View Poll Results: Would you purchase a tome of panda land flying for 10k gold for each of your alts?

Voters
299. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

90 30.10%
  • No

209 69.90%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd be more likely to buy it at 5k, but I do think 10k is a good price. Maybe it can be found on the BMAH.
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

10k is nothing if you have like 1-3 alts but what about those who are altoholics? just look at my sig. if all my toons were still 85 (cept one) then thats 100k. eff that noise. even now, 60k is an annoyance on my realm. not a big annoyance, but enough to make me sigh.

lol at people getting mad.

ITS PANDARIA THE ANCIENT HOMELAND OF THE PANDAREN LEARN 2 LORE.

Please nerd rage harder.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    My point was exactly that.
    You said to make it 10k to keep it for people that really want to fly for those 5 levels. It could be the one thing someone wants the most in the game but, if they don't have the 10k, they get nothing.

I don't see how it's so different to flying at 90 in all honesty. You're just penalizing someone for wanting to use their mounts.
    Would just be easier to go the Wrath route and give flying at 77 or 78 instead really.
    Wow, you just took a feature that gives players an early level advantage of flying at 85, and you spun it into an unfair advantage. I mean, seriously? So what if you dont have 10k at level 85 to buy for your alt, you can still level the normal way. The way that is there and always be there is STILL THERE. It just gives players who can afford it, and wants to spend the 10k a perk for doing so.

Its not penalizing anyone, in fact its rewarding them. Get real man.

---------- Post added 2013-01-18 at 11:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    If it's 10k per alt, I wouldn't waste 10k gold to fly. It's not worth the waste of gold considering leveling is fairly quick. Now if it was say 10k for the 1 tomb that allowed every character on that account to fly at 85 I might do it. I don't care how easy 10k is to get, I'm like scrooge with my gold and not wasting it on anything. >.<
    Thats cool for you, and its perfectly acceptable. However for other people willing to purchase it for each character, they certainly would like the opportunity to do so.

More choices is not a bad thing.

Should be the reward for getting 5 classes to 90.

No I would not buy it. Why? Because flying is not needed, at all.

I'd pay the same price as level 90 pandaria flight. I don't have enough gold to pay for pandaria flight on all my toons for 10k each.

I'd love to fly there at 85, but not to the point of going bankrupt on it. the cost/reward here is too damn high lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

id pay 2k max. Not gonna pay 10k for an alt ( just like how my alts dont have 310% (or 280% for most of them) flying ).

i would dish out 10k gold for my alt too get flying in pandaria, maybe not on my first alt but i would on my 2nd alt and the ones after that.
    you make the 10k back with questing easily enough, and if im going through pandaria for the 3th time i really dnt care that much anymore for the story except a few i like.

I wouldn't only because I enjoy questing in Pandaria so much. I tend to keep my alts through the zone till they finish all the quests just because I have so much fun with it. Even on my druid, I see myself on ground mounts.

I am an altoholic, but never got toons past 30. I am trying to refine my ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Wow, you just took a feature that gives players an early level advantage of flying at 85, and you spun it into an unfair advantage. I mean, seriously? So what if you dont have 10k at level 85 to buy for your alt, you can still level the normal way. The way that is there and always be there is STILL THERE. It just gives players who can afford it, and wants to spend the 10k a perk for doing so.

Its not penalizing anyone, in fact its rewarding them. Get real man.
    Get real? We're talking about a game >_> There is nothing real about it lol

Rarely updated...

If Blizzard follows the same logic that they did in Wrath, the expansion would need to be out for more than half of it's expected existence before the ability to purchase flying early will become available. And then, it would still cost the same as it did for any other characters you purchased the skill with.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    id pay 2k max. Not gonna pay 10k for an alt ( just like how my alts dont have 310% (or 280% for most of them) flying ).
    Uh, it's already 2.5k...

dont rly see the point.. whats so funny at 90 that u have too rush too anyway?
    i like the lvling the "moveing forward" part.. when u ding 90 its just a brick wall off dailies, raids, PvP etc.. no real progress forward just get gear, get better.. then what? its always the same over and over.. if u are lvling u are atleast moveing forward all the time

My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

Quote Originally Posted by Purplekitti View Post
    Uh, it's already 2.5k...
    Not for Goblins. They pay only 2k.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

No because this i dont want this to exist at all... I dont like flying mounts..It sort of takes the world of out of world of warcraft for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

I wouldn't pay it, but if other people want to waste their gold on it, then by all means, knock yourselves out.

Yes I would pay 10k.

I like the fact you can't fly in Pandaria on your 1st character though but once you've got a max level character I think there should be something that unlocks on your account or that you can buy to let your other characters fly at level 85 in pandaria. That was the system they used in WOTLK and it was the best way of doing things imo.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2013-01-18 at 11:30 PM.

So that's 7.5k effective, and saves you couple of hours in which you can play the auction house and make that money back? Sounds like a no-brainer.

Hell no. Idiots playing the AH all day have already driven the prices of everything up so high, I can barely afford to play ANY toon, much less pay a retarded amount just to bypass some content. Who are these people running around with tens of thousands of gold all the time? These people might not have anything to do but play WoW literally all day and night, but those of us who'd like to see the sun occasionally have to pay ridiculous sums on gold sinks because a few thousand people have hit the gold cap.