Page 36 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Well a majority of the community spoke up during Cata and especially Mists, and they're fixing the Daily system, along with Class balances, and especially PVP balances.

Hell, half my guild is saying 5.2 looks like of the best patches to ever surface for the game, and a lot of them have been around since Vanilla.
    I've played since Vanilla too and 5.2 really just looks to be fucking amazing. Zul'aman had an epic story and trailer to it, sure. Black Temple had an epic story, trailer and final boss, sure. Heck, Ulduar got me pumped up BIG TIME. But I'm already more hyped for Throne of Thunder than for any of those raids, and the trailer isn't even out, that says a lot coming from me. Maybe it's the fact that we're finally getting a big raid again, I don't know, I'm just pumped for Throne of Thunder and the content surrounding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    It looks good, but IMO, they have failed to really address the fundamental problems in PVP. They've just put a bandaid on it again and will probably save any big changes until the next expansion.

And we've heard it all before. Guild raids need more incentives, dead servers need to be merged and/or transfers need to be made free.
    A bandaid is better than nothing at all.

A game like WoW is extremely hard to balance.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 09:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    I've played since Vanilla too and 5.2 really just looks to be fucking amazing. Zul'aman had an epic story and trailer to it, sure. Black Temple had an epic story, trailer and final boss, sure. Heck, Ulduar got me pumped up BIG TIME. But I'm already more hyped for Throne of Thunder than for any of those raids, and the trailer isn't even out, that says a lot coming from me. Maybe it's the fact that we're finally getting a big raid again, I don't know, I'm just pumped for Throne of Thunder and the content surrounding it.
    The depth of the story is what has me hooked for 5.2.

I dunno what the hell changed since Cataclysm, but their writing is superb currently.

I see 9.6 on the new forum, that the real number?
    not bad if true, given that most people including me expected 8 million

thing is yes mop is good, and many of my online friends came back, hell as i was saying i loved mop, and it would still have my interest if not for cataclysm
    I know alot of the people i know online agree with me, as, atleast when i halted playing a few weeks ago, most of my friends had not logged on in 2-3 weeks, but i guess that could also be in part to the fact that the gamers i played with, whether they be IRL or ingame were all around the same age as me, and many have now got jobs, uni or gap years. But i also know that they too felt that the dissapointment of cataclysm, had made them lose respect for blizzard, as have i, regardless i may come back to try 5.2 you never know, WoW does have a certain trend of everytime i think im out of the deep, throwing me back into the whirlpool.

What aspect compels you to get gear?

I've never felt that, even when I started playing the game.
    I don't know you should ask the developers when they say

Overall, player behavior is so massively influenced by rewards that it's hard to extricate rewarding from fun.

As of December 31, 2012, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1
    subscription-based MMORPG, with more than 9.6 million subscribers.
    "Good morning!" said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out farther than the brim of his shady hat.

Author of: Mount 2.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)
    Author of: World Enhancement Patch 1.0 (MMO-Champion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    I don't know you should ask the developers when they say
    Huh. Well, me and quite a few people I know don't feel that way.

I mean, I'll be honest: at the beginning of Mists I was doing Dailies every day and nearly felt burnt out.

I stopped and now I absolutely love the expansion.

Take things in steps and phases.

No aspect of this game forces you to do ANYTHING.

The Patient
    I think that there is going to be a small decline is subscriber numbers. Although secretly in my heart I want to believe that WoW has gained subs since the last call.

EDIT: It was a decline after all, 9.6 million now.
    Last edited by sykke; 2013-02-07 at 09:18 PM.

I hope theres no Sha of Anonymous Internet Douchery or else we are totally screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    As of December 31, 2012, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1
    Where'd you get that?

The number of subscriptions have nothing to do with in game mechanics.

In the new world of MMORPG's where free to play is the standard, it is already a miracle WOW has all these subs, because the rest stands at 0.000.000 subs.

"As of December 31, 2012, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1 subscription-based MMORPG, with more than 9.6 million subscribers."

Source being the Q4 2012 Earnings Release 675.1 KB PDF from http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    Not bad really. It'll be like that for a long time. Gain a bit, lose a bit...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/activi...210500510.html

Looks like 9.6 mil is the official number. What was the official figure for last quarter again?

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/activi...210500510.html

Looks like 9.6 mil is the official number. What was the official figure for last quarter again?
    "Over 10 million" was the most recent one. Nothing more accurate than that.
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If your guild demands you slip into an elephants butt and force yourself out in a regurgation then you can't blame Blizzard for supplying the elephant.

Huh. Well, me and quite a few people I know don't feel that way.

I mean, I'll be honest: at the beginning of Mists I was doing Dailies every day and nearly felt burnt out.

I stopped and now I absolutely love the expansion.

Take things in steps and phases.

No aspect of this game forces you to do ANYTHING.
    Really? It doesn'T? OKay well bring back the hard dungeons then. Anyone complains you aren't fucking forced to do them. Hell I wasn't forced to do them for raid either. I went into normal raiding with greens and blues from quests. Why is this defense so fucking common now? First of all it's extremely poor. Just because it's totally optional, doesn't mean it's not shitty and also HEAVILY INCENTIVIZED to compel you to do them. Second of all lot's of stuff is optional. Don't like PVP, well guess what it's optional. Pet battles, lfr, raiding, you NAME IT. Even your sub is. If you make content that people don't like, and then tell them they don't have to do it eventually they look around and ask what do I have left to do in this game? and furthermore as a developer why in the name of god would you want to make content, spend time and money and resources and then turn around and say don't do it guys. Obviously they want people to do fucking dailies, it's why the gear is there in the first place and it's why people feel compelled. Forum people just got hung up on the word forced.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The number of subscriptions have nothing to do with in game mechanics.

In the new world of MMORPG's where free to play is the standard, it is already a miracle WOW has all these subs, because the rest stands at 0.000.000 subs.
    Subs have dived because the quality of the game has dived. Free to play games have become successful because graphics have reached a point where they don't matter. But when the next generation arrives, graphics will make F2P games far less attractive.
    "These people, Adam, they're like ghosts. Always in the shadows. Always hiding behind lies and proxy soldiers. I need you to find them. They cannot stop us. They cannot stop the future".

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    "Over 10 million" was the most recent one. Nothing more accurate than that.
    So about a 400k~ (give or take) loss.

That's..not much.

Numbers are already in, they lost 400k last quarter.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Really? It doesn'T? OKay well bring back the hard dungeons then. Anyone complains you aren't fucking forced to do them. Hell I wasn't forced to do them for raid either. I went into normal raiding with greens and blues from quests. Why is this defense so fucking common now? First of all it's extremely poor. Just because it's totally optional, doesn't mean it's not shitty and also HEAVILY INCENTIVIZED to compel you to do them. Second of all lot's of stuff is optional. Don't like PVP, well guess what it's optional. Pet battles, lfr, raiding, you NAME IT. Even your sub is. If you make content that people don't like, and then tell them they don't have to do it eventually they look around and ask what do I have left to do in this game? and furthermore as a developer why in the name of god would you want to make content, spend time and money and resources and then turn around and say don't do it guys. Obviously they want people to do fucking dailies, it's why the gear is there in the first place and it's why people feel compelled. Forum people just got hung up on the word forced.
    I guess I can't really change your mind, nor can anyone else.

Ah well. Good luck to ya.