Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    *SPOILER ALERT FOR SWORD ART ONLINE*

Sword Art Online 15-24. Almost everything I hate about anime, compacted into 10 episodes of a good anime that could have been a great anime but had to go and screw it up. If I ever watch Sword Art Online again, I will skip from 14 to 25 without a single hesitation.

Examples:
    Quasi-incestuous (not actually blood-related but still siblings) romance
    In Japan cousin-romance is not considered to be incestuous, so I don't think they were doing it to go for an edgy/pervy theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    My main pet peeve in the animangu department is when they speak something not american because I cant understand them and when people tell me to read subtitles I tell them that I am not here to watch a book.
    Maybe you weren't trying to be funny, but I almost cracked up in the middle of a dead silent computer lab. Thanks.

OT:
    Sudden, vague endings. Maybe trying to be artsy / mysterious, but in reality it's just a giant plot cliff. i.e Elfen Lied.
    Last edited by Monolith of Mazes; 2013-01-23 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    Unfortunately, dubs like that are few and far between. They're mostly just irritating.
    Most dubs are like that if you aren't watching seriously. Steins;Gate and TWGOK are irritating because Skelington and others watched and enjoyed them first, but other ones like DMWL and PSWG are pretty funny. And every hentai ever is better with dubs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    In Japan cousin-romance is not considered to be incestuous, so I don't think they were doing it to go for an edgy/pervy theme.
    The show left you thinking they were brother and sister until the second to last episode gave it a cop-out. The only reason that happened is because sibling incest is considered too indecent to be used in japanese media. SAO doesn't really need any theme to be any edgier though, not that incest is an edgy theme.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2013-01-23 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    The show left you thinking they were brother and sister until the second to last episode gave it a cop-out. The only reason that happened is because sibling incest is considered too indecent to be used in japanese media. SAO doesn't really need any theme to be any edgier though, not that incest is an edgy theme.
    Öhm, Kirito told Silica in episode 4 that his sister is actually his cousin

EDIT: I guess my biggest pet peeve are anime-only endings or changed stuff in episodes (for example in recent One Piece episodes, the anime made Hody look like a real danger to Luffy while in the manga he was curbstomped)
    Last edited by Vocah; 2013-01-24 at 08:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    but other ones like DMWL and PSWG are pretty funny.
    Never have i heard the c-bomb dropped in an anime before PSWG. Everything about that dub was glorious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just remembered how much i loathe bad accents in anime too. I just watched Ghost Hunt, despite being one of the worst series ive ever watched, the supposed Australian accent was the most embarrassing thing ive ever heard and somehow made it even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Why would you guys ruin your anime with dubs? :<
    Really depends what you first seen the show with, take for example Black lagoon dubbed Revy sounds like a complete badass and watching it subbed she even swears politely
    also Hellsing and Ghost in the shell I cant help but watch it dubbed the voice actors do such good work
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Male leads who happen to be portrayed as utterly useless, boring, and/or generally unappealing to make the rest of the cast more colourful.

Male leads who happen to embody all of the above and yet still be supermodel magnets. Just no.

Distressed damsels whose contribution to the plot begins and ends with this seemingly innate need to be saved at least eight times per season.

Invincible villains devoid of enigmatism who fall only when the plot inevitably makes them stupid.

Heroes who make the mantra "I will protect you/her/them/it/my friends/the world" their recurring catchphrase. Once is enough.

Ass pulls out of nowhere, be it random powerups or...

Contrived coincidences, like a minor alcoholic character showing up to shoot the bad guy in a drunken haze because the two leads (pointing their guns at him) can't be allowed to kill anyone...

Among others.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-01-25 at 12:26 AM.

Deleted
    Most annoying thing about anime are the weeaboos that come with it, like half this thread, who complain about people who watch dubs.
    You're basically anime hipster trash.

You watch dubbed anime? Ermagerd I'm watching the original ones with the language that i cannot understand but listen to anyway because i think it makes me edgy and cool. Just stfu you dirty dirty hipster.

I watch whichever one is available in the best quality. I dont care if its Jap because i cant understand it anyway, you could put a toddler on there making noises and you wannabe otakus probably wouldnt even notice.

I will accept whatever ban I get for putting you in your place.

---------- Post added 2013-01-25 at 01:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vocah View Post
    Öhm, Kirito told Silica in episode 4 that his sister is actually his cousin

EDIT: I guess my biggest pet peeve are anime-only endings or changed stuff in episodes (for example in recent One Piece episodes, the anime made Hody look like a real danger to Luffy while in the manga he was curbstomped)
    I dont know which imaginary manga you've been reading, but all of the fishmen island opponents have been total pushovers in the manga. All of them bar Hody were beating in practically one attack. Hody got bitchslapped several times and got like ONE bite in.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-01-25 at 12:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    yea, that's what just happened...

10+ Year Old Account
    Too many people dying and too many people living. DTB was really enjoyable until I watched the Gaiden and Gemini, then I was just really sad (And a bit angry). Stuff like one piece where they manage to kill ONE supporting character after going at it for some 500 episodes gets somewhat irksome. The voice actors for dubs caused me to quit watching dubbed anime five years ago thanks to voice actors like her. Series that cut short drive me nuts (I'm still upset over Beelzebub getting an arc cut down into 3 episodes then cancelled). Every single character in Toradora! have pissed me off so much that I am never watching that series again. Main characters that have no self-confidence that like to wallow in self-pity also make me quite angry, I want them to either get over it or be replaced with someone who isn't such a damn crybaby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea... she's the one that turned Himeko into a valley girl in pani poni *shakes fist*

the trouble with the dub actors is there's like only 10 of them, so every character in every series sounds the same, its like watching Family Guy, I shudder just thinking about it

Bad CGI, characters who can stand still in the open with 30 machine guns firing at them and avoid getting hit, distorted character models of any kind purely because there was a gag of some sort, lack of blood and gore despite serious injuries/death, and ordered chapters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Too many people dying and too many people living. DTB was really enjoyable until I watched the Gaiden and Gemini, then I was just really sad (And a bit angry). Stuff like one piece where they manage to kill ONE supporting character after going at it for some 500 episodes gets somewhat irksome. The voice actors for dubs caused me to quit watching dubbed anime five years ago thanks to voice actors like her. Series that cut short drive me nuts (I'm still upset over Beelzebub getting an arc cut down into 3 episodes then cancelled). Every single character in Toradora! have pissed me off so much that I am never watching that series again. Main characters that have no self-confidence that like to wallow in self-pity also make me quite angry, I want them to either get over it or be replaced with someone who isn't such a damn crybaby.
    For One Piece it's just that until now Oda made a change on how he does things so he'll kill characters off. He talked about leaving villains alive after they're defeated because it's worse than dying because they failed. Characters in One Piece will probably die a lot more often now since he seems to be taking a realistic approach within the limits of the One Piece universe.

I dont know which imaginary manga you've been reading, but all of the fishmen island opponents have been total pushovers in the manga. All of them bar Hody were beating in practically one attack. Hody got bitchslapped several times and got like ONE bite in.
    EXACTLY. And now watch the Anime Luffy vs Hody fight after they are in the water... you will facepalm yourself too unconciousness because it's so stupid

Most annoying thing about anime are the weeaboos that come with it, like half this thread, who complain about people who watch dubs.
    You're basically anime hipster trash.

You watch dubbed anime? Ermagerd I'm watching the original ones with the language that i cannot understand but listen to anyway because i think it makes me edgy and cool. Just stfu you dirty dirty hipster.

I watch whichever one is available in the best quality. I dont care if its Jap because i cant understand it anyway, you could put a toddler on there making noises and you wannabe otakus probably wouldnt even notice.

I know you're banned but, this was hilarious, thanks for the laugh. People against original audio seem to forget subs exist.

tits with mouths are what bothers me the most... cannot stand it. sadly, most anime has at least 3 chicks like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where the bad salad is kept crisp on ice.
    Poor, lazy animation

Excluding most shaft works because they know to be lazy and still make things look incredible
    Quote Originally Posted by pucGG View Post
    He's riding to work, he's not escaping from a star destroyer