Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacer View Post
    Personally I think the proffesion route is pretty boring. A lot of people seem to forget that you can sell ingame services, the least demanding one being boosting other players to level them up. Recently I have paid another player to boost my alt from level 87-90 for 20k gold. While its not that much gold per hour it is still decent.

If you are extremely skilled at the game you can sell arena boosts, raid boosts (for mounts, achivements or gear) and challenge mode boosts. Infact less than a week ago I started selling challenge mode boosts with 3 other players in my guild, we have had 3 customers so far and in less than 10 hours play time I have earned almost 200k gold.

Arena boosts / challenge mode boosts should give arround the same amount of gold per boost but playing arena with a complete retard is probably harder. You may be able to get the same amount of gold from boosting people in raids but when you have to share the gold with 9-24 other people you will of course earn a lot less.
    I like this approach because its interesting and shows another way with someone playing to their strengths and finding a niche market. Blizzard regards this stuff as of dubious morality, which is what a number of GMs have said. I was interested to see the 200k you earned for yourself in ten hours as 20k an hour is decent by anyones standards. How much were you charging and I assume the other people were charging the same? So how much were you charging one player?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 999tigger View Post
    I like this approach because its interesting and shows another way with someone playing to their strengths and finding a niche market. Blizzard regards this stuff as of dubious morality, which is what a number of GMs have said. I was interested to see the 200k you earned for yourself in ten hours as 20k an hour is decent by anyones standards. How much were you charging and I assume the other people were charging the same? So how much were you charging one player?
    We charge 500k for all 9 gold medals (ended up getting 400k as it was a "friend" and our first customer), 65k for single gold medals which we have done a total of 6 times (across 2 players). We are 4 players who split the gold in the end so the exact number we have gotten is 197.5k gold each.

The 10 hours is just an estimate, the first 9 gold medals we did took us just arround 5 hours, the next 6 gold medals was much much faster as we had changed our tactics slightly to make it easier for boosting people. A more exact time is probably 7 hours total for those 200k gold as we 1 shot both Mogushan and Brewery which are the two hardest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    Gathering professions are a good start. Check what sells for most and farm it.
    As stated here, gathering professions are a very good way to make gold on the AH!

In addition, I would look into the addon:

Tradeskill Master.. It is king when it comes to making gold.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I think BC era herbs are best for farming, people dont seem to farm that stuff and they spend as little time in BC as possible. I only ever see like 2-4 of any herb on auction house and its an excellent choke point for those doing inscription. Vanilla is too low level as anyone starting an alt with herbalism will be collecting and selling it but they tend to loose interest in the alt's class before they hit BC.
    Ehm...not exactly. Why would you need any herb (apart from first 75 skills maybe ) to level up inscription. All you need after that, is a ton of ink of dreams (cheap) and the ink trader. Inscription is by far the easiest and fastest profession to level up.

At some point in Cata I was pretty bored with the game, and decided to make some gold. I started with 2000 gold which I had and no professions at all. A few months later I made almost 6 million gold with the auction house only (almost 3 mill of that being pure profit, less than 50%).

I have no idea what's good now in MoP, as I haven't played the game for quite some time, but some things should be true in general:

- have all professions available at max. lvl (the gathering ones weren't required, except for mining due to smelting)
    - get the right addons (TSM, I also liked Lil'Sparkys Workshop)
    - check the right sites (mostly stormspire.net, wowuction.com is also interesting to detect the items with high demand)
    - undercut your competition, buy them out if there's a chance (though be careful with this one)
    - set a lower starting price (80% usually). Most addons set it higher by default and some (many) people don't use AH-addons and see the items with the lower starting price first in the AH.
    - sell items in different stacks, like 1, 5, 10 and 20. In some cases, post lots of items, to get the competition away from the first AH page (being lowest with the starting price).
    - buy raw materials from the trading chat when possible (it's cheaper than the AH), try to get people who will constantly supply you with raw materials to a better price than what can be found in the AH
    - I had two accounts and wasn't blocked while one char had to smelt a few hundred bars or produce other things.
    - be nice to your competition, it won't help you being verbally aggressive with them, even if they make the most stupid things ever... calling them idiots certainly won't improve the situation, find other ways.
    - there are jackpot days, for example when a new patch gets released and everyone buys new gear with their accumulated honor points... all those people want enchants. Be prepared for these days, as nothing else compares to them. For some items you can increase the price by 500% to 1000% in the first hours. On such a day I made 300k profit in a few hours.
    - never ever did I farm, though I heard it's different in MoP with some specific items which cannot be traded

I spent my gold mostly for TCG mounts (like 3 spectral tigers lol... what a waste since it got account bound later) and some heroic raid items I did want to have, without playing PvE at all.

Deleted
    20k/hour isn't decent in anyone's standards? What other ways beat that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    20k/hour isn't decent in anyone's standards? What other ways beat that?
    Are you drunk? as you contradict yourself. Maybe read what I posted or lay off the mind altering stuff.

Deleted
    Are you drunk? as you contradict yourself. Maybe read what I posted or lay off the mind altering stuff.
    I thought you were belittling earning 20k/hour... (I'm not native english speaker.)

herbalism and fishing work pretty well for me... about 400g/h from fishing, but check AH everyday to see what fish is sold for more, and herbs are ALWAYS in demand

Thanks for the help guys! I am checking all your suggestions and tips out now!

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsofbones View Post
    Thanks for the help guys! I am checking all your suggestions and tips out now!
    You're server is high pop, witch makes a big difference inn sertain gold methods.

The most used, and known gold making method is Shuffling ores, everyone does it, so maybe not so good on high pop, but check youre servers AH prices first.

Buy cheap ores>prospect>make DE food witch you disenchant>make gems or Ilvl 450 JC items>make enchant scrolls.

Can also use alchemy and trasmute gems etc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirtus View Post
    I thought you were belittling earning 20k/hour... (I'm not native english speaker.)

If you read what I wrote then you will see I said IS DECENT. If you dont understand what was written then its puzzling why you should comment.

Riski:
    Susan Express is your friend

But if you dont want to get baned:
    If all els fail...gold farm. Stay on one spot and keep killing the same exacting again and again till you get the gold you want
    They said its legal and a part of the game.

Or if you are inteligent enough:
    Work with the auction house. Play with your profession. Know your stuff

Deleted
    LW - Leg enchants

the best way to get money? buy a pet for 50s from a vendor and put it in the ah for 100g.