Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    there's just no point in bringig wol up for an overall comparison.
    lets assume mages and locks have a 5-10% higher damage potential, isn't it kind of obvious, that the best 200 mages/wls with a 5-10% damage boost compared to any other class will beat everyone else? that doesn't mean that all other classes that get beaten by them are "far from being a good dps class"
    just means that wls+mages (and rouges/warris in specific fights) are a bit to powerfull, which is going to be adressed.

    I guess some changes will be coming before 5.2, but not much probably. nothing as major as Serpent Sting and AoH buff though in terms of damage.
    I for my part would be content if they'd fix our lvl 90 tier
    I do get your point, but that still doesn't answer to my question. I personally see no fight where hunters do top the meters - maybe heroic blade lord being the only exception.

  2. #82
    Herald of the Titans SL1200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Chicago Illinois.
    Posts
    2,766
    They've waited so long that I'm getting used to all the buttons. Hopefully we get a little buff. Other than that i hope they just leave us be.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    They've waited so long that I'm getting used to all the buttons. Hopefully we get a little buff. Other than that i hope they just leave us be.
    Yep. I agree. If nothing changes, chances our that our scaling will start to become poor as next tier progresses. They need to fix something before 5.2 so that doesn't happen. They'll probably just do another band aid fix though.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastic View Post
    I'm so confused at how hunters are in a bad spot right now. So what if we don't benefit like some other classes to some buffs? You do realize that hunters still fulfill a role in raids now right? We're the most mobile DPSer in the game at the moment, we have insane utility at the drop of a hat. Our pets do incredible damage and still attack if we're CC'ed. We're competitive on meters, may not be on top but honestly, who cares?

    Look at DS and think about how most progression guilds didn't even bring a hunter in for progression because they were so awful and it was literally gimping the raid. Now think about the current tier and how some guilds bring 3 or more hunters in each kill and all of them are competitive with the rest of the raid group.

    BM is very high burst and single target damage, Surv is high burst and high AOE damage, MM could technically be classified as both if you know how to play it right. So what if MM isn't doing as much damage as the others? It's by no means a worthless spec, people choose not to play it because they min/max and that spec has about 15 more buttons to push. No class will ever be perfect, bottomline. Get over it.

    Nemesis, you're a moron. Link me your armory and show us exactly how qualified you are to be whining about some of these topics you love to bring up. Link me a WoL and show me how you're doing everything at least 90% correct and getting destroyed. A lot of what you talk about sounds like whining of a bad player. Please prove me otherwise because a lot of the things you bring up are exaggerated and sound like long drawn out excuses as to why you suck as a player.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uzaki/advanced there is my armory, do you also want me to link log after log with top 25 pares cause i can do that as well? I rank on more fights then i don't most weeks.

    If you think 1 class getting 80-40% of the SAME buff as EVERY OTHER class is balance then you sire are beyond stupid, that is all.

    BTW do link your armory so you can show if you managed to get anywhere.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 10:18 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Yep. I agree. If nothing changes, chances our that our scaling will start to become poor as next tier progresses. They need to fix something before 5.2 so that doesn't happen. They'll probably just do another band aid fix though.
    which is what i said over a month ago when PTR started, now look at all the people starting to realize what i said was right.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2013-02-02 at 03:23 PM.

  5. #85
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bbles/advanced
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/kel%27thuzad/skrubbles/

    I have an edge on your iLevel wise but you have the better weapon so it's a bit of a toss up. One thing I noticed however, you barely have any logs whatsoever. Especially being in Aftermath which is typically a well respected guild. That would lead me to think that you're a bench player that's brought in for farm or you have literally JUST started being in any kind of progression guild. The more I glance over your achievements the more I am compelled to think that you are more of a backup raided or a social player. Nothing wrong with either of the two but you're not exactly on the cutting edge of things (I do not claim to be either) and you try to come off as someone who knows and has experienced more than the average player and you really haven't.

    The parses thing could possibly be because you have recently name changed or something along those lines but the overall character thing I think is very true. You're not exactly a core raider there from what I see and you seem to whine about things that you never really try more than once or twice at because you're only in on farm content and only have that to go from.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastic View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...bbles/advanced
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/kel%27thuzad/skrubbles/

    I have an edge on your iLevel wise but you have the better weapon so it's a bit of a toss up. One thing I noticed however, you barely have any logs whatsoever. Especially being in Aftermath which is typically a well respected guild. That would lead me to think that you're a bench player that's brought in for farm or you have literally JUST started being in any kind of progression guild. The more I glance over your achievements the more I am compelled to think that you are more of a backup raided or a social player. Nothing wrong with either of the two but you're not exactly on the cutting edge of things (I do not claim to be either) and you try to come off as someone who knows and has experienced more than the average player and you really haven't.

    The parses thing could possibly be because you have recently name changed or something along those lines but the overall character thing I think is very true. You're not exactly a core raider there from what I see and you seem to whine about things that you never really try more than once or twice at because you're only in on farm content and only have that to go from.
    i'm the main raider for aftermath since their GL left who was their hunter, i have been a core raider though all of MOP and didn't play my hunter in Cata, i was ono my warrior then. I actually do have a great number of parses but they are not on my current server. My gear is actually better then your is many respects you might have better ilvl by a whopping 3 points but my itemization is superior i have more overall heroic kills then you, and the only thing that puts your ilvl higher is the lei shit trinket which is less then 100 DPS difference then the darkmmon card so i don't take that from classes that make better use of it.

    you are also looking at "e-peen" bots which is one of the WORST tools on the internet to look at performance as it doesn't gather all data nor does it gather it correctly. Smart players don't use it for just that reason. Even looking at your performance on it it makes you looks like a crap hunter.

    Not to mention if i was a "backup" raider how would i have more kills overall then you? Your logic fails in every regard,that and the fath that you regard gear in "my ilvl is higher so its better" kinda makes you crap as well.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i'm the main raider for aftermath since their GL left who was their hunter, i have been a core raider though all of MOP and didn't play my hunter in Cata, i was ono my warrior then. I actually do have a great number of parses but they are not on my current server. My gear is actually better then your is many respects you might have better ilvl by a whopping 3 points but my itemization is superior i have more overall heroic kills then you, and the only thing that puts your ilvl higher is the lei shit trinket which is less then 100 DPS difference then the darkmmon card so i don't take that from classes that make better use of it.

    you are also looking at "e-peen" bots which is one of the WORST tools on the internet to look at performance as it doesn't gather all data nor does it gather it correctly. Smart players don't use it for just that reason. Even looking at your performance on it it makes you looks like a crap hunter.

    Not to mention if i was a "backup" raider how would i have more kills overall then you? Your logic fails in every regard,that and the fath that you regard gear in "my ilvl is higher so its better" kinda makes you crap as well.
    Trinkets blah blah, I starting raiding my Hunter this expansion blah.

    you are also looking at "e-peen" bots which is one of the WORST tools on the internet to look at performance
    Smart players don't use it for just that reason. Even looking at your performance on it it makes you looks like a crap hunter.
    lol

    and the fath that you regard gear in "my ilvl is higher so its better" kinda makes you crap as well.
    He never said, nor implied that his gear was better solely because his ilvl is higher.

    and the only thing that puts your ilvl higher is the lei shit trinket
    So, let's say you were given the 496 ilvl Lei Shi trinket that Tastic has. Hmm.. Your current ilvl is 505.73.. With the Lei shi trinket replacing your DMF.. Your ilvl would be 506.53. Because that's definitely higher than 507.8 that Tastic has.

    You were saying? Seems like the only thing that came from you that wasn't complaining or whatever you do was clarifying that you are actually a core raider for your current guild.

    Edit: I should have gone back on to the original topic. Okay, so I think that Hunters are fine at the moment. I'm not sure on scaling factors how well we will do down the road in future patches without bandage hotfixes mid tier. And with barely any changes towards the class besides quality of life changes, I'm somewhat glad that Hunters will basically play the exact same (aside from MM's Aimed Shot cast reduction from 2.9>2.5, or was it 2.4?)
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2013-02-04 at 08:45 AM.
    Omnipotent WCL || Omnipotent Site || Stream: 5-9pm PST Tues/Wed/Thurs || Worst Btag Ever: Slenderman#1355

  8. #88
    I generally fulfill the role of utility in the raids or "bitch work" if you will. Itemization doesn't really matter at this point. I gain more raw agility having the 509 pieces even if I use the terrible shoulders. I still gain more stats than you would by using a better itemized lower iLevel item. The main issue with a lot of your arguments is that you complain about the damage of hunters in a raid setting when it's not even an issue. You fill a role in the raid as the most utility and most mobile DPSer in the entire raid.

  9. #89
    Epeen fight is best fight.

  10. #90
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Brawl Pub
    Posts
    3,568
    Needless to say there's plenty of 10+/16H hunters on these boards, and most of them disagree with you Nemesis, at least in scope, if not in the core of what you're saying.

    And your tone is worthless and counterproductive. It's the kind of tone that everyone reads and thinks "Man, now I just want this guy's class to suffer even more."

  11. #91
    good new people, just read this in the PTR class and set bonus thread:

    "... We have now completed rebuilding Power Shot and Glaive Toss. Both abilities always hit their primary target and are much more responsive to secondary targets in our initial testing. Once these abilities have been subjected to a QA pass, you can try them in a future PTR build and let us know how they work. "

    at last! this is great news! thank god they stopped with their initial "design decision" excuse... an automatically targeting shot that's supposed to be a skill shot, never heard something as stupid as that... I'll be happy to test this. Maybe PS suites BM well, CD perfectly lines up with BW.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    good new people, just read this in the PTR class and set bonus thread:

    "... We have now completed rebuilding Power Shot and Glaive Toss. Both abilities always hit their primary target and are much more responsive to secondary targets in our initial testing. Once these abilities have been subjected to a QA pass, you can try them in a future PTR build and let us know how they work. "

    at last! this is great news! thank god they stopped with their initial "design decision" excuse... an automatically targeting shot that's supposed to be a skill shot, never heard something as stupid as that... I'll be happy to test this. Maybe PS suites BM well, CD perfectly lines up with BW.
    That's nice to know, thanks for posting.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    good new people, just read this in the PTR class and set bonus thread:

    "... We have now completed rebuilding Power Shot and Glaive Toss. Both abilities always hit their primary target and are much more responsive to secondary targets in our initial testing. Once these abilities have been subjected to a QA pass, you can try them in a future PTR build and let us know how they work. "

    at last! this is great news! thank god they stopped with their initial "design decision" excuse... an automatically targeting shot that's supposed to be a skill shot, never heard something as stupid as that... I'll be happy to test this. Maybe PS suites BM well, CD perfectly lines up with BW.
    Oh that is fantastic news! Happy they finally decided to go this way, how the abilities work now just isn't working out.

    Don't think casting Powershot during Bestial Wrath is really going to be worth it though. Without doing any math you gain roughly 10% more damage on Powershot at the cost of about 2 Arcane Shots due to the cast time. I would love to use Powershot instead of Glaive Toss but I don't think it's going to work out in PvE without a buff.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    good new people, just read this in the PTR class and set bonus thread:

    "... We have now completed rebuilding Power Shot and Glaive Toss. Both abilities always hit their primary target and are much more responsive to secondary targets in our initial testing. Once these abilities have been subjected to a QA pass, you can try them in a future PTR build and let us know how they work. "
    That's good news indeed, but all and all it's just a bug fix - it's discussed here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...7#post20109297.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    Oh that is fantastic news! Happy they finally decided to go this way, how the abilities work now just isn't working out.

    Don't think casting Powershot during Bestial Wrath is really going to be worth it though. Without doing any math you gain roughly 10% more damage on Powershot at the cost of about 2 Arcane Shots due to the cast time. I would love to use Powershot instead of Glaive Toss but I don't think it's going to work out in PvE without a buff.
    its nearly 3 arcane shots. time vs damage would be better spent with barrage honestly. Power shot and barrage both have the same cast times, barrage is 640% damage on main target and 320 on everything else in the zone basicaly, powershot is 800 main and 400 on crap in the way on a 1m cooldown. Damage vs time casting is in favor of barrage. That doesn't even go into the fact powershot cannot be cast while moving. I do think we will hit a point where barrage will be what people use just cause it will prolly end up out scaling GT with better end weapons. With H Sha Gun their damage is basically equal as is.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    Power shot and barrage both have the same cast times, barrage is 640% damage on main target and 320 on everything else in the zone basicaly, powershot is 800 main and 400 on crap in the way on a 1m cooldown. Damage vs time casting is in favor of barrage.
    How exactly did you come to the conclusion that two abilities with identical cast times, one dealing 800% and 400% on secondary, the other doing 640% and 320% on secondary, the 640% ability is is a clear winner?

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    How exactly did you come to the conclusion that two abilities with identical cast times, one dealing 800% and 400% on secondary, the other doing 640% and 320% on secondary, the 640% ability is is a clear winner?
    You can cast Barrage twice times u can cast Powershot (30sec cd vs 1min cd)
    Altho i think Powershot is more a PVP talent then a pve one.

  18. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    its nearly 3 arcane shots. time vs damage would be better spent with barrage honestly. Power shot and barrage both have the same cast times, barrage is 640% damage on main target and 320 on everything else in the zone basicaly, powershot is 800 main and 400 on crap in the way on a 1m cooldown. Damage vs time casting is in favor of barrage. That doesn't even go into the fact powershot cannot be cast while moving. I do think we will hit a point where barrage will be what people use just cause it will prolly end up out scaling GT with better end weapons. With H Sha Gun their damage is basically equal as is.
    With my raid testing, barrage is a piece of shit compared to GT with the H gun 2/2 upgraded. I don't see this ever happening. When our weapon damage increases, so does our attack power. I say GT all the way unless in an unlikely case (for example) a fresh 90 hunter gets the 522 gun off of the tenth boss in ToT, then I don't see barrage ever beating out GT on single target. Also I don't think Blizzard will let it go if it did happen, they'd probably just end up buffing GT because I don't think they want the best aoe talent to be used for single target that breaks design and is counter intuitive.
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-02-05 at 06:29 PM.

    Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

  19. #99
    Another PTR build and not a single change to Hun.... herr, i said the same thing on the last 5 Builds... Im already very redundant... :/



    " So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Another PTR build and not a single change to Hun.... herr, i said the same thing on the last 5 Builds... Im already very redundant... :/
    Whoa... You forgot the awesome hunters mark fixes!!! Omg soo exciting /sarcasm off. I use to love reading MMO with new changes. So many changes to classes set pieces, talents, and spells. Hunters just sitting here with 2/3 viable specs blah.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •