Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    LOL MoP lost millions of subscribers because of this shit expansion. I stopped playing that fucking mess months ago.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:57 AM ----------

CRZ has made the game lose billions of subs GG Bliz LOLOL

The last conference call was before XMas and China launched. Remember, you can count subscribers a number of different (non-illegal) ways, and one of them is to count unique accounts subscribed at one point in the quarter. So if I had a friend who picked it up in December to check it out for Christmas, his sub counts for the quarter, even if he "quit" 1 week later but paid the month subscription.

They can also do "active subscriptions," which is a more honest assessment in terms of who's playing right now, but there is an actual investment question as to how helpful such a number is for investors. Subscription based MMOs fluctuate subs between content patches, and investors can usually count on an upswing of subs around new content, even if it is only for a month. TBH the guy who pays for 2 months, and quits after 5 weeks, is more valuable a customer than the guy who pays for 2 months and is on 10 hours a day, resource wise, if you can ensure the guy who quit will be back in month 4 for new content.

Also, I think it's foolish that people might think subs have gone down due to people finishing the current tier. This is one of the slowest moving tiers ever, even though the world firsts went relatively quickly. Lots of people, including heroic progression guilds, aren't going to finish the tier (by their standards) before 5.2 and a new raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordeisthebestlolololol View Post
    LOL MoP lost millions of subscribers because of this shit expansion. I stopped playing that fucking mess months ago.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 04:57 AM ----------

CRZ has made the game lose billions of subs GG Bliz LOLOL

My, aren't you a charming fella?

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    I just hope they announce Ghostcrawler's resignation.
    ahahaha that would be the best thing evarrrr!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    9 or 10 millions players didn't mean that they are still playing or active in game.

9 millions ''in the world'' maybe but i would love to see the number for North America/Europe only.
    \m/(-_-)\m/

I'm alone again and old pine tree
    Asked me, where's your woman?
    I said: Shut up or I make of you another Firewood

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    ahahaha that would be the best thing evarrrr!!!
    Won't happen. hes doing a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    Won't happen. hes doing a great job.
    No, he's not.

I personally enjoy MoP a lot, but based off the amount of complaining I've heard about it (especially daily questing), I'm going to assume that they've dropped below 10 million. Let's hope I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    If subs don't go down dramatically crz will be in place forever. That's why I hope the subs do go down a lot. I did my part i stopped paying for my second acct. I might unsub my main account soon if they don't buff hunters enough to compete with mages and locks.

10+ Year Old Account
    We will know Thursday at 1:30

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-02-07 at 06:40 AM.

With 9 mio subs (+/-) WoW is still at massive succes. Hell, even with 5 mio subs

Consider this - a game like LotRO has around 500k subs (F2P) and it's considered a HUGE success. Blizzard taking hits on their subs is not necessarily due to the direction the game is taking. The game is just getting VERY old and players move on.

Numbers are an indication - some people put far too much into it

Z.

10+ Year Old Account
    Numbers are a metric that can be manipulated in many different ways. the haters will say game is dying a slow death, the fan's will say it is still the most successful MMO in the world the truth will be somewhere in the middle and the stock market will truly determine the fate of the game.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

Is this the first quarter without Annual Passes?

Deleted
    Free fall on sub departement.
    It was considered that 600k was a major decline.
    Then Q2 2012 Redifined "major".
    I believe the game lost 500k to 800k subs since expension start.
    We wont know till next week i guess judging from previous times.
    I dont care currently about the rest of Blizzard's products.

I hope im wrong, but my calculations put active subs down millions. Down below 7 million. I say 7 million because my other number is almost 'lol' worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    With 9 mio subs (+/-) WoW is still at massive succes. Hell, even with 5 mio subs
    By MMORPG standards... absolutely.

By Stock market investors seeing their profits sink into a pithole - not so much (enter the curse of "growing your business for investors")

While you'd still be happy, I guarantee at 5 mil subs there would be yelling, mass meetings and firings at Blizzard if that happened, not to mention the ENTIRE game getting a massive ideology reaction-gameplay shift (just like what happened during Firelands>DS). Especially considering that those subscriptions are the ONLY source of continual revenue funding goodness knows how many of their projects that they got going on... This isn't the old Blizz anymore, where they worked on 2 games, 1 expansion each at a time.

---------- Post added 2013-02-07 at 07:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    Free fall on sub departement.
    It was considered that 600k was a major decline.
    Then Q2 2012 Redifined "major".
    I believe the game lost 500k to 800k subs since expension start.
    We wont know till next week i guess judging from previous times.
    I dont care currently about the rest of Blizzard's products.
    We're going to find out tomorrow via the investor call at around 1ish...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2013-02-07 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    Can't really see it gaining subs with its current content being primarily grind grind grind and grind in CRZs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayona View Post
    I hope im wrong, but my calculations put active subs down millions. Down below 7 million. I say 7 million because my other number is almost 'lol' worthy.
    I'll bite.

What are those calculations?

Z.

how long does the conference take and are you listening to it? or just waiting for someone to post the numbers on mmoc?

Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    I'll bite.

What are those calculations?

Z.
    I was waiting for someone to ask me that

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.aspx?a=30&r=&w=&n=

this calculates the percentage of 90s with certain mounts. Tyreals charger is owned by 31.49% of 90s-- from EU/KR/US. Combine that with the suggested number of annual passes sold, you can estimate how many people bought MOP as of today, and therefore would have an active sub. Like I said, I -could- be wrong.