Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    8mil ..................

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alewen View Post
    Oh I have taken that into account. People started quitting over CRZ around october and november. Same with the dailies. So I am still keeping my estimate around 8.5M-9M subs. I'd be surprised if it is lower. Either way I think this will force Blizzard to change their ideology. Or at least I hope it does.
    Thats if majority of the people who complained actually quit, we wont know until later today. People could of complained and than just continuing playing but still hate CRZ. I see nothing wrong with it, but thats a different opinion from a different person. I had Server queues everyday until the middle of November, But now only on Tuesday & Wednesday during prime time and not on 1 one realm but 3.

Did you play on a PvP server if I may ask ??
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-07 at 06:36 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the subs go up so all the naysayers can have something to shut their mouth with ;D

While MoP is a better expansion story and gameplay wise. It still has a lot of faults that have hurt it. The endless wall of dailies for example and the gating the main story behind them in 5.1, probably didn't help the subscription numbers. The overall hatred of CRZ and Blizzard's response to it, even going so far as to stomp out feedback threads on CRZ, probably is hurting them the most out of all the issues. So my guess is the subs will be around 8.5M-9M. Especially since many of the people who were giving feedback on CRZ did cancel their accounts, many of which had more than 1 account.

CRZ though needs a lot more work before it can even be considered finished. The two seater mounts must work again, and not dismount the passengers when crossing borders for it to be considered working. The screen freezes, flashing of the character when crossing the border must be stopped permanently to be considered working. People should be able to report and ignore cross realm griefers and not get "That character does not exist" errors. Until these game breaking problems with CRZ is fixed, it's not feasible to expand upon it unless the expanding fixes them problems. Till they are fixed, CRZ is a broken feature that should never of been released to begin with.

Oh I have taken that into account. People started quitting over CRZ around october and november. Same with the dailies. So I am still keeping my estimate around 8.5M-9M subs. I'd be surprised if it is lower. Either way I think this will force Blizzard to change their ideology. Or at least I hope it does.
    Again in game comments never had a huge influence on active subs. Marco economics in the gaming world AND free to play (NO subs) becoming the standard in MMORPG play are...

If anyone seriously thinks that by picking a flower a tad more difficult will cut 1 millions subs is simply well "naieve". If that player was influenced by CRZ it was because he already left WOW in his mind a long time ago and simply sought a scape goat.

Besides Blizzard didn't bow even one inch for those "complainers" as they know CRZ is the beginning of realm- less MMORPG's.

This entire topic is an exercise in futility. Haters gonna hate, fanboys gonna fanboy, and I'm gonna keep on playing regardless of the outcome. The side that guessed incorrectly will claim its a lie or a stretch of the facts and the side that is correct will use it as their evidence to why their side of the conversation finally shut the other side up when ultimately it will be the same group of people blowing the same hot steam next quarter. I wanted to use other more colorful terms than 'people' but I have some amount of control.

Is it messed up I put on CNN and it said 'Blizzard Watch' and first thing I thought of is the conference call?

10+ Year Old Account
    While MoP is a better expansion story and gameplay wise. It still has a lot of faults that have hurt it. The endless wall of dailies for example and the gating the main story behind them in 5.1, probably didn't help the subscription numbers. The overall hatred of CRZ and Blizzard's response to it, even going so far as to stomp out feedback threads on CRZ, probably is hurting them the most out of all the issues. So my guess is the subs will be around 8.5M-9M. Especially since many of the people who were giving feedback on CRZ did cancel their accounts, many of which had more than 1 account.
    I'm not a fan of the current direction of the game, AND I think Blizzard has made some missteps with MoP, but I would be shocked if numbers drop anywhere near that far. WoW has a lot of inertia in the playerbase, and remember, these are only Q4 numbers. People who decided to quit in December but whose accounts were still active into January will still show as subscribers. (Unless I'm misunderstanding how Blizzard counts subscriptions). If their internal tracking had shown a massive drop, I would have expected some sort of Xmas promotion gimmick to boost numbers. I'm predicting that subs will pretty much stay the same, within ~250k of last quarter, up or down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm gonna keep on playing regardless of the outcome. The side that guessed incorrectly will claim its a lie or a stretch of the facts and the side that is correct will use it as their evidence to why their side of the conversation finally shut the other side up when ultimately it will be the same group of people blowing the same hot steam next quarter. I wanted to use other more colorful terms than 'people' but I have some amount of control.
    Pretty much the aftermath of every quarterly release.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Thats if majority of the people who complained actually quit, we wont know until later today. People could of complained and than just continuing playing but still hate CRZ. I see nothing wrong with it, but thats a different opinion from a different person. I had Server queues everyday until the middle of November, But now only on Tuesday & Wednesday during prime time and not on 1 one realm but 3.

Did you play on a PvP server if I may ask ??
    Nope, I play on Wyrmrest Accord, Normal RP server. My only complaints is the bugs. And every time I cross a zone border I get a flash on my chars and that gives me a small headache every time. And since very few of us in my guild have the flying passenger mounts, mine is called upon to be used for our RP meetings quite often and it gets pretty bad trying to cross borders with a passenger. If they got them fixed, I'd be able to live with CRZ no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    I'm not a fan of the current direction of the game, AND I think Blizzard has made some missteps with MoP, but I would be shocked if numbers drop anywhere near that far.
    There's a lot of players I know personally who just keep their sub active to talk to their guild mates and run a dungeon like once or twice on the weekends. It doesn't help the game in the sense that it means servers feel emptier, but from a business standpoint, a sub is a sub.

I still find it incredible how some people can claim that the game has dropped 2 million subscriptions in 3 months when Cataclysm's net loss of 2 million happened over the course of almost 2 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Is it messed up I put on CNN and it said 'Blizzard Watch' and first thing I thought of is the conference call?
    I got a story about a snow storm headed towards my area in Southern Ontario

When's this happening today exactly? Interested to see the news from all their games. Don't are about CoD :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    This entire topic is an exercise in futility. Haters gonna hate, fanboys gonna fanboy, and I'm gonna keep on playing regardless of the outcome. The side that guessed incorrectly will claim its a lie or a stretch of the facts and the side that is correct will use it as their evidence to why their side of the conversation finally shut the other side up when ultimately it will be the same group of people blowing the same hot steam next quarter. I wanted to use other more colorful terms than 'people' but I have some amount of control.
    This pretty much sums up what I think of the whole situation. Regardless of the numbers those who want to play will, and those who don't won't. The majority of warcraft players will continue unaware that there even is quarter numbers released etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I still find it incredible how some people can claim that the game has dropped 2 million subscriptions in 3 months when Cataclysm's net loss of 2 million happened over the course of almost 2 years.
    That is a very true statement sir.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    When's this happening today exactly? Interested to see the news from all their games. Don't are about CoD :P
    2 hours and 45 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, I play on Wyrmrest Accord, Normal RP server. My only complaints is the bugs. And every time I cross a zone border I get a flash on my chars and that gives me a small headache every time. And since very few of us in my guild have the flying passenger mounts, mine is called upon to be used for our RP meetings quite often and it gets pretty bad trying to cross borders with a passenger. If they got them fixed, I'd be able to live with CRZ no problem.
    Well i would hope they have the bugs fixed by 5.2 if they havn't already.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the subs will go up by a large amount. I'll probably have my jaw drop and then dance in the bathroom.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    If the subs will go up by a large amount. I'll probably have my jaw drop and then dance in the bathroom.
    Make sure the floor isn't wet Safety first.

I'd love to see the subs go up, but it doesn't seem like it. I feel like there's constantly less and less people on my server and more and more people quitting.