Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakoes View Post
    Oh wow, they actually heard us!

Hunter
    - Aimed Shot damage +10%.
    - Chimera Shot damage +50%.
    - Steady Shot damage +20%.
    - Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +15%.
    - Hearing lots of concerns about Power Shot in PvP, so we may need a PvP-specific tweak there.

source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7923993861#20

My actual response irl, just from reading all those buffs that aren't just for MM:
    AMG!. That made my day. I'm boring aren't I? XD

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    AMG!. That made my day. I'm boring aren't I? XD
    I dont know man, I reacted the same way and I find myself quite an extraordinarily funny guy (y) Cheers Tehstool, Tonight we dine....where we usually do, but with supreme taste in our mouth. The taste, of Victory.

The Crab Man commeth and he giveth to his loyal subjects!

HALLELUJAH!

---------- Post added 2013-02-20 at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    O_O
    The heck?
    This looks too good to be true, I'm expecting those numbers to be toned down a little. But holy hell that is amazing.

If those Black Arrow and Explosive Shot buffs stay there is no question about it, we can shelf our Beast Mastery spec for Survival. Whether Marksmanship becomes the top single target spec is something I'll calculate when I wake up tomorrow.

EDIT:
    Seems like some other classes got significant buffs as well. This includes all Death Knights and non-Affliction Warlocks.
    Chimera is on a 9 second cooldown and is hitting as hard as our 6 seconds so a 50% longer cooldown for no change of damage. Guess that's the keep the damage to cooldown in line.

Also, a 20% buff to Steady Shot looks bigger than it is. Steady hits as hard as one of those pool noodles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the changes, but I don't understand why it was snuck in a the last second. I'm no worried one spec will end up doing slightly "too good" damage and the entire class will get nerfed into nothingness again.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madwolf View Post
    I love the changes, but I don't understand why it was snuck in a the last second. I'm no worried one spec will end up doing slightly "too good" damage and the entire class will get nerfed into nothingness again.
    Tuning passes are usually one of the last things they do in the PTR cycle - it's based in large part on the raid testing so it has to wait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Chimera is on a 9 second cooldown and is hitting as hard as our 6 seconds so a 50% longer cooldown for no change of damage. Guess that's the keep the damage to cooldown in line.

Also, a 20% buff to Steady Shot looks bigger than it is. Steady hits as hard as one of those pool noodles.
    It's PvP I'm worried about. As it stands now, you can channel a Powershot and fire an instant Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot right after. The amount of damage you do in just one second is large enough to kill someone depending on crits.

PvP isn't my main focus of the game, but I do PvP often as Marksmanship. I don't see these buffs staying as they are written now, maybe they will be adjusted in a different way.

Deleted
    It's PvP I'm worried about. As it stands now, you can channel a Powershot and fire an instant Aimed Shot and Chimera Shot right after. The amount of damage you do in just one second is large enough to kill someone depending on crits.

PvP isn't my main focus of the game, but I do PvP often as Marksmanship. I don't see these buffs staying as they are written now, maybe they will be adjusted in a different way.
    I see your concern, but you have to keep in mind that it does take both skills and ramp-up time to get that done, and GC even said they mighy tweak PS down for PvP. I don't see us turning into the new warriors.

Heck, I want those Chimeras to actually crit for 300k. :<

Honestly now you've been complaining about Hunters being ignored for so long, that we never got or get any buffs, how Blizzard is out to get us, and now we got these monstrous buffs and the first and in fact only thing you do is whine about other classes.

When will you be happy?
    Haters gonna hate.

I fully welcome the return of Hunter spec parity. We were the most closely balanced we've ever been throughout most of Cataclysm, and while it was concerning to see one spec rise above the others to such a degree this time, I had faith that the balance would eventually return. I mean, they've already proved they're capable of attaining that level of balance. Now it's just a matter of execution. These changes are certainly a step in the right direction.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

Deleted
    I remember they nerfed BM in wotlk couse ppl complained it was a too easy spec to play. Who cares if its easy if you dont like a spec dont play it.. as loong as the speccs are on paar or the easiest spec is a few percent below :P

Deleted
    I wonder what happens to glyph of chimera shot now, the self heal is buffed to 5% baseline.
    Might get buffed, changed into something else or simply removed.

For now i'm looking as BM and SV as PvE specs (SV being the FOTM spec used by majority) and Marks an very viable PvP spec with its hard hitting shots. All three will be very close within each other DPS wise, there is no broken spec like Marks now, which falls more than 10% behind others.

In pvp it's ridiculously hard to pull off anything higher than a 2 second cast without a stun to back it up and even then CC can take care of it. Getting power shot to hit is hard as well with a team that pays attention and LoS a lot of skills. I've found that the only way I can get any chance to get it off is through rapid fire and SS buff. Even then the above still applies. The most I see is a toning down PS down to 650% or make it non-critable. Finally though, chimera shot will hit for what it's worth. 44 focus and 9 second CD for a 40k crit in pvp was a joke.

I don't see why these MM buffs would be problematic in PvP. MM is currently not as viable as BM, since it does a lot less pressure, and BM gives you that 2nd trinket to get out of sticky situations that the majority of high-rated hunters just love, such as Braindeadly. There is a possibility that the Glyph of Chimera Shot will be changed up a bit though.

It can considered as the de-facto PvP spec for most of the pvp seasons, so I'm sure Blizzard have wanted to bring it back. Also, it powershot sounds like it's getting a nerf - I'm surprised people have complained about a 1min, interruptable (yes, you can actually lockout the hunter!) hardcasted ability.

Personally, as a 2.3k-2.4k experienced Hunter since s6, I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how MM plays out again. Coupled with some of the balance problems with other classes, I've not taken this season very seriously at all.
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2013-02-22 at 12:16 PM.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the legendary gem fix. Should be a decent boost... no?

Capactive Meta-gem
    Proc now uses ranged crit/hit chances for Hunters.

Well the hit part doesn't matter, but the crit part is nice! I still don't understand why they always default to spell stats for shit like that, it always feels borderline / irrationally insulting. But eh, they almost always fix it, as they just did.

After the substatial buffs for MM and SV I would just like to revisit some of the statements from a few days/weeks ago from the oh so know it all crowd:

Hunters are fine and there are plenty of them clearing 16/16 heroic. Hold on and enjoy the game/ride or stfu and move on!
    Seems you meant BM hunters are fine?

Either hunters are fine - that's what I feel
    Clearly Blizz doesnt agree lol

Hunters are fine.
    lol?

Hunters are fine, at least relatively speaking
    anyone starting to see a pattern here?

When I say that we're fine, I'm not saying that everything's perfect, just that the class isn't really in a bad spot.
    Again I guess people were meaning that one spec was fine?

I sat here and lolololol'ed for weeks reading how "fine" the hunter class was... because we had 1 viable spec for PVE and PVP?? It just seems Blizz and those hunters that actually know something about things knew differently didnt they/we?

Im happy to see SV become viable ST finally, and MM able to be a spec again, but please guys, when you really do not know what your saying, try and keep the noise down a bit, its embarrassing to the hunter community and its the reason we arent taken seriously out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    Im happy to see SV become viable
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    but please guys, when you really do not know what your saying
    All decent hunters running SV/BM dual spec and frequently switching to SV = not "viable", I guess.

Hunter
    - Dismiss pet now has a 3 sec cast time (up from 2 sec). This is to discourage swapping pets in the middle of PvP to get a different form of CC.
    - Powershot now cancels Camo when the cast begins rather than the shot landing. Powershot is much more effective in 5.2 since it is so reliable now.

Hunter
    - Chimera Shot damage +25% (was +50%).
    - Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +10% (was +15%).

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/

I think these are all around good changes and it for sure makes the specs more in line. ( That chim buff was huge)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    - Dismiss pet now has a 3 sec cast time (up from 2 sec). This is to discourage swapping pets in the middle of PvP to get a different form of CC.
    Well... crap.
    The damage nerfs were kind of expected, but that dismiss pet cast time increase is a major pain in the back. 2 seconds already felt like an eternity. I understand that this might be needed in PvP but I don't see why they can't just increase the cast time in rated battlegrounds and arena.

Deleted
    I can see a lot of Dismiss Pet scripts incoming for high-rated arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Hunter
    - Powershot now cancels Camo when the cast begins rather than the shot landing. Powershot is much more effective in 5.2 since it is so reliable now.

Hunter
    - Chimera Shot damage +25% (was +50%).
    - Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +10% (was +15%).

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/

I think these are all around good changes and it for sure makes the specs more in line. ( That chim buff was huge)
    that will keep SV and MM from eclipsing Bm for ST it seems..