Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Most gear-dependant spec?

What spec scales the best with gear/is the most gear dependant? Fury Warrior? Fire Mage? Also heard Hunter and Warlocks should have some pretty good scaling..?

Deleted
    Most Hunters i've seen really depend on their ilvl.

Boomkin druid

Not sure if their are any heavily gear dependant classes/specs left....

It used to be the case because of resources or procs but Blizzard removed those things because it just created trouble

Deleted
    Hunters. One word.

Deleted
    Not a dps class but BrM monks seem to scale very well with gear being by far the worst tanks at low gear levels and amazing at high.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    fire mage would be the obvious one imo

10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely think Fire Mages or Fury Warriors.

Fury's most dependent on weapon upgrades, fire's most dependent on overall gear level.

Any class that depends on haste breakpoints or crit.

Deleted
    I thought every class was gear dependant

To answer this question take a look at 80lvl twinks. They get super high ratings on secondary stats, this way being super-overgeared. And you'll see that fire mages get the most epic overdrive. Like soloing Algalon.

Theres a reason at the end of every expansion you see fire mages and fury warriors dominating the meters in BiS gear.

Boomkins IMO, My spriest was a pain to get to the haste break point at first as well. But from what i hear it sucks being a low geared boomie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepydeath View Post
    Hunters. One word.

Hunters have always and still is the only class that scales very bad. Only Marksmen getts better with good gear. But the spec is shit anways atm so dosent matter.

The only good change they made towards this is that u get 15% ap from everything instead of a set amount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by defer09 View Post
    Any class that depends on haste breakpoints or crit.
    This, I'd say elemental aswell...but as we always scale meh with new gear it isn't as close as a firemage for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Relive View Post
    Hunters have always and still is the only class that scales very bad. Only Marksmen getts better with good gear. But the spec is shit anways atm so dosent matter.

The only good change they made towards this is that u get 15% ap from everything instead of a set amount.
    You are confusing bad with mediocre...just because you don't get a 20k dps increase from a new weapon doesn't mean you scale bad.

Dunno, mage / boomie perhaps

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post

You are confusing bad with mediocre...just because you don't get a 20k dps increase from a new weapon doesn't mean you scale bad.
    You are confusing mediocre with bad. Relive is 100% correct in his statement.
    An example would be Cataclysm.
    First tier: Survival way over every specc cause of great talents/passives providing us with 15% more agility and our lovely AotH that gave us around 2k attackpower. That's a headstart no other class got and we reigned supreme.

Next tier: Survival did not scale for shits, static Attackpower being one reason, but having our shots scale with attackpower aswell. Marksman took over as the best specc due to more gear = abit better scaling, but still not terribly good. middle of the pack as it's known.

Last tier. Marksman supreme in the first months untill survival got a well deserved buff. Still we were sat out on the attackpowerbuff in Dragon soul that made us fall behind by ALOT. What was their reasoning? Yeah, gear will fix it. and they admitted in the very last months of DS that Hunters were behind so they buffed up by around 10% (Which we would've had if we were to recieve the AP buff in Ds aswell)

Surprise surprise we scale bad with gear, and you can kiss my posterior good sire.

On Topic: Fury warriors depends on weapons alot and other parts of gear aswell.
    Last edited by mmocec14909945; 2013-01-20 at 07:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boomkin. No contest.

Deleted
    Boomkins.. they havent even started to scale yet =). from what i read pre launch it was predicted that boomkins would not start reaching proper haste/crit before tier15 normal bis.

Though i havent read up on boomkin theory craft after launch as a last minute change was made and i went mage. Witch brings me to another strong contender, Fire mage. I dont know if they classify as gear dependant in the same sense as boomkins. Boomkins needs gear, even more than available atm, while fire mages just scales so insane.