Page 17 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Conservative estimate: Down to 9.7 Million
    Looking to refund your Warlords of Draenor purchase? Contact Support chat directly - here.

"We don't really have any idea what most players want." - GC

Lost about 750k subs

I just hope they announce Ghostcrawler's resignation.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    this lol ^^
    Mymm <Encore> - Retired
    Mal'Ganis

Not to shoot down the optimists, but it will definitely WON'T be a gain, that's for sure. Every time they have had a gain, they usually announce it 1-2 weeks AFTER the quarter ends, way before the conference call.

As I said in a prior thread - I'm guestimating 200-500k lost... this is, of course, not taking into consideration the seemingly massive hate-impact that CRZ has generated... so that number could be much higher.

EDIT: This is also excluding the fact that MoP released end of September. This is the first time an expansion was far out of the xmas window... and many players might've dumped their WoW game, even temporarily, for a new X-mas release.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    I am kind of hoping they do not release any sub numbers to spite all the haters. I could be wrong all they need to do is post actual financial information and what their direction to continue being profitable. I am sure they can leave out Sub numbers. Wouldn't it be funny if tomorrow came and went and we still have no idea what the sub count is. :P
    You think that will stop the so-called "haters"? Hell, it would probably create more as people would be asking "So... WHY are they hiding their sub numbers then? They got to be REALLY bad if they don't want to announce them!" :P
    Last edited by mvallas; 2013-02-07 at 04:24 AM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Not to shoot down the optimists, but it will definitely WON'T be a gain, that's for sure. Every time they have had a gain, they usually announce it 1-2 weeks AFTER the quarter ends, way before the conference call.

As I said in a prior thread - I'm guestimating 200-500k lost... this is, of course, not taking into consideration the seemingly massive hate-impact that CRZ has generated... so that number could be much higher.
    So your opinion on the sub numbers is partly based on a "pattern" you created and twisted?
    Also, there was a huge impact of heroics in Wrath being beyond easy yet it was the time with most subs. Negative feed-back doesn't equal sub count.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So your opinion on the sub numbers is partly based on a "pattern" you created and twisted?
    Also, there was a huge impact of heroics in Wrath being beyond easy yet it was the time with most subs. Negative feed-back doesn't equal sub count.
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend you by you thinking (read: "twisting") that I'm dashing your hopes against the surf. :P

Nope... I used something called "logic and reason" in conjunction with "Marketing experience" (which honestly has it's own weird insane "logic and reason" to it worthy of a Terry Pratchett novel...)

Only one here who's twisting is you twisting what I wrote - do note I said it won't be a gain... This also means the subs could very well stand still at 10.6 or whatever it was back in September, as historically they don't announce null-gains/losses either.

Don't need to "Create and twist" my own post to make me out into... what do you call them? "Haters?" :P

EDIT: BTW - I'm one of those STRONG advocates who loved and cheered on that MoP went towards Wrath-heroics. That's actually half the reason I'm only predicting a 200-500k drop as they brought back a TON of the right Wrath stuff back.

...of course they implemented a few "derps" too (I'm looking at you CRZ...) but you get my point. :P
    Last edited by mvallas; 2013-02-07 at 04:37 AM.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to offend you by you thinking (read: "twisting") that I'm dashing your hopes against the surf. :P
    You're offending me by thinking you could actually offend me.

LOL thousands aren't quiting because of crz only a retard would quit over something minor like crz.That or there Pc blows. Subs will be in the 10Million plus area up to 10.5 million.Around that area.
    Last edited by mikencarly; 2013-02-07 at 04:52 AM.

What is with people being so obsessed about sub numbers? Jesus. These conference calls are information for shareholders, not some weird e-peen contest among players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

LOL MoP lost millions of subscribers because of this shit expansion. I stopped playing that fucking mess months ago.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:57 AM ----------

CRZ has made the game lose billions of subs GG Bliz LOLOL

The last conference call was before XMas and China launched. Remember, you can count subscribers a number of different (non-illegal) ways, and one of them is to count unique accounts subscribed at one point in the quarter. So if I had a friend who picked it up in December to check it out for Christmas, his sub counts for the quarter, even if he "quit" 1 week later but paid the month subscription.

They can also do "active subscriptions," which is a more honest assessment in terms of who's playing right now, but there is an actual investment question as to how helpful such a number is for investors. Subscription based MMOs fluctuate subs between content patches, and investors can usually count on an upswing of subs around new content, even if it is only for a month. TBH the guy who pays for 2 months, and quits after 5 weeks, is more valuable a customer than the guy who pays for 2 months and is on 10 hours a day, resource wise, if you can ensure the guy who quit will be back in month 4 for new content.

Also, I think it's foolish that people might think subs have gone down due to people finishing the current tier. This is one of the slowest moving tiers ever, even though the world firsts went relatively quickly. Lots of people, including heroic progression guilds, aren't going to finish the tier (by their standards) before 5.2 and a new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordeisthebestlolololol View Post
    LOL MoP lost millions of subscribers because of this shit expansion. I stopped playing that fucking mess months ago.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:57 AM ----------

CRZ has made the game lose billions of subs GG Bliz LOLOL

My, aren't you a charming fella?

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    ahahaha that would be the best thing evarrrr!!!

9 or 10 millions players didn't mean that they are still playing or active in game.

9 millions ''in the world'' maybe but i would love to see the number for North America/Europe only.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    ahahaha that would be the best thing evarrrr!!!
    Won't happen. hes doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    Won't happen. hes doing a great job.
    No, he's not.

I personally enjoy MoP a lot, but based off the amount of complaining I've heard about it (especially daily questing), I'm going to assume that they've dropped below 10 million. Let's hope I'm wrong.

If subs don't go down dramatically crz will be in place forever. That's why I hope the subs do go down a lot. I did my part i stopped paying for my second acct. I might unsub my main account soon if they don't buff hunters enough to compete with mages and locks.

We will know Thursday at 1:30

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-02-07 at 06:40 AM.