Thread: Slayer Quests.

Deleted

Slayer Quests.

You know, while I was running around doing my Klaxxi Daily Quests I came across an Idea.

I dislike Dailys.

Alot.

They're like pulling teeth, except the teeth regrow every day.

So I thought "What could be an alternative"

Well, how about instead of tons of Daily quests to get gold, charms and points, You placed out in the world elite monsters, perhaps phased when you are wearing <Insert clever name for item for hunting monsters>

You need to explore the island of Pandaria, hunting these tough monsters with varied skills.. like rare spawns, only not rare. Killing one gives you rep and daily rewards.

You can kill them as long as you wish, but some sort of personal spawn timer means you can't fight the same one till a reset. Hell, they could even design them like the Hunter tames and make alot of them soloable only by you, Sort of like an experiece of the Brawler's guild.. outside the brawlers guild.

So what do people think? Would you like to slay monsters as much as you want over daily quests? Or would you prefer dailies?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give it a shot. I'm always a fan of content that feels epic.

And it gives a title when you have killed them all.

The Bounty Hunter.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    Yes please, anything but dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this was the situation, all that means is that raiders would be forced to do dailies *and* slayer quests.

So we solve the problem by making it more of a problem?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    If this was the situation, all that means is that raiders would be forced to do dailies *and* slayer quests.

So we solve the problem by making it more of a problem?
    How is it more of a problem? It gives you choice, if a person wants to do both, thats fine. But you only need to gather charms every week for your greater charms. As for rep and valor, I am pretty sure Hardcore raiders have them coming up in spades.

Why are they forced to do anything?

I think it's an interesting idea. I don't think it's the solution to the mass amounts of dailies, but interesting nonetheless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    How is it more of a problem? It gives you choice, if a person wants to do both, thats fine. But you only need to gather charms every week for your greater charms. As for rep and valor, I am pretty sure Hardcore raiders have them coming up in spades.
    You have a choice to not do dailies, but you won't get rewarded for it.

'Slayer quests' are just another obligation for the people who do feel they need to get every reward and adds literally nothing for the people who don't.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    You have a choice to not do dailies, but you won't get rewarded for it.

'Slayer quests' are just another obligation for the people who do feel they need to get every reward and adds literally nothing for the people who don't.
    So basically, your argument is.

"Suck it up and do dailies"

"But your idea is a bad one because I'd need to suck it up and do these too if I needed to"

I am sorry but... what kind of Raider would do both, Because they need the charms?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tired of other players feeling like they should limit what I CAN do simply because THEY don't want to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    And it gives a title when you have killed them all.

The Bounty Hunter.
    Hell, you could split it.

Humanoid Slayer quests give <Bounty hunter>

Non Humanoid Quests give <Monster Hunter>

Hell, they could even add ones based on Horde and Alliance, and maybe get some PvP action by placing them in or around Outposts for both factions.

They are kinda adding that in 5.2 with zandalari warbands whose leader drops stuff like mounts and rep tokens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarglord69 View Post
    They are kinda adding that in 5.2 with zandalari warbands whose leader drops stuff like mounts and rep tokens
    Yeah, thats where I kinda got the idea from, but instead of a minor thing like that, it can be a much bigger part of the game, almost on the scale as grinding reps of old of championing factions.

Let's be honest, everyone would love to fight mini bosses who are challenging over gathering 80 more bloody feathers.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if not everyone, enough people to make it worthwhile to add.