Page 15 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I predict they'll release more information about Project Titan.

Of course that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

Darn you Blizz, tell us more about Titan already.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 2013-01-24 at 01:45 PM.
    Co-GM of The Psijic Order (NA)

Tam! RUGH!

Just 2 more weeks untill we know the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    It definitely has always happened, but has it been to the same extent? I know folks that resubbed for 4.3, did LFR and the new 5 mans then immediately unsubbed. "LOL I BEAT WOW," is what one of my friends said. A lot of those folks did the same thing with MoP. Played for the first month or two, did LFR and then said "see ya later." I'm beginning to become one of those guys, I unsubbed back in November, I plan on resubbing some time during the next content patch, doing LFR, then immediately unsubbing.

Even in WotLK, it was difficult to see all of the content of a patch in a month. Other than Trial of the Crusader, that is. On my server at least, it was pretty rare for PUGs to actually do a full ICC run until 4.0 came out. It's a lot easier now to see everything the game has to offer. Hit that dungeon queue button as many times as you need to reach whatever item level you need to hit that LFR queue button. Hit that once for each "segment," and congratulations, "I BEAT WOW LOL!"
    This might just be the "new normal" when it comes to WoW. I mean the features are built to promote this playstyle. As long as it's profitable for Blizzard they'll keep doing it. Obviouslyt hey'd like everyone to stay subbed all the time but even if someone buys an expack and then subs for like 2-3 months at at ime at major content patches, that's still probably a very profitable business.

The game does feel more like like a console type game, with levels, that you can "beat" rather than an ongoing live world, and it can be argued Blizzard has intentionally made it so.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Just 2 more weeks untill we know the truth
    What truth?? Be more specific

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Well since this is the Q4 of 2012 results, I am guessing there will be a small increase in subs because of new content and holidays.
    Ya some people don't realize Q4 ended on December 31st

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Didn't they give MoP + 4 months to all Diablo players? yeah.
    Only if we bought the Collector's Edition while having the Annual Pass I believe.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Lion's Arch is in overflow from 6 am to Midnight 7 days a week on just about every server. No one hangs out in the other cities.
    So bascially, Lion Arch is the Stormwind/Orgrimmar of GW2.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You expect roughly the size of the entire playerbase of EU and US combined to have stopped playing over the course of 3 months?
    Thats a real head scratcher, Dunno if Mall is serious or outta the loop.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slackjawsix View Post
    this xpac seem to has alot more ppl enjoying than cata did to think the sub would drop drastically is crazy and can hardly be backed up
    I feel the same way.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    nope it was

Good way to Fluff numbers
    Or that is the date before Christmas and the christmas deals end.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Another reason I believe the subs are down in Q4: If they were up, they would've already announced it like they did a week after Q3 ended with Pandaria's release.
    Or MoP just released & Q3 ended on September 30th. An they annouced the subs with MoP sales like they always do after an expansion releases.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-01-24 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    So bascially, Lion Arch is the Stormwind/Orgrimmar of GW2.
    Yes, like Fleet is in SWTOR. Your point?
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    I know anecdotal evidence (in either direction) doesn't count for much, but it doesn't surprise me how much by personal experience regarding game activity contrasts with others'.

I've seen a lot of people comment about how dead and empty the game is now, but this is actually the most active I've seen it since Wrath within my social circle. While some of the people I knew who left in Cataclysm didn't come back for Mists, I don't know a single person personally who has unsubbed since the expansion launched. My guild -- which has always been a very small exclusive group due to the no-recruit/invite-only policy -- has almost doubled in activity in the last few months. In Cata, we had one ten man raid. This time around, we have two full guild raids, and another that is about 60% guildies.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know anecdotal evidence (in either direction) doesn't count for much, but it doesn't surprise me how much by personal experience regarding game activity contrasts with others'.

I've seen a lot of people comment about how dead and empty the game is now, but this is actually the most active I've seen it since Wrath within my social circle. While some of the people I knew who left in Cataclysm didn't come back for Mists, I don't know a single person personally who has unsubbed since the expansion launched. My guild -- which has always been a very small exclusive group due to the no-recruit/invite-only policy -- has almost doubled in activity in the last few months. In Cata, we had one ten man raid. This time around, we have two full guild raids, and another that is about 60% guildies.
    I have to agree 100% which is why i would say 10.5 million or almost 11million sub count for the sub total.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

Why use Cata as a ref point instead of the start of MoP? And if you want to know a person who unsubbed (2 accounts) we can learn to know each other.
    "When i am done with you, you won't trust your own mind."

WHEREVER I WANT AINT NO ONE GONNA DO NOTHIN ABOUT IT IMMA T-REX
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Why use Cata as a ref point instead of the start of MoP? And if you want to know a person who unsubbed (2 accounts) we can learn to know each other.
    I don't know what you mean by using Cata as a reference point. I'm not. I'm talking about my personal experience with subs in Mists. If you mean with regards to raiding, that's because Cataclysm was the first expansion my guild really had "guild raids" both because the guild group support was not implemented in prior expansions and also because I raid with a raiding alliance of other small guilds. It's the only thing I have to compare it to, and in that comparison, we are doing 2.5x the activity we had then.

I don't have any doubt that some people have cancelled their subscriptions, I was just musing on the huge contrast that my personal experience has been to the personal experience of others.
    AbathurSnuggles: Blizzard Alpha Videos

For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaDarsithisRaduxArleeSimcaElysiaZaelsino

One more day.

I believe it will be a small decline in subs. Nothing substantial.

Time to post what we think the results will be tomorrow, and see who's right.

I say a 500k loss

I cannot believe people are still dense enough in this thread to think Blizzard would LIE About their statistics.

It's Illegal to lie about your quarterly numbers, Yes, ILLEGAL.

Illegal, Punishable by LAW, People can go to JAIL

What does it matter? Tomorrow will come, Blizz will say they lost maybe 100k at best and we get an incoming slew of "WOW IS DYING LOLOLOLOLOL" and

"WOW IS DEAD GO PLAY GW2 LOLOLOLOL" Threads.
    Last edited by Elysara; 2013-02-06 at 07:23 PM.

I would be pretty sad if there was NOT a drop in subs. I've seriously felt like Blizzard has been actively trying to keep people from actually playing the game. =O

i bet something about there blackstone project

I predict sub numbers to be at pre MoP level, just north from 9 mil.

This should be interesting.

250k gain is my prediction.

---------- Post added 2013-02-06 at 03:22 PM ----------

No....make that a 400k gain.

Small loss of maybe 2 or 3% of subscriptions; next quarter will be more interesting to see if the game's current direction is widely accepted - or not.

Whatever is said will be picked apart until all context is lost, elaborate conspiracy theorys have formed, and a short memorial service for "the death of wow" will be performed.