Page 39 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Huh, subs are down. Surely this means that all the folks who left did so because they agree with MY complaints about the game.

No, seriously.. these sub threads, and player expectations that get generated from them, are a great example of why this company and others like it shouldn't be publicly traded.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

400k in one quarter is a rather big loss, saying "it's nothing" puts you in the same boat as the people who were saying "2 million lost with ease" imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The gap between Firelands and DS was, what, 5 or 6 months?

People were still finishing up the first Tier, and moving into Firelands which was INSANELY difficult for most, along with the fact it stagnated progression.

When DS came along a lot of people were still wrapping of Firelands or enjoying Molten Front.

4.3 was looked at as an amazing patch for a few reasons:

1. Transmog.

2. New Raid that was made to sound epic.

3. 3 New Dungeons.

That enticed a lot of people.

But after DS and Cata, a lot of people felt betrayed and were just burnt out of the game.

It's to be expected that those people, while some of them tried out Mists and didn't like it, would leave again, or more would.

The game is 8+ years old.

Even I was expecting a loss at this point.

Cata launch has 600k loss, and MoP has over 400k (we dont know the exact number). So far, its pretty close to Cataclysm, which was a complete failure, whether you like it or not. And MoP had a lot of exiting things too, the problem is that 4.3 stuff did entertained lost opf people, and MoP didnt entertained enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    DS launch had 0 sub loss and was considered a failure, MoP launch quarter has over 400k, and its fine?
    Spamming the forum with your dummy-accounts does not make something a failure.
    The "bad" thing about 4.3 was that we had to wait so long before we got new content, the patch itself was fine.

Cata launch has 600k loss, and MoP has over 400k (we dont know the exact number). So far, its pretty close to Cataclysm, which was a complete failure.
    Again: Repeating something a million times doesn't make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Gentlemen, fasten your seat belts. It's about to get really scary in 5.3 and 5.4. A few changes I'm certain we'll see going forward into even 6.0.

1. Expansion of the LF system. This seems to be the future for getting people to see the content. Expect an LFBG update and extending LFR to at least normal mode.

2. Four tiers in MoP. If this is the fallout from just a few months without a new tier, imagine the damage a year would do. If Blizz wasn't already planning it, they're in the war room today planning out the tier between ToT and SoO.

3. More free gear. They tried VP, it didn't work. They tried dailies, it didn't work. Expect them to try something else entirely when it comes to gearing up your character. It may even be so easy as just farming heroic 5-mans. Or even doing solo questlines.

4. Expansion V will be big. MoP is at best stagnant, at worse it's failing. Blizz really will have one final saving throw later this year when they reveal Expansion V. If it fails to support the subscriber base, expect Blizz to start giving up on keeping WoW from losing players.

5. A lot more player interaction. SoE recently introduced a voting system for features in Planetside 2. Expect to see similar coming to WoW in the future.

I'm afraid WoW is officially entering it's decline. And nothing Blizzard can do will save the game. The community is too big, too greedy, and too against itself to possibly survive.
    Agreed, to be honest.

DS launch had 0 sub loss and was considered a failure, MoP launch quarter has over 400k, and its fine?
    You're comparing a patch to an expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    You're in denial if you don't think over 400k in just a few months with content is hemorrhaging subs and a troubling ordeal. But hey, this is #1 fanboy central. Can't ask you to actually be reasonable.
    It's a fansite for World of Warcraft. What do you expect, that we should all hate and bash the game all day long? I don't consider this to be much of a loss and I don't see that it would have virtually any impact on my play experience. I haven't noticed a change in queue times, I haven't had problems finding groups for PvP, I haven't had issues leveling, and the sub loss isn't even close to a hemorrhage by any means. If they lost 1m, maybe.

The game is 8+ years old.

Oh come the fuck on are you really gonna rely on this? YOu think the developers feel like that? I sure as hell hope they fucking don't. Does nobody in that company have a fucking idea? Nobody have anything new or remotely interesting to add to the game? Is it just doomed to die out and never get an rejuvenation?
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-07 at 09:33 PM.

Gentlemen, fasten your seat belts. It's about to get really scary in 5.3 and 5.4. A few changes I'm certain we'll see going forward into even 6.0.

1. Expansion of the LF system. This seems to be the future for getting people to see the content. Expect an LFBG update and extending LFR to at least normal mode.

2. Four tiers in MoP. If this is the fallout from just a few months without a new tier, imagine the damage a year would do. If Blizz wasn't already planning it, they're in the war room today planning out the tier between ToT and SoO.

3. More free gear. They tried VP, it didn't work. They tried dailies, it didn't work. Expect them to try something else entirely when it comes to gearing up your character. It may even be so easy as just farming heroic 5-mans. Or even doing solo questlines.

4. Expansion V will be big. MoP is at best stagnant, at worse it's failing. Blizz really will have one final saving throw later this year when they reveal Expansion V. If it fails to support the subscriber base, expect Blizz to start giving up on keeping WoW from losing players.

5. A lot more player interaction. SoE recently introduced a voting system for features in Planetside 2. Expect to see similar coming to WoW in the future.

I'm afraid WoW is officially entering it's decline. And nothing Blizzard can do will save the game. The community is too big, too greedy, and too against itself to possibly survive.
    Its 8 years old its impossible for it not to be by now. But its a very slow decline that could jumps back up aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawcult View Post
    Looks like adding boring ass dailies helped a lot. Lollol.
    9.6 million people still playing and running those dailies. They must be doing something right.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

They are not changing dailies, they are nto giving us more dungeons, they are not giving us a real way to earn rep outside of dailies (750 for a single faction a day is crap and you know it), they are not touching CRZ, and i dont know what you mean with valor points easier to get, but they arent even changing old valor gear to justice.

They keep making mistake over mistake.
    What would you change? Let's get some productive ideas here.

Would you make raid-level gear drop in 5-mans? Would you introduce a new tier every 3 months instead of 6?
    Unsubscribed 3/10/2014 - 8/14/2014.
    "Times change."

Beware the claims of yearly expansions. It's not more hype more often, it's paying more for less. Fewer tiers, no more new levels, no more new races/classes, but an ever-increasing price tag....

Cata launch has 600k loss, and MoP has over 400k (we dont know the exact number). So far, its pretty close to Cataclysm, which was a complete failure.
    And after Cata, which obliterated Subscriber numbers, Mists not being a MASSIVE success is to be expected.

The fact that the game is still holding this many subscribers, and it wasn't a complete free fall in subscribers, to me means it's a success.

You can call me a fanboy or a blind fan of the game, but it doesn't really matter.

From a logical standpoint, it makes perfect sense.

How did VP not work? Furthermore farming heroic 5 mans IS BASICALLY WHAT WE DID IN CATA.... and the only thing EASIER in my opinion is daily quests...

This is HILARIOUS. Like if this were a couple of months ago and you posted this you'd have so many people saying NO NO NO NO NO DAILIES ARE THE BEST HERP but now the grim realization has set in. The writing is on the fucking wall, I told you people months ago.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-07 at 09:35 PM.

They are in 5.2 if you've read the Patch notes.

400k is barely anything.

It's not the mass exodus that was Cataclysm.
    The mass exodus in Cata happened over the course of two years. 400k in a single quarter could lead to the same overall loss, or it could not. It's not quite as bad as the biggest drops during Cata, but it's nothing to scoff at.

Probably just indicative of the age of the game more than anything else.

Anyways things are going as expected - haters hate with sub numbers and fanboys defend fervently

Cata had a 600k lost in the quarter it was launched while mop had a 400k PLUS in the quarter it was launched. Cata had ZERO in its quarter while mop had one content patch and another announced for the ptr

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Oh come the fuck on are you really gonna rely on this? YOu think the developers feel like that? I sure as hell hope they fucking don't.
    Read the rest of my posts and yes, it makes perfect sense.

Not an excuse.

It's a reason.

Your hate for Dailies blinds you, Leonard.

It's a multitude of reasons at this point why WoW is still losing some subscribers, but that reason is the main one.

I know people who had played the game since they were 14 to 22.

That's.

A lot.

Of Time.

And after that much time spent, anyone would want to quit.

If I was still playing this game 8 years later, to be honest I think I would've quit by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post

/10chars
    Dead on. The primary cause of loss is down to realms dwindling away as people quit, there are far too many which are so dead it's barely a MMO. Despite LFG/LFR/CRZ a dead realm means no pugs, no auction house and no drive to keep playing if you don't wanna transfer 8 chars to an active populated realm.

Also want to chime in that a 400k loss over a Christmas period on a new expansion is pretty damn bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Narshe View Post
    9.6 million people still playing and running those dailies. They must be doing something right.
    So can I say that Dragon Soul was success because it kept 9.x millionish people playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Spamming the forum with your dummy-accounts does not make something a failure.
    The "bad" thing about 4.3 was that we had to wait so long before we got new content, the patch itself was fine.

Again: Repeating something a million times doesn't make it true.
    I dont have dummy accounts, and i dont consider 4.3 a failure. It was considered by the community though.

Also, i am repeating things because people dont seem to get it.

Roughly the same amount of sub loss than the start of Cata, yet some people think its not bad.