The 10 hours is just an estimate, the first 9 gold medals we did took us just arround 5 hours, the next 6 gold medals was much much faster as we had changed our tactics slightly to make it easier for boosting people. A more exact time is probably 7 hours total for those 200k gold as we 1 shot both Mogushan and Brewery which are the two hardest ones.
At some point in Cata I was pretty bored with the game, and decided to make some gold. I started with 2000 gold which I had and no professions at all. A few months later I made almost 6 million gold with the auction house only (almost 3 mill of that being pure profit, less than 50%).
I have no idea what's good now in MoP, as I haven't played the game for quite some time, but some things should be true in general:
- have all professions available at max. lvl (the gathering ones weren't required, except for mining due to smelting)
- get the right addons (TSM, I also liked Lil'Sparkys Workshop)
- check the right sites (mostly stormspire.net, wowuction.com is also interesting to detect the items with high demand)
- undercut your competition, buy them out if there's a chance (though be careful with this one)
- set a lower starting price (80% usually). Most addons set it higher by default and some (many) people don't use AH-addons and see the items with the lower starting price first in the AH.
- sell items in different stacks, like 1, 5, 10 and 20. In some cases, post lots of items, to get the competition away from the first AH page (being lowest with the starting price).
- buy raw materials from the trading chat when possible (it's cheaper than the AH), try to get people who will constantly supply you with raw materials to a better price than what can be found in the AH
- I had two accounts and wasn't blocked while one char had to smelt a few hundred bars or produce other things.
- be nice to your competition, it won't help you being verbally aggressive with them, even if they make the most stupid things ever... calling them idiots certainly won't improve the situation, find other ways.
- there are jackpot days, for example when a new patch gets released and everyone buys new gear with their accumulated honor points... all those people want enchants. Be prepared for these days, as nothing else compares to them. For some items you can increase the price by 500% to 1000% in the first hours. On such a day I made 300k profit in a few hours.
- never ever did I farm, though I heard it's different in MoP with some specific items which cannot be traded
I spent my gold mostly for TCG mounts (like 3 spectral tigers lol... what a waste since it got account bound later) and some heroic raid items I did want to have, without playing PvE at all.
█ CPU: Core i7-3770K █ Cooler: Prolimatech Armageddon █ RAM: 16 GB G.Skill RipJawsZ DDR3-2133
█ MB: Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 █ GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC █ SSD: 256 GB Samsung 830 Series
█ HDD: 1000 GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 █ PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000W :-) █ TFT: NEC WMGX³ 24" 1920x1200
█ Case: Silverstone TJ10S with 5 x Noise Blocker eLoop Bionic 120 mm █ OS: Windows 7 Ultimate
herbalism and fishing work pretty well for me... about 400g/h from fishing, but check AH everyday to see what fish is sold for more, and herbs are ALWAYS in demand
Thanks for the help guys! I am checking all your suggestions and tips out now!
The most used, and known gold making method is Shuffling ores, everyone does it, so maybe not so good on high pop, but check youre servers AH prices first.
Buy cheap ores>prospect>make DE food witch you disenchant>make gems or Ilvl 450 JC items>make enchant scrolls.
Can also use alchemy and trasmute gems etc.
I do not hate wow. I'm just (was) very passionated about it. There is a difference. Everyone rants about thing's they think changed badly.
Do you like Thrash Metal? Then give a like for the new round off the Big 4 Evile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JHum58R624
Note to self: Avoid topic's you keep getting infracted on. You know why...!
Susan Express is your friend
But if you dont want to get baned:
If all els fail...gold farm. Stay on one spot and keep killing the same exacting again and again till you get the gold you want
They said its legal and a part of the game.
Or if you are inteligent enough:
Work with the auction house. Play with your profession. Know your stuff
LW - Leg enchants
the best way to get money? buy a pet for 50s from a vendor and put it in the ah for 100g.