• Yes

127 71.35%
  • No

51 28.65%
Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Can Sargeras die?

Can he though? He is essentially the ultimate evil of WoW.

From Wowpedia:
    Telepathy (able to commune with his servants, such as Mannoroth and Archimonde, from the Nether)
    Illusion (created a false vision of what he offered to the eredar in exchange for their obedience)
    Invulnerability against mortal weapons, and limited immunity to immortal weapons (Broxigar's Axe of Cenarius was able to wound him, but not to any great effect, while the powers of the Demon Soul had no effect) as well as complete immunity to fire and fel magics.
    Various magical abilities (lashed out with energy at Illidan via the portal being opened to summon him).
    Able to look into the mortal realm through the eyes of a chosen servant (his "gift" to Illidan).
    Ability to enter mortal bodies (remained within Aegwynn's womb for nearly a millennium) and take control of them (Medivh).
    Body Flames (Sargeras’ flesh burns with demonic energy, scorching everything in his path. Sargeras’s body flames slowly increase the ambient temperature by up to 50 degrees in every direction for 1,000 miles. The effect on natural climates can be devastating.)[11][16]
    His molten armor can nearly burn your eyes.[16]
    The strength of 100 dragons is merely a fraction of Sargeras' strength;[17] his strength nearly matches the power of a portal closing.
    In comparison to Sargeras, Mannoroth and Archimonde were as fleas.[17] This could be a reference to either power or height.
    He wields the horrific broken sword, Gorribal.
    How exactly could he ever be a boss and how could we even defeat him? He seems to be on a totally different level than other expansion bosses in the past. I don't see how unless our characters rose to the level of demi-gods or something of the like to do it. Also if we don't kill him, how else do you think he could "defeat him?" Some kind of imprisonment? I'd like to hear your thoughts/speculation.
    Last edited by Boricha; 2013-01-19 at 01:36 AM.

If we ever get to fight him, which might be next exp.. We'll very likely have help from beings like the titans to help us kill him. As for the "killing him" bit, we wont ever truly "kill" him. Like any demon in the warcraft universe, when their physical body gets destroyed their essence just goes to the nether and they sorta hang out there until they can re-emerge in a new host.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2013-01-19 at 01:20 AM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Demons in Warcraft cannot really die. Their Essence goes into the twisting Nether and it might be possible that they find a new host some time later.

Deleted
    Im so gonna subscribe again when sargeras comes, seriously need to kill him.

The good old "Nobody lives foverever"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure titans have died before. No reason Sargeras is any different unless he has soulstones and shit to res himself.

The only way I can see Sargeras dying as a raid boss is if we fight him with the help of the Titan Pantheon (And maybe some other huge powers). Kind of similar to how the only way we could kill Deathwing was with the help of the other Aspects and the Dragon Soul.

However, even if the next expansion is based around the Burning Legion I don't think we will see Sargeras for a very long time. Chances are the big bad guy of the next expansion will be Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Pretty sure titans have died before. No reason Sargeras is any different unless he has soulstones and shit to res himself.
    Lesser titans yes, Sargeras is a ex-pantheon titan, and one of the strongest titans out of the pantheon.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Doubt we'll kill him tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well...

If we go by the theory that Druids and Paladins get their powers from Naaru, and Brox's axe was blessed by Cenarius, then I would suppose we will be able to harm him not with Titanic powers but rather with Naaru help. It's highly likely that the expansion in which we fight Sargeras will also be the expansion in which we visit Argus or some other planetary base of the demons. We need to find where Alleria and Turalyon went as well.

Maybe we can seal him or something, or we'll have the assistance from the Titans who can truly slay him.

Who knows.

The battle against him will have its own share of losses I bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    He should be too powerful for us to defeat alone, I think any fight vs him will have us sided with the titans. Really the titans themselves or the old gods are the only beings strong enough to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Well...

If we go by the theory that Druids and Paladins get their powers from Naaru, and Brox's axe was blessed by Cenarius, then I would suppose we will be able to harm him not with Titanic powers but rather with Naaru help. It's highly likely that the expansion in which we fight Sargeras will also be the expansion in which we visit Argus or some other planetary base of the demons. We need to find where Alleria and Turalyon went as well.
    I also put my money on this, since sargeras has failed to enter azeroth many times we'll likely go looking for him.

I am hoping there are some entities (Sargeras included) who are just too powerful for mortals to fight, we fight his minions and thwart his attempts to come physically to Azeroth... if he ever does make it, its over, even with the help of the Pantheon Azeroth won't survive the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Lesser titans yes, Sargeras is a ex-pantheon titan, and one of the strongest titans out of the pantheon.
    Pantheon titans can die too,considering one died fighting a Old God

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I think Demons in Warcraft cannot really die. Their Essence goes into the twisting Nether and it might be possible that they find a new host some time later.
    So far it only extends to the Nathrezim. Any other demon who dies stays dead. Even Illidan has stayed dead so far although I believe this "Voidstone" in the new Warlock quest chain is indeed his soulstone.

As far as killing Sargeras stands, I believe it's possible. I just don't believe it's possible for us considering the Dark Titan's powers in accordance to his RPG stats. I'm fairly sure in the RPG he's unstatted to show he's unbeatable, similar to the Vorlons in Babylon 5 RPG and the Lady of Pain in Planescape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Archimonde is dead for good, but I wouldn't be surprised if his death is rectonned & we see him again.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we can find a way to seperate the planes, break the connection between the twisting nether and azeroth, then when we do kill a demon they will have no pathway to return.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shangalar View Post
    Well...

That was from a Knaak book. And the axe gave him a papercut. Unless you want to papercut him to death....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    Pantheon titans can die too,considering one died fighting a Old God
    Was that ever confirmed as a member of the pantheon? I thought it just said a Titan fell.