Hardcore Roleplaying Servers
Flying mounts, Dungeon Tools, an abundance of portals and teleport spells, and so on create two problems.
Problem 1: A lot of people are unhappy about the state of the game. Arguments include the following:
- No people anywhere any more, the world feels dead.
- Flying and teleporting everywhere takes away the feeling of being present in a living, breathing world.
- Dragon shit on the mail boxes!
Problem 2: In hearing these complaints, even more people get frustrated by the amount of QQ on the forums. Arguments include the following:
- Don't take my flying mounts away!
- I don't have the time to walk through all of Azeroth just to get anywhere.
- No one is forcing you to fly - flying makes my game better and more convenient.
I propose this can all be solved by including more server types in the game.
The current realm types, as found on Wowwiki:
- PvE (a.k.a. Normal) - Player vs. Environment.
- PvP - Player vs. Player. Automatic PvP flagging while in contested zones with 5 min. expiration timer when leaving those zones.
- RP - Roleplaying version of a PvE realm. Additional behavior and naming rules apply.
- RP-PvP - Roleplaying version of a PvP realm. Additional behavior and naming rules apply.
I suggest these server types:
- HC-RP-PvE - Hardcore version of a RP-PvE realm, where fast transportation is kept at a minimum and 'Looking For'-tools are unavailable.
- HC-RP-PvP - Hardcore version of a RP-PvP realm, where fast transportation is kept at a minimum and 'Looking For'-tools are unavailable.