via Raptr as part of their rewards for Defiance. I just wish it could update past play time cause I'd be near the elite rank for sure lol.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Its a one time use voucher. I'm guessing you got it via Raptr as part of their rewards for Defiance. I just wish it could update past play time cause I'd be near the elite rank for sure lol.
    Yeah, I got it for playing the beta but don't have the game.

Thought someone else may as well use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Anyway. I just wonder what people think about this game? How long have you been playing it and would you recommend me buying it too? Does anyone know how the end game is? I've heard that there are dungeons working like in GW2 where avoiding stuff is important.
    Gets boring quite rapidly. I played it for about 2 weeks after release and never touched it since. At least that's my experience. The mob variety is extremely limited, sure, the models change, but their behaviour, not so much. Every mob race has a small unit, standard one, heavy one, a boss and elite versions of each. And that's just it. Feels like shooting hellbugs all the time.

Maybe if I hadn't discovered Rift I would be playing Defiance, but seeing as I have an alternative, playing Defiance is a no-no. The one redeeming quality the game has is the connection to the series. But I still can't be arsed to log in and do episode missions, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

so, since its on sale on steam, is this worth spending 10euros?

Quote Originally Posted by Karny View Post
    so, since its on sale on steam, is this worth spending 10euros?
    For $10 or so, I'd say it's worth it. It's really lacking on content and polish, but the shooting is solid and it's got some pretty fun instances.