Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is there a point to pairing me with Spanish/Portuguese people?

I appreciate multiculturalism as much as the next non-racist person, but I find it kind of difficult to explain dungeon strats to people who keep asking me "que?" and "portugues por favor".

I know a little bit of Spanish but I have no idea how to say "our entire group will get mind controlled this fight so we have to clear the room first", etc.

LFR pairing is kind of silly atm.

Deleted
    "O nosso grupo inteiro vai ser mentalmente controlado nesta luta, por isso nós temos de limpar a sala primeiro." - In Portuguese, you're welcome.

Though, American or European servers? If European, talk in English, the Portuguese do understand it.

American servers, East coast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    "O nosso grupo inteiro vai ser mentalmente controlado nesta luta, por isso nós temos de limpar a sala primeiro." - In Portuguese, you're welcome.

Though, American or European servers? If European, talk in English, the Portuguese do understand it.
    They're the NA Brazillian servers.

| PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

Deleted
    So, Brazilians then. Don't know about their attitude with foreigner languages, sorry.

Wow, that's a pretty long sentence to say "you're welcome"

Deleted
    So, Brazilians then. Don't know about their attitude with foreigner languages, sorry.
    yh brazillians barely speak portuguese correctly, let alone english. U just have to use a translator addon or smthing.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 04:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    HAHA OMG/10 chars

Infracted. Please don't nation bash.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-19 at 06:38 PM.

Isnt everyone in the US required to take 2 foreign language courses in highschool and then 2 more in College? I know I was. 3 courses in HS and then 3 more in College. Spanish is a joke to learn. You will easily know enough to say "El fuego es muy malo"

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Isnt everyone in the US required to take 2 foreign language courses in highschool and then 2 more in College? I know I was. 3 courses in HS and then 3 more in College. Spanish is a joke to learn. You will easily know enough to say "El fuego es muy malo"
    It was only one foreign language in secondary which, if you took AP courses, could allow you to test out of university levels for me. And they didn't count native languages as a foreign language either <.<
    So ya, Spanish is easy to learn etc etc but if said person only took French and German or Chinese and Japanese, they took their foreign languages and still don't speak Spanish, not that it would help you one bit when you are trying to talk with BRazilians lol.

Deleted
    Brazilian people and they talk portuguese. I'm not sure about how many Brazilian or Spanish realms you guys have but here in Europe Spanish people get paired with other Spanish people and the portuguese are in such a few number that we can't really have a personal queue which is normal for most european countries and I agree since we can (I like and have no problem to) talk in english.
    Last edited by mmoce2532cddcf; 2013-01-19 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    I don't mind anyone from another culture as long as they speak english or atleast attempt to. Not because "We're number one!" or anything like that, but with english considered pretty mandatory for worldwide communication, it's really frustrating to be expected to communicate in a foreign language. I don't speak any foreign languages and the few times I've been asked to, i've used google translate. Usually that, however, ends up with me getting laughed at or mocked. That really brings me to the point of frustration since not only do the other party refuse to communicate in a recognized official language, they dare mock me for atleast attempting to meet them half way to communicate with them in THEIR language.

But it's just been an unfortunate string of bad apples. I'm sure 99% will be more than happy to speak english - if atleast in primitive form - if asked nicely or be respectful when you try to meet them half way using an online translator. I've just been exposed to that 1% 14 times in a row, but I still hang in there! =)

Good luck!
    Last edited by mmoc1f48e0f23e; 2013-01-19 at 04:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daagar View Post
    You got me there.

damn brazillians giving us spanish/portuguese players bad rep XD
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that if we were in our own group only by language and didn't mix with you guys, we would have like 5 hour queue times because there wouldn't be enough players. So, that's your reason. It wouldn't be at all fair to us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    The problem is that if we were in our own group only by language and didn't mix with you guys, we would have like 5 hour queue times because there wouldn't be enough players. So, that's your reason. It wouldn't be at all fair to us.
    Yeah, but see.. by that post alone you just verified that you're not part of the problem, you're part of the sollution. You obviously communicate in english and can thus contribute in any discussion of tactics and such. You're the kind of person anyone would LOVE to have in their LFR, even if only for your ability to communicate. I'm sure you're also a great player, but the communication can often be key.

The problem is not YOU, it's the ones who're NOT like you and who refuse to BE more like you =D

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Either way it's not going to be fair for anyone. It's the nature of the beast. That's why LFD is a cesspool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I appreciate multiculturalism as much as the next non-racist person,
    So anyone who doesn't like multiculturalism and all the problems it is creating for various European countries is a racist?
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasperio View Post
    Yeah, but see.. by that post alone you just verified that you're not part of the problem, you're part of the sollution. You obviously communicate in english and can thus contribute in any discussion of tactics and such. You're the kind of person anyone would LOVE to have in their LFR, even if only for your ability to communicate. I'm sure you're also a great player, but the communication can often be key.

The problem is not YOU, it's the ones who're NOT like you and who refuse to BE more like you =D
    But you know something, it's actually a very small amount of people on Latin servers who actually use LFD/R.

It's funny that people have this idea that doing dungeons the old fashioned way somehow makes people better players, but then those are usually the first people who call Latin/Brazillian players total noobs. It's funny because most people on our servers don't even use LFR or LFD, due to the language barrier, we tend to make groups the old fashioned way and go out to the instances via flight paths and mounts. In that and a lot of other ways, we're kind of like updated "vanilla" servers

Deleted
    Don't, DON'T compare us portuguese with the brazilian please. It's an offense. They can't speak english because they don't even know how to speak portuguese...sad but true.

Infracted. Please don't nation bash.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-01-19 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    So anyone who doesn't like multiculturalism and all the problems it is creating for various European countries is a racist?
    If you're taking offense to small statements like that, odds are, you happen to be.