Page 41 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Yeah, who knows what next quiarter will bring. All we know is that the start of MoP had roughly the same loss than the start of Cata, which is NOT a good thing.
    My bad if I came off as rude or something to you, Crash. Thanks for at least being civil about this considering we kind of have differing opinions.

I'll wait and see before I pass my judgment on whether Mists is a financial success or not.

I highly doubt it'll be abysmal like Cata in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

Yeah, who knows what next quiarter will bring. All we know is that the start of MoP had roughly the same loss than the start of Cata, which is NOT a good thing.
    Compared to what?
    To any other MMORPG on the market? Yes, it blows them out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So we also have their revenue numbers?
    Its irrelevant, even if their revenue growths. With 500k more subs, it would be higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Agreed, to be honest.
    One thing I didn't put in there because I"m not sure they'd take that step, but I am pretty sure is inevitable is changing raid sizes.

Let's face it, 25-mans are on the decline along with the general raiding population. This is documented. Less than 30% of players raid, and even fewer yet Arena. If Thunderforged fails, expect Blizz to can 25-mans in Expansion V. Either they will go to just 10-man, or they'll add 5-man as a raid size and merge what we call dungeons and scenarios together as 3-man leveling content.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

I dont have dummy accounts, and i dont consider 4.3 a failure. It was considered by the community though.
    Which community? The community that thinks Cata lost subs because it was too casual? Or the community who thought Blizz went overboard with difficulty tuning and drove casuals away?

I can't speak for "the community", but looking on a chart it appears that 4.3 stopped the bleeding that had been happening in WoW before that patch. So in that sense, it was a success.
    Last edited by SamR; 2013-02-07 at 09:45 PM.

Actually, their mistakes makes them earn less money. They still make money, of course, just less that if they dont make this mistakes.
    Economics isn't your strong point, is it?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion
    Plox. I got your plox right fucking here. - Animalhouse
    I still prefer seeing Thrall rather than blood in my urine, that doesnt make him a good character. - Verdugo

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    "My opinion reasoning is different than yours so it's an excuse."

If that's the approach we're going to take with a civil debate, then I'm done with it.
    It's has absolutely nothing to do with opinions or reasoning. If the developers actually had even an ounce of innovation then it wouldn't matter how old the game was BECAUSE IT WOULD BE FRESH AND DIFFERENT EACH EXPANSION. All the time. They counter this argument by saying well if we change to much then people are just as upset but that's a cop out I feel. It's basically were afraid to try anything new we don't want to rock the boat. What they did in mists was a regression. Your ABSOLUTELY right that WoW is an old game, and in mists it feels older than ever but that doesn't mean it HAS to be that way.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-02-07 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    400k in one quarter is a rather big loss, saying "it's nothing" puts you in the same boat as the people who were saying "2 million lost with ease" imo.
    Since when 400k= 2 million?
    Oh well, I guess that the predictions came true...wow managed to get down to a mere 9.6 million players. It;s just a matter of time till the next big mmo will surpass it....

Its irrelevant, even if their revenue growths. With 500k more subs, it would be higher.

Yep the total year's revenue was more than 1.6 billion dollars for 2012: a NEW record also, the quarter earnings for on line games were higher, so it seems the western part made up for the too Chinese expansion in China...

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    How did VP not work? Furthermore farming heroic 5 mans IS BASICALLY WHAT WE DID IN CATA.... and the only thing EASIER in my opinion is daily quests...

This is HILARIOUS. Like if this were a couple of months ago and you posted this you'd have so many people saying NO NO NO NO NO DAILIES ARE THE BEST HERP but now the grim realization has set in. The writing is on the fucking wall, I told you people months ago.
    A lot of people felt like they just ran their 7 dungeons on Tuesday, then logged off until their Saturday raid.
    You don't create "justice" by destroying. That includes buildings, cars, or the careers of the people you want "justice" for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Compared to what?
    To any other MMORPG on the market? Yes, it blows them out of the water.
    Compared to WoW. I dont care about other MMOs, of the oens i know they are worse than WoW. I care about WoW, and considering Cata started exactly like this and ended up with huge losses, this start is not a good sign for this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Yep the total year's revenue was more than 1.6 billion dollars for 2012: a NEW record.
    Victory !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    Since when 400k= 2 million?
    Oh well, I guess that the predictions came true...wow managed to get down to a mere 9.6 million players. It;s just a matter of time till the next big mmo will surpass it....
    You missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Economics isn't your strong point, is it?
    You dont think that with the same subs they have, plus 500k they wouldnt be making more money?

I think economics is not your strong point, my friend.

SC2 HOS in March might also put a dent in sub numbers for Q1

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Yep the total year's revenue was more than 1.6 billion dollars for 2012: a NEW record also, the quarter earnings for on line games were higher, so it seems the western part made up for the too Chinese expansion in China...
    With 500k more subs, it would be higher. That's undisputable.

9.6 mil. Not as bad as I thought. My guess was 8 mil.

Still think a 500k loss is bad for the major holiday quarter + a new expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I like turtles. I would like turtle-based tier sets. I would like a turtle shell helmet, and perhaps a cheeseburger backpack and a chestpiece that simply places a red gemstone on my bellybutton.

Compared to WoW. I dont care about other MMOs, of the oens i know they are worse than WoW. I care about WoW, and considering Cata started exactly like this and ended up with huge losses, this start is not a good sign for this expansion.
    Cata had huge losses because they ignored their biggest clientele: Casuals.
    Then they catered to them and had zero losses.
    Then they had no content for 9 months and had a big loss.

You always have to compare this to other relevant things.
    WoW numbers from two years ago aren't relevant!

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    A lot of people felt like they just ran their 7 dungeons on Tuesday, then logged off until their Saturday raid.
    And for some that was the PERFECT style of game play. Actually it's feels even more restrictive now because well it's one a day as opposed to any 7 when I like. Apparently for ALOT of people that 7 whenever was to much of a wall to overcome. Go figure. In any event that isn't a problem with valor, that's a problem with the accumulation of valor. I'm all for them giving dailies valor and giving it to all aspects of the game. I'm not for them putting gear behind the rep. Or the SLOW rate of acquisition.

I posted this in the news thread but it was ignored

Subtract the botters, gold farmers, and multiboxing accounts from that 9.6 million... then you get the REAL number.

Words to live by.