Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    My main has always been a Shaman and for the majority of the last few expacs ele has been my spec. I don't remember having any huge issues leveling. I have one of each at 90 and I can say that it wasn't the easiest, it certainly wasn't the hardest.. Leveling my rogue was the worst.

Pet classes just zzzz it. Literally pull all the mobs you can see and smash em down. Quests done in 1 pull and all that extra exp.

flameshock, lava burst, elemental blast, lighting bolt, repeat. Thats all I did to hit 90, never ran into any of these OMG WTF moments your talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg View Post
    flameshock, lava burst, elemental blast, lighting bolt, repeat. Thats all I did to hit 90, never ran into any of these OMG WTF moments your talking about.
    you used the 90 talent to level?

ele is a little weak in leveling, compared to other specs, thats right. dont do pig pulls, that may not kill you, but will make you spend a lot of time on healing yourself. what really helps is

wearing a shield + 1hand, this is a WAY big increase to survivability (NEVER use a staff as shaman in progress raid, certain abilitys will kill staff wearers, whereas shieldwearering shaman will survive certain boss mechanics while on the lower gear side (triple charge of kortik strikers, force + verve, on hc boss encounters are good examples for that),

and generally following the mob mechanics (interrupt, sidestep dodge can be done on MANY of the level mobs in dreadwastes and townlong, to avoid dmg , as shaman with lightning bolt glyph this option is good and timeefficient).
    I dont remember having to follow these mechanics with my ms warrior, as he had permaselfheal with 2. wind + victory rush. Whith my hunter, all these didnt even play any role, as i had a pet tanking.

With talents i recommend to hot key ancestral guidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post
    dont do pig pulls
    How does one do a pig pull?

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulled_pork

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    First you cook the pig, then you invite people over to pull pieces off and eat it.
    do what you feel.

I found it okay to level in the beginning of Mists, but as I began to replace my gear, my haste was so bad it took an hour to cast lightning bolt. It did end up being somewhat frustrating, not because it was hard, but because of the cast time.

yep, as soon as I hit 90, sorry I am just so used to my rotation. But really, elemental is no worse then any other spec, infact with the 100% crit lavaburst when flameshock is up, I found it one of the easiest to level so far.

You're not using enough chain lightning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Odd that I would find this thread now. I just logged in my ele shammy alt for the first time tonight. She is indeed getting the shit beaten out of her. The dps is awful. I just came off leveling a demo lock to 90 and that was a breeze. So far, I've leveled a monk, dk, hunter and lock to 90 and now I'm starting on the shammy, but I'm seriously about to respec her to healy and just level through LFD if the dps stays like garbage even after I buy the Jade Forest green gear set.

The last time I played ele shammy, I was topping the meters... not now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    Odd that I would find this thread now. I just logged in my ele shammy alt for the first time tonight. She is indeed getting the shit beaten out of her. The dps is awful. I just came off leveling a demo lock to 90 and that was a breeze. So far, I've leveled a monk, dk, hunter and lock to 90 and now I'm starting on the shammy, but I'm seriously about to respec her to healy and just level through LFD if the dps stays like garbage even after I buy the Jade Forest green gear set.

The last time I played ele shammy, I was topping the meters... not now.
    i find this strange, clearly you haven't done any kind of t13/t12 heroic, if the green gear from jade forest would be upgrades, yet you say you was topping the meters...well whatever ele will suck ass in full greens.

ele never sucks ass, except in pvp and sustained damage.
    do what you feel.

Even at low gear levels Stone bulwark + healing stream totem should be more than enough to keep you up and topped off without having to burn healing surges.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.

Here's a trick to leveling your shaman: Actively use your cooldowns!
    That's the thing about RNG. It doesn't hate anybody - it just goes about its business, oblivious to the world around it.

When you make big pulls thats what i did stone bulvark hst then pull chail lightning spam with ancestral guidence remember you can kite with spiritwalkers grace and chaim lightning spaming around earthgrab totem. key is use ahaman tools like with other clases you cant do puls als blod dk but can do decent .

Quote Originally Posted by mrinvisable2 View Post
    When you make big pulls thats what i did stone bulvark hst then pull chail lightning spam with ancestral guidence remember you can kite with spiritwalkers grace and chaim lightning spaming around earthgrab totem. key is use ahaman tools like with other clases you cant do puls als blod dk but can do decent .
    Don't forget capacitor, pull 5 mobs (glyphed cl) drop it, spam spam you'll take some damage, 5 sec stun to all they should be almost dead after it finishes, if not you're probably a little undergeared for aoe'in down 5 mobs at once.

Leveling from 85 to 90, nothing really touched me. Kiting is your friend. If you don't like it you can always go back to spamming healing surge and stuff on CD. Glyph of Unleashed Lightning, Earthgrab Totem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    i find this strange, clearly you haven't done any kind of t13/t12 heroic, if the green gear from jade forest would be upgrades, yet you say you was topping the meters...well whatever ele will suck ass in full greens.
    You are correct. The last time I spent time raiding as an elemental shammy was ICC. Since that time (over the course of one xpac), her dps has become garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had no problems with being too squishy leveling my ele shaman so far. I always prefer using a MH + Shield combo over the staff, just because the shield takes me up to 55% Damage Reduction. Sustained Damage is not so great, but Ele is the best for AoE, especially with Echo of Elements and Mastery.