Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    Keyboard Turner CoreEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    London, England.
    Posts
    6

    [Closed] Pandaren Druid?

    Hey guys, quick question.

    Pandaren Druids? I personally am greatly disappointed that us Druids can't be Pandaren. I think it would be a perfect class for the race and would look epic. Most of my friends agree but a few don't and my brother believes the complete opposite and thinks it would be ridiculous.

    What do you think?

  2. #2
    yes, i too am angered by the fact we cant be druids

  3. #3
    Seems weird that they can't be.
    The other furry races can be druids, why not the new one?
    Go figure >:l

  4. #4
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    5,802
    Well, there's a lore reason for them being unable to become druids. Druidism wasn't taught openly in Azeroth until later, when they left Azeroth, only very few had this full knowledge.You cannot expect all races to be what you wish.

    Pandaren cannot be: Death Knights, Warlocks and druids.

    In the end, they are the creators of the race, they may pick what they wish. As we speak, we have Tauren, Worgen, Night Elves and Trolls whom can become druids. It's the same short list with paladins - Draenei, Human, Dwarf, Tauren, Blood Elves. Most other classes can be everything else. Lets just roll with what we can be and have fun?
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!

  5. #5
    Goblins duids would be awesome - their various forms would be interesting.

  6. #6
    I am Murloc! Huntingbear_grimbatol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Norway, Trondheim
    Posts
    5,214
    Blizzards Logic:
    Pandas can't be druids because a bear turning into a bear would be strange, not joking. That was their answer!
    But then... Worgens can be druids, which is a wolf turning into a wolf-like animal. FUCK LOGIC!!?
    9thorder.com | 14/14 Heroic 25-man | West 114 | Recruiting for Warlords of Draenor!

    Follow our raids on Twitch!Bear - Retribution PoV

  7. #7
    http://captiontool.com/assets/memes/xzibit.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreEU View Post
    Hey guys, quick question.

    Pandaren Druids? I personally am greatly disappointed that us Druids can't be Pandaren. I think it would be a perfect class for the race and would look epic. Most of my friends agree but a few don't and my brother believes the complete opposite and thinks it would be ridiculous.

    What do you think?
    Last edited by Mihir; 2012-02-25 at 08:17 AM.

  8. #8
    so very very very disappointed
    Last edited by Emberpaw; 2012-02-25 at 01:31 AM.

  9. #9
    The lore reason of ya know.... the Pandaren race having retreated from the rest of the world when Cenarius was teaching the first night elves, like Malfurion, the path of Druidism, makes legit sense. Can't really say "Oh, they just magically know Druidism, without having any precedence at all".

  10. #10
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Blizzards Logic:
    Pandas can't be druids because a bear turning into a bear would be strange, not joking. That was their answer!
    But then... Worgens can be druids, which is a wolf turning into a wolf-like animal. FUCK LOGIC!!?
    That couldn't be further from the truth. There was a person asking why pandaren couldn't be druids during one of the Blizzcon Q&A, and like Gehco said, the reason is because druidism didn't start being taught to mortal races until after the pandaren had isolated themselves. Same reason why they can't become death knights: the Lich King never got his hands on a pandaren corpse.

    Pandaren venturing outside of Pandaria was something extremely uncommon, and even those on the island turtle never ventured into the mainland. They simply weren't there to learn druidism, and since the playable pandaren we can play are from the ones who never left the turtle... yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  11. #11
    Immortal Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    A Hunter never gives away their location
    Posts
    7,769
    I would love to have it. It would be so cool to tank as a panda too!

  12. #12
    Pandaren druids would mean atleast 4 other new forms for them for Blizzard to create. Thats a no go for them..

    Also, there's no valid reason for a race to become any class - its just an excuse for Blizzard not to create new animations or visuals. In a world with characters who master several classes (Medan, Anduin) and characters who were able to turn from mage/shaman to warlock or from warrior to paladon or from X to a DK, there's no place for such excuses.

    And sorry, Pandaren werent around at the time where someone taught Druidism, but somehow every other race (except Worgen and Goblin) are able to become Monks, even if those individuals who taught druidism in the first place are still alive?

    COME ONE, WAKE UP!

  13. #13
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post

    And sorry, Pandaren werent around at the time where someone taught Druidism, but somehow every other race (except Worgen and Goblin) are able to become Monks, even if those individuals who taught druidism in the first place are still alive?

    COME ONE, WAKE UP!
    Timelines. "COME ON, WAKE UP!"

    The pandaren from the wandering isle teach the ways of the monk to the other races after they join the horde and alliance. The pandaren on the island have no contact with the rest of the world prior to finding the horde and alliance, and then joining them. Pandaren on the island pre-horde/alliance contact -> haven't learned druidism. Other races after pandaren joined -> already benefit from pandaren teachings.

    Goblin and Worgen most likely were excluded from becoming monks because:
    1) their models are pretty new unlike the other races;
    2) it would cause timeline issues due to the fact they start in phased zones set before the cataclysm happened. They'd either have to make them start somewhere else if you picked a Monk, or come up with some really half-assed explanation on why they can be monks before pandaren started teaching it.

    If the pandaren started somewhere else, somewhere where they could have already had contact with druids, I wouldn't see why they should be excluded. But the way it's set right now, it makes enough sense to me. Regardless, they can still change their minds and allow pandaren druids.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-02-25 at 01:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, there's a lore reason for them being unable to become druids. Druidism wasn't taught openly in Azeroth until later, when they left Azeroth, only very few had this full knowledge.You cannot expect all races to be what you wish.
    Exactly. I could see them getting it after MoP or something, then just put in some lore that they were taught druidism (I'd say similar to how Tauren learned to become priests and paladins but I honestly didn't give a whole lot of attention to them adding that into the game/lore so I forget their explanation at the moment). I'd honestly like to see Blood Elf Druids as well. There have been some (or at least one... been a while) in the game, and factor in their control over magic, it wouldn't be unrealistic for them to get it in the future (though I'm 95% sure Blizz wouldn't do such a thing).
    It's LeviOsa, not LeviosAR!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Timelines. "COME ON, WAKE UP!"

    The pandaren from the wandering isle teach the ways of the monk to the other races after they join the horde and alliance. The pandaren on the island have no contact with the rest of the world prior to finding the horde and alliance, and then joining them.

    Goblin and Worgen most likely were excluded from becoming monks because:
    1) their models are pretty new unlike the other races;
    2) it would cause timeline issues due to the fact they start in phased zones set before the cataclysm happened. They'd either have to make them start somewhere else if you picked a Monk, or come up with some really half-assed explanation on why they can be monks before pandaren started teaching it.
    So, you quoted me to say that I was right?

    It would cause no timeline issues to allow Pandaren druids if they allow other races to become Monks. Races are able to learn from each other.

  16. #16
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,443
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    So, you quoted me to say that I was right?

    It would cause no timeline issues to allow Pandaren druids if they allow other races to become Monks. Races are able to learn from each other.
    Sigh. Ok then. I'm creating a pandaren now. I start my adventure before joining the horde or alliance. I never heard of druidism before. I now join the horde, and meet the trolls and tauren, who know the ways of the druid. They'll teach my fellow pandaren the ways of the druid. But not me. I already followed the path of the mage.

    I'm not really finding the words to describe what I mean all that well, really. You create a pandaren, you don't know druidism. YOUR pandaren doesn't know druidism. None of the playable ones do, because they joined the factions before being introduced to druidism. Even if the other races teach druidism to pandaren, our characters already had their own classes upon joining. They already chose a path.

    Now I create an orc. My orc is created, and his starting zone already assumes pandaren have joined the horde. As such, a pandaren monk emissary offers to train young orcs in the ways of the monk if they wish.


    I'm not sure if I made myself clear, but that's the best I could come up with to explain what I mean. Yes, races are able to learn from each other, but you meet the druids after you've already become a mage/monk/whatever. You already have a class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  17. #17
    Lorewise, wasn't it something to do with Cenarius?

    But yea i'm all for the idea.
    Last edited by hammock; 2012-02-25 at 02:09 AM.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, there's a lore reason for them being unable to become druids. Druidism wasn't taught openly in Azeroth until later, when they left Azeroth, only very few had this full knowledge.You cannot expect all races to be what you wish.
    Trolls learned it from a completely different source. That lore reason doesn't hold any water. There's also been plenty of possible explanations as to how they could have learned druidism before leaving their turtle already.

    It was pretty obvious at BlizzCon they hadn't given much thought to why lorewise Pandaren can't be druids, they just decided that it is that way, as opposed to DKs and Warlocks which clash heavily with Pandaren philosophy.

    Personally, i was rather disappointed not to see them on the list.

  19. #19
    Would make more sense for pandarian's to be druid then worgen.

  20. #20
    A bear turning into another bear would just be really weird imo...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •