Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Enough with the complaints about everything in WoW...

    Blizz, while I am sure you think you are better serving your WoW customers by making yourselves so accessible on the forums, twitter, etc., please realize that a huge portion of your player base enjoys the game for what it is, a game. We don't sit and complain about every change you make, every nerf, every buff, every mechanic alteration. We pay our $15 a month, and if we had such a big problem with the game, we would stop paying and play a different game. Too often the feedback pouring out is from people who obviously have invested far too much of their lives and energies into WoW, and I am not talking about casual vs. hardcore, so spare me the QQ.

    Rep is hard in MoP? Get real. Put in a couple of hours each day for a few weeks and you are exalted with all. They gave you commendations at revered even, and you still won't shut up about it. Ironically, these same people who are whining about how hard rep is will keep taking their handouts in the form of system changes and will spend even more time on alts and sitting in Org/SW. Don't cave in. Rep is fine.

    LFR doesn't give loot? Get realer. Gather some real data about how long it is taking chars to gear out and put this to rest. Raiding used to be completely inaccessible to a majority of players, and LFR fixed that. The whole point of LFR in the first place was to SHOW CONTENT, not gear out. That has been stated numerous times. Now, somehow, it is evolving to whinefest if someone doesn't get an item each week. Don't cave in. LFR is fine.

    The way each expansion keeps adding more and more convenience items for those who will never truly be satisfied, I would expect that by the time we are visiting Argus to talk to Mr. Sargeras, all I will have to do, as a 10 hour a week player myself, is push X or ENTER at the correct time indicated on the screen to level to 100 and get my loot. World of Warcraft: Uncharted Call of Duty, I can see it now. Please, don't cave in. Listen to feedback all you want, but gather real data and listen to the majority, not the loudest talkers.

  2. #2
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    I wish the mods on these forums would step up and just lock all the threads full of people crying about their favourite game.
    it really is getting beyond a joke. Mmo-champ forums used to be so much better. Now it seems to have been taken over by hand fed gamers who cry whenever they dont get something they want, or something is too hard for them.
    Just lock the damn threads. Yeah its all about opinion, problem is they think its fact.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    Just lock the damn threads. Yeah its all about opinion, problem is they think its fact.
    I disagree. Not only would locking every complaint thread be a knee-jerk reaction, many of them also include valuable discussion and ideas.

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire tidus4eva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    C'thuns Stomach
    Posts
    388
    I still can't believe people are arguing to REMOVE flying mounts. Has the game really become that good that we can start removing quality of life things?

    This is how I see their argument: "I see the iPhone has GPS feature, but I want to use a book, so take GPS out of every iPhone device so I can go back to using paper maps!"
    "This is my story,
    It'll go the way I want,
    Or I'll end it here!" - Tidus (FFX)

  5. #5
    Blizzard actually kind of likes all the bitching. It means the game means a lot to people, even underneath all their harsh words.

    Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    I still can't believe people are arguing to REMOVE flying mounts. Has the game really become that good that we can start removing quality of life things?

    This is how I see their argument: "I see the iPhone has GPS feature, but I want to use a book, so take GPS out of every iPhone device so I can go back to using paper maps!"
    Not really, there's logic in removing flying mounts. They made the entire experience of the game into a different experience. I don't think it's possible to remove them at this point, and I dreamed for years of what WOW would be like when we could fly, but I miss how the game was designed before they came along turned the game into basically being a Fedex delievery man in Alaska with pointed ears.

    What used to be you picking your way through forests towards that mountain on the horizon with twists and turns hiding who knows what around the next bend in the road became AFK while you autofly in one direction. Imagine how boring the Lord of the Rings would have been if Frodo just took an Eagle from his doorstep to Mount Doom. People don't pay money to fly to other countries just so they can admire the scenery from the window of their airplane. They want to get out of that plane and experience a place, and that's really what the argument over flying mounts is about, the sense of a place.

    I don't agree that flying should be gone, but I don't like the way people ignore the view point of other people just because they disagree. Restrictions are necessary for all kinds of things that would never work if you left it int he hands of the player to choose if they wanted them or not.

    The worst part about flying to me was how it made zone designs in WOW look like giant bowls of relay points instead of adventures designed for you to experience from the road. As long as they don't go back to that, I'm fine with them being saved for when you get to endgame in every expansion.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    And come on down and check out our WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  6. #6
    Legendary! Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    6,280
    I love you OP, excellent points.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    I wish the mods on these forums would step up and just lock all the threads full of people crying about their favourite game.
    it really is getting beyond a joke. Mmo-champ forums used to be so much better. Now it seems to have been taken over by hand fed gamers who cry whenever they dont get something they want, or something is too hard for them.
    Just lock the damn threads. Yeah its all about opinion, problem is they think its fact.
    Are mods in here are great, But I wish they would remove & lock those threads as they bring in the haters & trolls and cause problems, but also alot of those threads do have good converstations in them aswell, Like I enjoy Jaylock's thread there good threads have a lot of good discussions in them and thats what happens on a forum, even if his thread titles are kinda iffy the rest is fine. Just ones that are obvious flame bait & trolling should be locked.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-01-19 at 04:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    I wish the mods on these forums would step up and just lock all the threads full of people crying about their favourite game.
    it really is getting beyond a joke. Mmo-champ forums used to be so much better. Now it seems to have been taken over by hand fed gamers who cry whenever they dont get something they want, or something is too hard for them.
    Just lock the damn threads. Yeah its all about opinion, problem is they think its fact.
    yea we should have the mods lock every thread that has anything negative to say about ANY game.

    while i agree a lot of "complaint" threads are troll threads or flame bait some of them actually have some meaningful ideas and discussions

  8. #8
    I am not even speaking to the whine posts themselves, but rather, to the reaction they actually get from Blizz. For whatever reason, it seems like a very small number of very vocal individuals seem to be sucking a lot of energy from GMs and getting their way. I just want Blizz to know how content everyone I know actually is.

  9. #9
    Stood in the Fire gurv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Darkspear stronghold
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherInternetOpinion View Post
    I wish the mods on these forums would step up and just lock all the threads full of people crying about their favourite game.
    it really is getting beyond a joke. Mmo-champ forums used to be so much better. Now it seems to have been taken over by hand fed gamers who cry whenever they dont get something they want, or something is too hard for them.
    Just lock the damn threads. Yeah its all about opinion, problem is they think its fact.
    The forums are equally polluted by people like you complaining about complainers.

  10. #10
    you came here to complain about complaining. that's metacomplaining. or complainception lol

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    you came here to complain about complaining. that's metacomplaining. or complainception lol
    So the only valid post is a complaint against the game itself? I did point out how reps and LFR are fine in my opinion. So instead of just browsing the forums tearing other posts, I did at least bring some degree of positivity.

  12. #12
    Well, it's a damn good thing you made this post; Blizzard was thinking about throwing in the towel before they saw it.

    Just joshin' ya. I agree with pretty much every point you made; good to see a nice "thank you letter" of sorts to Blizzard too.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGonz View Post
    So the only valid post is a complaint against the game itself? I did point out how reps and LFR are fine in my opinion. So instead of just browsing the forums tearing other posts, I did at least bring some degree of positivity.
    complaining about complaining is a valid form of complaining, though it may be hypocritical. so you can complain, but other people shouldn't?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Not really, there's logic in removing flying mounts..
    There is no logic in removing flying mounts. Those that don't want them simply shouldn't use them, now that is logic.

  15. #15
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    Thank you all for proving my point with your useful words.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,367
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGonz View Post
    so spare me the QQ.
    Irony, asking to be spared the QQ on a QQ post.

  17. #17
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,782
    People complain because they love the game, and want it to be better. People are so invested in the game, and many see the game as it is degrading and changing. People do not not complain because they want the game to die, but because they believe that "remove flying mounts" and "remove LFR" and "make dungeons harder" would make the game better.

  18. #18
    I will complain about people complaining about people complaining about wow ...

    There is not much you can do about people complaining, I usually just ignore such complaints as most of them are irrelevant and will have no impact on the game what so ever. Complaining leads to more complaining so please, stop it.

  19. #19
    The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    215
    Its hilarious really, justifying others peoples opinions as though they were fact.

  20. #20
    take it or leave it <3 blizzard isent going too change anything so why bother?

    My MaL http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Draknalor For The Glory Of Ecchi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •