Page 13 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Mall Security's Avatar
    I wouldnt be suprised if its around 6 million less now, the game has really gone down fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    I wouldnt be suprised if its around 6 million less now, the game has really gone down fast.
    Definitely not.

10 million is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You expect roughly the size of the entire playerbase of EU and US combined to have stopped playing over the course of 3 months?
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Herald of the Titans Mall Security's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You expect roughly the size of the entire playerbase of EU and US combined to have stopped playing over the course of 3 months?

Yeah, I don't know it seems pretty dead across the board, and since i came on in BC it seems more dead than that. So yeah I agree my estimate is high, but I am going by mostly what i am experiencing in game, I wouldnt be suprised 6 Million

I'll play it safe and say around 9 mil.

Mainly due to all the complaints and "I QUIT!" threads I've seen lately.

Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Why is that?
    For the same reason people hung around in Shatrath, Dalaran, Orgrimmar/Stormwind, and Shrine.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PriestRela View Post
    [...]
    -Content Drought, Daillies, CRZ, color of Jania's hair, color of the sky, pissed in your Wheaties this mourning, Ghostcrawler is a terrorist sleeper agent from Mars...you pick.
    [...]
    My class being broken.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

Who cares how many people are playing this game? If you enjoy it, play it, if not, don't play it. Its simple as that. Don't look at some stupid numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...I stand corrected on my assumption. My bad. :P

Well written... and thanks, because I think similarly to you how you are portrayed here - and this makes me even more wary of trying MoP.
    2 things I liked in MoP: the storyline, challenge modes.

I can recommend both.

Rest isn't worth my monthly maintenance. Ie. grinds, more grinds, CRZ, ...

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Read the bolded part. It can't be forced if you have options. Do I need to bring up a dictionary for the word forced?
    Ever heard of "picking between two evils" or whatever it is called in English. Like you got two choices, you don't like either, but you must pick one.

---------- Post added 2013-01-23 at 11:27 AM ----------

i agreed with your post and i am unsubbing cause i am not having fun see u in 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Who cares how many people are playing this game? If you enjoy it, play it, if not, don't play it. Its simple as that. Don't look at some stupid numbers.
    Last edited by beefster; 2013-01-23 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Dailies have made several hundres of thousands people unsub. CRZ made another part quit.
    Where are these numbers coming from? Every xpac so far has had dailys of some form or another, now blizz have made it so there are enough to always have some quests to do if you like that sort of thing. Imagine this is 'I dont like it so majority of playerbase must not either' type of comment.

OT: Whilst there might be a small dip in subs, I think what people think of as unsubs is in fact players moving to high pop servers where they arent really noticed amongst the masses, yet are obviously missed on smaller servers.
    Never argue with and idiot. They bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Some people should be forced to re-level their toons, and pay more attention to the process...

this xpac seem to has alot more ppl enjoying than cata did to think the sub would drop drastically is crazy and can hardly be backed up
    i live by one motto! "lolwut?"

I'm expecting subs to be down to around 9.4M. (-800k ish)
    I'm expecting them to say this was due to the misguided effort of front-loading all of those dailies for fresh lvl90s.
    I'm expecting them to say they have a plan to get more people to re-sub in 5.2.
    I'm expecting them to hint at the 'mystery' feature they haven't told us about to be said plan.
    I'm expecting them to announce another Blizz store pet and/or mount.
    I'm expecting them to give more details on other IPs (SC2, D3, perhaps even a small update on Titan).
    I'm fully expecting them to say that CRZ is a huge success (it is, if by that you mean we see people in the world sometimes), but still has a few bugs to be worked out (dismounting).

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    this xpac seem to has alot more ppl enjoying than cata did to think the sub would drop drastically is crazy and can hardly be backed up
    This is my exact feeling as well. It seems to cater to the exact right audience too. Not the casuals who want to level alts constantly nor the hardcore raiders. It seems to focus more on the middle ground players. People that want to see content but more on a relaxed pace yet still with full focus and a good attitude when they DO raid. I think many old timers are enjoying it. And this is also what I see from responses in my guild and people I know. We all play since vanilla and Cata was just horrible. Yet MoP has seen all of our old members return pretty much.
    Last edited by Bolson13; 2013-01-23 at 09:42 AM.

I think the loss will be more than 1 mil.... it could easily be more even. We will drop below 9 mil subs.

The wildcard will be China. There have been hints from some posters that Blizzard is expecting large declines in China, which started in Cataclysm. It could be WoW has just lost its luster there much more than in the rest of the world, for local idiosyncratic reasons.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Well since this is the Q4 of 2012 results, I am guessing there will be a small increase in subs because of new content and holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Belletha View Post
    I'm expecting them to say this was due to the misguided effort of front-loading all of those dailies for fresh lvl90s.
    I'm expecting them to hint at the 'mystery' feature they haven't told us about to be said plan.
    I'm expecting them to give more details on other IPs (SC2, D3, perhaps even a small update on Titan).
    I'm fully expecting them to say that CRZ is a huge success (it is, if by that you mean we see people in the world sometimes), but still has a few bugs to be worked out (dismounting).
    Listen to this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Listen to this guy.
    I listened. It was a well written write-up. Short, to the point, without any backup from 3rd party sources or credible arguments.

I'm expecting subs to be down to around 9.9M. (-300k ish)

Why, not telling ya.

The only time I eat this kind of crap is from market analysts who work in the field who have reliable resume, and previous credibility they can build upon. And even then I realize they're not scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by Belletha View Post
    Conference calls are for investors and business media. If they make announcements like these - apart from the subscription numbers obviously - I'd expect them to leave the building in a straitjacket. I've been wrong before though.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Conference calls are for investors and business media. If they make announcements like these - apart from the subscription numbers obviously - I'd expect them to leave the building in a straitjacket. I've been wrong before though.
    Just give it up. Gamers don't understand this. They also believe the publisher's and developer's websites are only meant for them (as in for gamers) and for them alone.