Page 52 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I do not think anyone figured it would have been a 2 million lost. Still 400k plus keeps up with the trends from Cata the fanboys can white knight wow and defend it all they want but its still bleeding subs
    Oh I had the impression you listened to the conference call where Morhaime said the western population was stable and the losses were taken in China ...

You forget a lot in just a few seconds I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Lemmiwink View Post
    No no, stop hyping TESO up to be a WoW killer. People who want to play it don't want the WoW crowd in there screaming on the forums about every little thing they can't do in the game. We want a peaceful, un-nerfed and non-casual friendly experience.
    Who is this we you are referring too

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    TESO is going to suck they are shitting all over the lore
    Like 99.9% of the people that will play it give a crap about lore.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I don't think so, the only games - as of now - that really can hurt WOW are proper Blizzard games, not the MMORPG's as they went free to play.

I think Blizzard All Stars could put a dent into WOW subscriptions.
    I think it could aswell, who knows what Titan would do.

Oh I had the impression you listened to the conference call where Morhaime said the western population was stable and the losses were taken in China ...
    So westerners like Pandas more than the Chinese.

No no, stop hyping TESO up to be a WoW killer. People who want to play it don't want the WoW crowd in there screaming on the forums about every little thing they can't do in the game. We want a peaceful, un-nerfed and non-casual friendly experience.
    non-casual, mainstream MMORPG.

in 2013.

not happening, sorry.
    Are you nervy? Irritable, depressed, tired of life? Keep it up.

You forget a lot in just a few seconds I guess...

Most of the subs lost were from China he said and the west seems stable.

Guess you are forgetting the odds were stacked where we should have not seen a lost.

New content, content patch, new xpac, xpac released world wide, Free wow for d3 players, X mas, etc

but still a lost

Who is this we you are referring too
    The players that has seen every attempt of an MMO-release destroyed by really vocal haters on forums. We that used to play WoW way back in the day. You know, the old people of 25+

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    To be fair, I expect to be one of those 3 million+ in a week or so
    While still playing WoW no less! Shock horror, right? lol
    But you will tear a rift into the space time continuum and annihilate us all.. .you can't play and like 2 MMOs at once.. it's against the law of nature!

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    WoW subs aren't going to get impacted by the release of a PvP game like TESO.
    Ahhaha ahahhaha. Soo funny. You mean just like they didnt get effected by a PvP game like GW2? oh wait...

You do know the PvP players are your most stable playerbase as the things they do and content required to retain them is so minimal. PvP players will play on the same maps for months. All they care about is their rating and their gear which gets reset ever so infrequently. Which is also why you dont want PvP players changing games because if they find a new high there going to stick with it unlike PvE players who whimsically play off and on depending on how fast they are clearing content if they are raiders or how bored they are with doing dungen runs and daily quests or leveling alts. These are the players the sub and unsub the most. Its harder to retain these players over long periods of time. So yea if TESO is a pvp game its gonna impact WoW subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    I think it could aswell, who knows what Titan would do.
    Dual subs. And with both games having complete realm independant play by then: good luck discussing these things.

As a matter of fact subscriptions in cross server gameplay are meaningless for the PLAYERS as long as there is an income stream of 1.6 billion dollars per year, development is assured...
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-07 at 11:00 PM.

The players that has seen every attempt of an MMO-release destroyed by really vocal haters on forums. We that used to play WoW way back in the day. You know, the old people of 25+

I am 32. I did not know you were representing me or representing anyone other than yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    But you will tear a rift into the space time continuum and annihilate us all.. .you can't play and like 2 MMOs at once.. it's against the law of nature!
    I like my fabric of the universe the way it is: Bigoted and screaming!

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    If you're asking about what TESO is that's Elder Scrolls Online. Part of the same company that made Skyrim but not a Skyrim MMO per se.
    I was referring to the use of the word we. trying to figure out who he was representing

I was referring to the use of the word we. trying to figure out who he was representing
    My bad. Misunderstood it. Post deleted. I assume it's the generic collective 'we' that people apply when they talk about themselves but don't want to let on that that's all it is.

I suppose it could be European royalty though making the post.
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Ahhaha ahahhaha. Soo funny. You mean just like they didnt get effected by a PvP game like GW2? oh wait...

You do know the PvP players are your most stable playerbase as the things they do and content required to retain them is so minimal. PvP players will play on the same maps for months. All they care about is their rating and their gear which gets reset ever so infrequently. Which is also why you dont want PvP players changing games because if they find a new high there going to stick with it unlike PvE players who whimsically play off and on depending on how fast they are clearing content if they are raiders or how bored they are with doing dungen runs and daily quests or leveling alts. These are the players the sub and unsub the most. Its harder to retain these players over long periods of time. So yea if TESO is a pvp game its gonna impact WoW subs.
    WoW subs went up during the quarter that GW2 launched.

Re: Results

So, that happened. Apparently dailies, CRZ and the other things that people have brought up as good reasons to quit didn't have as much impact as was imagined.

Carry on. See you in 3 months!
    If you have anything to contribute to a thread topic, please do so. Discussing moderation or calling out specific people is against the rules and makes a post liable for an infraction. Please report problem posts. If anyone is unclear about the rules please read our FAQ. Thanks.

It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy...let's go exploring!

So, that happened. Apparently dailies, CRZ and the other things that people have brought up as good reasons to quit didn't have as much impact as was imagined.

We have seen numbers fluctuate for a couple of years now. I am guessing most of the reason for it is people taking breaks here and there, nothing more.

Why? Do you plan a vacation? :O

Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Wizard- (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

yeah that and the Chinese don't want Chinese food in their games apparently. it is like watching a Flemish farmer in a US movie: it doesn't really work well.