Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Why is honor gear so horrible?

    In cata, the honor gear they provided was better than the previous seasons gear(except the weapon was worse than the previous season's T2 by a small margin)
    Why was this changed, and why by such a massive margin?
    My character, which I haven't played since mid-October when I quit, has better gear than is obtainable by honor 5 months later. I changed my main and realized how bad honor gear is, there's no way I can get anyone to play with me in this gear(I'm a gladiator-level player and I'm going to have to beg trade chat people just to play with me because nobody is going to want to play with someone honor geared seriously.) Every piece I have on is at least 21 ilvls behind upgraded S12 gear(Except for weapon, that's 28!)

    Sure, the resil/pvp power on it is slightly buffed, I have a solid 0.5% more resil than S12 geared people, but I'm behind in about 50k health and a large chunk of main stats.

    Your chance of getting into an RBG with honor gear? HAHAHA

    Might as well have taken away the ability to queue arena/RBG as an honor geared character, would have done more that way. All this did was create a vicious cycle.
    People with upgraded S12 gear get the best cap and get S13 gear the fastest, people with honor gear retain their 2200(or ~2500) cap because nobody wants to play with them seriously, and won't have S13 gear until 5.3 hits with the honor change while getting farmed by S13 geared people.

    Seasons are meant to be gear resets, they've been that way for a long time, it's when you can catch characters up to gear that were falling behind during the season.

    Extremely regretting resubbing...

  2. #2
    um, what honor gear is better than last season gear by a little has more pvp power.......

  3. #3
    Mechagnome Mazamaras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Valley of Honor.
    Posts
    556
    It's the same as normal new tier raid gear vs previous tier heroic gear, please use your brain before you start crying and flaming the system.

  4. #4
    Brewmaster Skeletroll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    This Toilet Earth
    Posts
    1,307
    Their greatest fear is that people will skipping raid tiers with honor gear/later tier heroics/whatever.

    Edit: though as said before, i admit it's kinda odd that new season's craftable gear would make your old gear obsolete instantly.
    Last edited by Skeletroll; 2013-03-10 at 09:56 PM.
    Former unique snowflake.

  5. #5
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,716
    There is no problem with the honor gear, is your rage due to the lack of such?

    Lately I've been seeing many unable to even be prepared for a season, they gave us malavolent gear as honor gear, that is fine enough really. You can't expect to get instant boosted with gear, you must start somewhere and climb the ladder, we all did. And you've had alot of days to be prepared and get fully geared and gemmed, enchanted as well. You have a chance to get the same gear as everyone else, maybe except the upgrades of course, but there should be some soert of "punishment" for being a late bloomer.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Their greatest fear is that people will skipping raid tiers with honor gear/later tier heroics/whatever.
    that's because they know their pve gameplay and content is shit and people do it only for the gear, not because it's fun

    but there should be some soert of "punishment" for being a late bloomer.
    why? I can understand this kind of reasoning from blizzard because basically it's punishment for not keeping playing the game every week (and giving them money), but whenever I hear this kind of shit from players I can't help but think it's stockholm syndrom talking
    Last edited by furniture; 2013-03-10 at 10:00 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    um, what honor gear is better than last season gear by a little has more pvp power.......
    No it's not, please go compare. 400 resil and PvP power is not worth all the stats you lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazamaras View Post
    It's the same as normal new tier raid gear vs previous tier heroic gear, please use your brain before you start crying and flaming the system.
    Raiding isn't PvP, mmkay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    There is no problem with the honor gear, is your rage due to the lack of such?

    Lately I've been seeing many unable to even be prepared for a season, they gave us malavolent gear as honor gear, that is fine enough really. You can't expect to get instant boosted with gear, you must start somewhere and climb the ladder, we all did. And you've had alot of days to prepared and get fully geared and gemmed, enchanted as well. You have a chance to get the same gear as everyone else, maybe except the upgrades of course, but there should be some soert of "punishment" for being a late bloomer.
    There was never a "punishment", seasons have always been gear resets. This is a complete joke, new people might as well wait until the next xpac if they want to PvP seriously.

  8. #8
    Honor Gear vs Last season's malevolent is roughly equal: they have lower main stats because of the lowered ilvl, which is in effect to dissuade players from pvp'ing simply to get the honor gear to raise their item level for LFR. Honor gear is less powerful than upgraded malevolent, but that is how it's supposed to be. Upgrade malevolent is supposed to be comparable to the standard tyrannical (however it is still 2 ilvl less) and then less powerful than the tier 2 tyrannical.

    Honor gear is a starting point: it is not the best gear. As long as you have a full set of gear, you will not be at a serious disadvantage until you pass 2200, at which point your point cap will be rather large, and you'll be able to gear up in full conquest gear quickly, and be on par with other players in your rating. Item upgrades are disabled this patch, so you won't have to worry about that either.

    If you find you have problems breaking 1600-2k in rbgs even with a full set of honor gear, the gear isn't the issue, it's you or your team.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmmmBacon View Post
    If you find you have problems breaking 1600-2k in rbgs even with a full set of honor gear, the gear isn't the issue, it's you or your team.
    It has nothing to do with the player, nobody is going to take a person in honor gear when they could take someone in full upgraded S12.
    In before anecdotal evidence where your cousin's brother's friend took a person in quest greens because they're really cool.

  10. #10
    One of these years they'll stop being in denial and get a clue, and understand that PvPers don't give a crap about gear. Seriously, it's not that hard. Make one tier of gear per season, equal in item level to the new heroic raid tier, available for honor, and simply don't allow the PvP gear into raids and dungeons. There, it's fixed on both sides and everyone's happier.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    One of these years they'll stop being in denial and get a clue, and understand that PvPers don't give a crap about gear. Seriously, it's not that hard. Make one tier of gear per season, equal in item level to the new heroic raid tier, available for honor, and simply don't allow the PvP gear into raids and dungeons. There, it's fixed on both sides and everyone's happier.
    Apparently it's not fixed because for some reason half of the people in this thread PvP for gear and think massive gear imbalances are fun and create unique gameplay by not being on equal footing for months.

  12. #12
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    No it's not, please go compare. 400 resil and PvP power is not worth all the stats you lose.

    Raiding isn't PvP, mmkay.

    There was never a "punishment", seasons have always been gear resets. This is a complete joke, new people might as well wait until the next xpac if they want to PvP seriously.
    Not really, all can PvP seriously. You still have days now to prepared to have full Malavolent gear, then when the season starts, you are prepared for arena. You may not have the upgrades, but that is how it is to start. You can easily get into a new season. There is nothing here to see as a problem, you are making something into a bigger problem than it really is.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not really, all can PvP seriously. You still have days now to prepared to have full Malavolent gear, then when the season starts, you are prepared for arena. You may not have the upgrades, but that is how it is to start. You can easily get into a new season. There is nothing here to see as a problem, you are making something into a bigger problem than it really is.
    If you actually did PvP, you would see this is a massive problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdler View Post
    Reckful got to like 2400 with like 80% blues. I think you can manage with this seasons honor epics!
    Reckful got carried by two of the best players in the game on a dead BG while dodging all the top teams that could possibly counter them by queueing at 4am.
    Last edited by Lassira; 2013-03-10 at 10:07 PM.

  14. #14
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Apparently it's not fixed because for some reason half of the people in this thread PvP for gear and think massive gear imbalances are fun and create unique gameplay by not being on equal footing for months.
    Nope, I work for the gear to be a source for more enjoyment and fun in the game. Your posts makes it sound like you just want to burst ahead, enjoy your content and work like others.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nope, I work for the gear to be a source for more enjoyment and fun in the game. Your posts makes it sound like you just want to burst ahead, enjoy your content and work like others.
    work
    work
    work
    it's a video game.
    Maybe if you spent more time ingame rather than on the forums you'd actually have something to be proud of that you "worked" towards.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Widdler View Post
    Reckful got to like 2400 with like 80% blues. I think you can manage with this seasons honor epics!
    Cause he's reckful... That guy's a machine

  17. #17
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    If you actually did PvP, you would see this is a massive problem.


    Reckful got carried by two of the best players in the game on a dead BG.
    But I do actually PvP, on multiple tiers of PvP - I see some problems, but nothing more than laziness mostly. I will say it again, you have time to prepare, use it. If you don't use it, then we know what the problem is. You can easily beat fully upgraded people without upgrades.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Apparently it's not fixed because for some reason half of the people in this thread PvP for gear and think massive gear imbalances are fun and create unique gameplay by not being on equal footing for months.
    I don't think so. I think they're just the people who accept anything Blizzard does and assumes it's right, and is afraid of change. If Blizzard actually changed it, they'd likely support it then. It's like the people who defend the tie rules in WSG/TP. Anyone with any competitive knowledge and common sense knows it's completely stupid and wrong, but people still defend it just because that's how it is.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    It has nothing to do with the player, nobody is going to take a person in honor gear when they could take someone in full upgraded S12.
    In before anecdotal evidence where your cousin's brother's friend took a person in quest greens because they're really cool.
    Make some friends and start your own group then if you think that getting into pug rbgs is going to be that difficult without fully upgraded malevolent. Most people only care that you are actually using gear with resilience and pvp power on it, and care enough to gem/enchant/forge it.

    This is not as big an issue as you are making it out to be.

  20. #20
    Moderator Gehco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    6,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    work
    work
    work
    it's a video game.
    Maybe if you spent more time ingame rather than on the forums you'd actually have something to be proud of that you "worked" towards.
    *sighs* Yes, it's a game. But doesn't mean you should be catered to like some childrens game. You work for your ranking, and I am quite more online than in this forum or any other forum.
    If you disapprove of moderation, seek an Admin or Global Moderator.
    Stuff can be fixed, just get enough glue or duct tape!
    R.I.P Project 'Titan' - My curious mind will still think of you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •