Page 37 of 71 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, i said 9.5 and it was 9.6, anyway, time for Blizzard to change some things.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Well, i said 9.5 and it was 9.6, anyway, time for Blizzard to change some things.
    They are in 5.2 if you've read the Patch notes.

400k is barely anything.

It's not the mass exodus that was Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/activi...210500510.html

Looks like 9.6 mil is the official number. What was the official figure for last quarter again?
    "over 10 million" was all we were told. I'm assuming it was 10.2.

- Mists of Pandaria was the #3 best-selling PC game at retail.

Herald of the Titans UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    And now it's time for us all to leave MMO-C for a couple of weeks while the people that seem to hate WoW start thread after thread of nonsense...

Meanwhile, I'll be still enjoying the game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Threatening an atheist with hell is like threatening a Christian with Mordor.

The Patient
    Now that we know that the number has declined I foresee several people claiming that WoW is dying.

I on the other hand am enjoying the game more than ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

400k is barely anything.

It's also not an improvement. It's stagnation no matter how you want to spin it. I'm resubbing for 5.2. I decided whenever they get around to releasing it ill buy a month. It lines up with reading week which is good and I cannot express how awesome it is that rep is back in dungeons and raids where it belongs. I'm not happy with their whole YOU HAVE TO DO THE OLD CONTENT mind set but I guess I can live with it. It's baby steps I guess.

You know so far I haven't seen many people insist that the sub loss means wow is dying. I have seen however quite a number of cheerleaders who are making caricatures though.

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_release.pdf

9.6 million

A loss like I said almost back to the pre Mop numbers I think the Free wow for D3 and X mas fluffed it in my opinion.

None the less over 10 million to 9.6 million is still a rather big lost

Quote Originally Posted by PriestRela View Post
    My prediction:

Lost 2million

Reasons:

-CRZ, dallies caused quits
    - General Polarazation of player base
    - Weak Xpac sales out the gate
    - Worldwide launch (a first) no asian bounce at 1st quarter bounce
    - Yearly passes are up
    - Lack of posts on official/unofficial forums meaning players gave up complaining

Hell, im just hoping the dividends are up on the stock i own.....
    You were wrong.

400k is barely anything.

Losing 400k + subs in (essentially) the quarter you release an expansion is troubling.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

400k is barely anything.

over 10 million to 9.6 million is over 400k we really do not know how many people over 10 million they had could be 1 or could be 1 short of 11 million

About what I was expecting. About what should have been expected really. People buy games and then stop playing shortly after release, a lot of the gains for new patches / new expansions are temporary, and at this stage where it's difficult to get into WoW (WoW is freaking daunting for a person just getting into it.) the subs lost will be greater than the subs gained. It's extremely unlikely that going forward WoW will hit it's peak number again, the only place to go from here is down, and best case scenario is being stable. I have an active sub and I like MoP, but I have to be honest and realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    The number of subscriptions have nothing to do with in game mechanics.

In the new world of MMORPG's where free to play is the standard, it is already a miracle WOW has all these subs, because the rest stands at 0.000.000 subs.
    Free to play is not the standard. The standard right now is "Cash Grab." - Companies release MMOs and make money while they can, and then go Free to Play within a year and milk die hard fans through microtransactions. It's not about making a good product, it's about making the most money you possibly can.

I personally expected another "over 10 million" line again. I had a "not bad" reaction to the 9.6 million number. The next number will be interesting they release will be interesting as people finish off leveling their characters and all the new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Losing 400k + subs in (essentially) the quarter you release an expansion is troubling.
    An expansion that needs tweaks because it's controversial is not surprising in the slightest.

Tweaking those features for Q1 of 2013, if people don't feel like Blizzard pissed in their cereal bowl or killed their puppy, will cause a gain again.

more than 400k lost and it can only go down from here, very nice.

I really like this expansion, loads better than cata was. I was honestly expecting a rise in subs. Oh well, wasn't as bad as I expected if there WAS a drop. Either way it's better for us, they'll change things up for the better (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post

Agreed and the only thing that stopped the mass exodus for a short period of time was the release of mop

So about a 400k~ (give or take) loss.

That's..not much.

After a few months of a new expansion launched, therefore having new shiny content available? Just a few days after christmas? I think its a good chunk of sub loss..

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    over 10 million to 9.6 million is over 400k we really do not know how many people over 10 million they had could be 1 or could be 1 short of 11 million
    Matter of opinion then. I don't find 400k is that much in the slightest.

Wow, down over 400k in the span of a few months, WITH content and a NEW expansion? Doesn't bode well for WoW at all. If they are pumping out content and still hemorrhaging subs than they have a great deal to worry about, fanboy opinions withstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    After a few months of a new expansion launched, therefore having new shiny content available? Just a few days after christmas? I think its a good chunk of sub loss..
    As I've said in the last few posts I've made, I don't find that as big a substantial number as you'd think, but I do understand what you're saying and your PoV.