Thread: Haste in 5.2

Deleted

Haste in 5.2

Just wanted to know if haste is gonna be beneficial in anyway shape or form for Warriors with its 100% buff??
    Last edited by mmoc20113c607f; 2013-01-18 at 11:07 PM. Reason: forgot to add class...

Beneficial ? It will give some negligible dps obviously. Don't see it coming close to crit regardless but it will gain ground on mastery of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra666 View Post
    Just wanted to know if haste is gonna be beneficial in anyway shape or form for Warriors with its 100% buff??
    it actually got scaled down to a 50% buff, so it will be better, but I don't see it overtaking mastery anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuibus View Post
    it actually got scaled down to a 50% buff, so it will be better, but I don't see it overtaking mastery anytime soon.
    Any quote on that change? because it's currently a 100% buff on the PTR which is the least they should do to haste for Warriors since it's a really terrible stat on Live. BTW haste is about 0.25-0.30 SEP while Mastery is ~0.50 SEP so a 100% buff to haste will make it on par with Mastery (at least with Fury).

Quote Originally Posted by Shinra666 View Post
    Not much except more auto attacks, more procs and more rage which lead to more attacks (specially more Heroic Strikes since you usually have enough rage for your main abilities).
    Last edited by Warrax; 2013-01-19 at 05:09 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Warrax View Post
    Any quote on that change? because it's currently a 100% buff on the PTR which is the least they should do to haste for Warriors since it's a really terrible stat on Live.

Warrior
    - We were concerned that our buffs to haste and mastery were enough to get Arms warriors to regem or be angry about passing on drops to say DKs. That's not the goal. We just wanted to make some of the stats better. We think the changes to Taste for Blood for Arms already make mastery slightly better for them, so we are reverting the change back to 55% for Strikes of Opportunity. (It was 75% in an earlier PTR build.) We also reduced the haste buff from +100% to +50%. It's still a big increase over live.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=26#518

Deleted
    Warrior
    - We were concerned that our buffs to haste and mastery were enough to get Arms warriors to regem
    I don't see why a wider choice in secondary abilities would be a bad thing. Gems aren't exactly expensive, and I'd like a choice between crit/haste/mastery

i would worry about them fixing what does not need to be fixed.
    we all know what happened when they tried to fix a class that was not broken in pve.

this reminds me of dks in wrath. every patch = complete new rotation and that was rather frustrating.

Warrior
    - We were concerned that our buffs to haste and mastery were enough to get Arms warriors to regem or be angry about passing on drops to say DKs. That's not the goal. We just wanted to make some of the stats better. We think the changes to Taste for Blood for Arms already make mastery slightly better for them, so we are reverting the change back to 55% for Strikes of Opportunity. (It was 75% in an earlier PTR build.) We also reduced the haste buff from +100% to +50%. It's still a big increase over live.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...75?page=26#518
    Well that suck for haste, I don't see myself focusing on haste at any point with crit on the way. If anything, haste will still be one of the worst stat for Warriors...just not as bad anymore. They should reconsider keeping it at +100% imho, 50% is really not enough, maybe 75%? I don't think they realize how bad Haste is on Live, I believe it never been as bad.
    Last edited by Warrax; 2013-01-19 at 07:48 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Beneficial ? It will give some negligible dps obviously. Don't see it coming close to crit regardless but it will gain ground on mastery of course.
    It'll be better than mastery for arms, especially since they reverted arms mastery back to what live is (55%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    It'll be better than mastery for arms, especially since they reverted arms mastery back to what live is (55%)
    Honestly I don't give a crap about arms as long as they don't buff it significantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't give a crap about arms as long as they don't buff it significantly.
    Good thing you aren't the only person in the world, or what you give a crap about might matter in regards to what I post.

Good thing you aren't the only person in the world, or what you give a crap about might matter in regards to what I post.
    In the post you quoted I was referring to fury.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the post you quoted I was referring to fury.
    You say that now. The post you reference "Beneficial ? It will give some negligible dps obviously. Don't see it coming close to crit regardless but it will gain ground on mastery of course." says NOTHING about fury. And that is your first post in the topic. Also, the first post (OP's post) doesn't reference fury in specific either. Hence why I am correct and you are wrong. Honestly, it is as simple as that.

You say that now. The post you reference "Beneficial ? It will give some negligible dps obviously. Don't see it coming close to crit regardless but it will gain ground on mastery of course." says NOTHING about fury. And that is your first post in the topic. Also, the first post (OP's post) doesn't reference fury in specific either. Hence why I am correct and you are wrong. Honestly, it is as simple as that.
    I am quite sorry next time I will specify the spec I am referring to more clearly so you don't have to quote me. The lack of arms players made me think this was only about the relevant pve spec - fury.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-01-20 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am quite sorry next time I will specify the spec I am referring to more clearly so you don't have to quote me. The lack of arms players made me think this was only about the relevant pve spec - fury.
    Apology accepted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna use this thread for my current question:

Has anybody tried Haste as his or her secondary stat right now? Is it that senseless compared to mastery? At the moment I'm pretty sure Mastery beats Haste by far, but just wondering if anybody has tried it so far..
    (TG or SMF)

I'd like to change my 2nd stat to Haste in 5.2 (I like the concept of hitting faster, gaining slightly more rage & "more" white damage), let's see how this evolves.

It's just my secondary spec (tank being main) but nonetheless I need to be 'up to date'
    Last edited by Pippo89; 2013-01-21 at 10:14 AM.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

atm it makes more sense to overcap hit then to go for haste. and mastery and all the all stuff is still better then overcapped hit

Deleted
    Will the 50% hastebuff also increase the gain from bloodlust/heroism? Because this is pretty much the only real benefit i can see. We still wont gem/gear for haste.

No, the increase is only on Haste RATING.

The problem with haste rating being 50% better for Warriors is the fact that it will STILL be the worst stat, we will keep avoiding haste like the plague unless we're stuck with it (cough haste on tier pieces cough), it's an underwhelming buff which is disappointing. I just want Haste rating to be an acceptable stat just like mastery and hit is at the moment.
    Last edited by Warrax; 2013-01-21 at 04:43 PM.
    Warrax, Fury Warrior
    Silika, BM Hunter