Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    After the substatial buffs for MM and SV I would just like to revisit some of the statements from a few days/weeks ago from the oh so know it all crowd
    Hunters are fine in 5.1.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    that will keep SV and MM from eclipsing Bm for ST it seems..
    Marks will still end up scaling harder by the end of the tier. It's a matter of curving that just a little to keep them closer for longer. The Survival adjustment was likely just to bring its single target down a hair since it was showing to have near equivalent in single target to BM and (new) Marks while retaining its superior AoE output.

Deleted
    that will keep SV and MM from eclipsing Bm for ST it seems..
    Wouldn't this be better for SV since before it was only BA getting 15% + damage? And now it is both ES and BA getting 10%

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    Wouldn't this be better for SV since before it was only BA getting 15% + damage? And now it is both ES and BA getting 10%
    Both ES and BA were getting a 15% damage and a 15% AP buff.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Joyflu View Post
    they were both getting 15% before

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    while retaining its superior AoE output.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3861?page=3#52

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    However, in case it wasn't obvious, these were all single-target changes. We haven't completed AE, healing or tanking changes. Healing or tanking numbers look pretty solid overall though, so don't expect much change there. (And feel free to disagree, but please provide some kind of evidence to back it up.)
    Though SV will always have an advantage on > 10 targets just based on the mechanics of the AoE, assuming they do actually successfully buff BM/MM AoE to be competitive to it. But <10 targets is really the more standard case anyway except on ridiculous trash pulls.
    Last edited by Spiralphoenix; 2013-02-22 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    I know that. But if they're overall fine with Surv's AoE as they've seem to have been since Cata, then I don't see why it would change. They've balanced its single target around it in the past after all. They're against specs having a massive distinct niche like Combat Rogues and cleaving, not against advantages and trade offs as a whole.

the thing that gets me is they bugged hunters and withing 12 hours of it being on the PTR they took out some of the buff... thats not enough time to see any change in anything.

Blizzard is starting to rely too much on theri internal sims then on actual gameplay. Its really starting to fuck over the players.

Lets not forget that warriors and DKs seem to have taken a big hit from the latest 'tuning' news as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    I know that. But if they're overall fine with Surv's AoE as they've seem to have been since Cata, then I don't see why it would change. They've balanced its single target around it in the past after all. They're against specs having a massive distinct niche like Combat Rogues and cleaving, not against advantages and trade offs as a whole.
    Heh... and how long did combat rogues have that niche again? Quite a while... and it's always been very powerful for what it applied to. If anything that's more evidence of how easily and drastically they can change their minds. What they were okay with yesterday they might not be okay with today. Can only wait and see what they decide to do.

Personally I think they should do something like add piercing shots to Multi-Shot, and allow Kill Command to be beast-cleaved. I think the latter would really help make BM's aoe rotation a bit more interesting, you'd have to pool a lot of focus before doing multi -> kc. Though it would admittedly ruin any possibility of exotic pet AoE being competitive, and it might also need a % reduction to make it not completely OP. Either way they could find a way to make it work.

the thing that gets me is they bugged hunters and withing 12 hours of it being on the PTR they took out some of the buff... thats not enough time to see any change in anything.

Blizzard is starting to rely too much on theri internal sims then on actual gameplay. Its really starting to fuck over the players.
    Zeherah did the math on initial numbers and it showed the 3 specs being basically identical at the start then ending with Marks 6-7k above Beast with full heroic T15. Survival wasn't far behind Marks.

They're trying to keep a reasonable balance between specs here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Both ES and BA were getting a 15% damage and a 15% AP buff.
    they were both getting 15% before
    Ohhh, never mind me then =/

Hunter
    - Chimera Shot damage +25% (was +50%).
    - Black Arrow and Explosive Shot damage +10% (was +15%).

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...sues-part-iii/