Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    You are correct. The last time I spent time raiding as an elemental shammy was ICC. Since that time (over the course of one xpac), her dps has become garbage.
    yeh ele really had to have the legendary staff for 1, it was meh t11, t12 it was great, t13 not so bad, but you're playing 5.0.4+ version of ele, basically it got a lot worse and weaker nerfed to the ground because of ascendance at lvl 87.

Weird, i had less trouble leelling my elemental shaman than i had levelling my DPS warrior, though part of that was due to the move from "Stand and spam" to "You might want to avoid the really big attacks" that i had adjusted to by the time i levelled my shaman, i specced stone bulwark totem and had the LB-glyph, bulwark helped a lot when multiple mobs showed up, and the glyph made avoiding big painful attacks easier, the Bulwark totem's shield also stops interrupts when it's up.

I had pretty much no issues with my Elemental Shaman, just dinged 90 yesterday and I found it quite easy. I didn't even really use totems or most of CD's either. Just open with Flameshock, lava burst, lightning bolt spam. Killed most things fast enough. For really tough mobs I would pop Hero and Ascendance. I pretty much just stuck to single targeting mobs.

I agree, I have leveled 13 chars so far to 90, and ele and moonkin were by far the worst to level. I was using the boa 450 staff, so I had no shield, which may have been one of the reasons why I took so much damage (why isn't there a shaman usable boa mop one-hand, btw?).

In Dreadwastes if I was fighting agains two enemies, I had to frog one or really pull all CDs, nontheless even when fighting againt a single mob healing surge was part of my "rotation". On the other hand, ele pretty much depends on RNG. Of course I have killed mobs within 3s, with overload and echo. But I also had my share of tickling down mobs with 20k lighting bolts when really nothing procced or critted.

Deleted
    i found leveling up from 85-90 very easy as an ele shammy. not as easy as leveling my monk, but still pretty easy

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Weird, i had less trouble leelling my elemental shaman than i had levelling my DPS warrior, though part of that was due to the move from "Stand and spam" to "You might want to avoid the really big attacks" that i had adjusted to by the time i levelled my shaman, i specced stone bulwark totem and had the LB-glyph, bulwark helped a lot when multiple mobs showed up, and the glyph made avoiding big painful attacks easier, the Bulwark totem's shield also stops interrupts when it's up.
    Opposite for me, as a warrior i could chain pulle 8-mobs easily and come out with 95% health, as an ele shaman taking on more than 3 my health would drop like a sack of potatoes, not to say any levelling is hard, but ele shaman needs to burst the shit out of the mobs before the mobs reach you, and in level 88/89 areas that's not possible.