1. #1

    Soulburn+Soulswap bugging anyone else?

    Lately i've got some annnoying bug (probably caused by latency) that does so that i cant use soulburn and soulswap right after eachother (if i do it too fast the normal soulswap triggers and gives me a cooldown on SW if i got the glyph or just removes dots if i dont) i've never really used the macro so i just press the 2 keybindings quickly..

    This for some reason happens mostly on Wind lord mel'jarak when multi doting..

    any ideas?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

  2. #2
    It sounds a bit like you're on a GCD and you trigger soulburn without the soulswap, and then I imagine you lose the soulburn effect on something else, such as SoC or COE without realizing in the heat of battle. I never (ever) use the soulswap glyph, so I can't say I've ever experienced a similar issue.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    It sounds a bit like you're on a GCD and you trigger soulburn without the soulswap, and then I imagine you lose the soulburn effect on something else, such as SoC or COE without realizing in the heat of battle. I never (ever) use the soulswap glyph, so I can't say I've ever experienced a similar issue.
    nah its not that, my "normal" soulswap triggers at the same time as i expected the soul burned soulswap sometimes it feels like the game didnt register my soulburn before my soulswap lol
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

  4. #4
    You're probably actually experiencing an SoC bug which is easily reproduced. If an SoC is in the air when you SB, you'll instant-cast SB:SoC when the next SoC explodes. Go ahead and try it on a dummy. Also seems to SB:SoC at some other odd times, not quite sure on the exact behavior in AoE situations, but it's problematic enough to stop me from trying to SB:SS on important targets under AoE unless I've had to stop and tap after my last SoC casts.

    I was confounded by this for what felt like ages until I realized I only had issues around using SoC and pulling my dots off a target. Particularly problematic on Mel'jarak.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    You're probably actually experiencing an SoC bug which is easily reproduced. If an SoC is in the air when you SB, you'll instant-cast SB:SoC when the next SoC explodes. Go ahead and try it on a dummy. Also seems to SB:SoC at some other odd times, not quite sure on the exact behavior in AoE situations, but it's problematic enough to stop me from trying to SB:SS on important targets under AoE unless I've had to stop and tap after my last SoC casts.

    I was confounded by this for what felt like ages until I realized I only had issues around using SoC and pulling my dots off a target. Particularly problematic on Mel'jarak.
    ahh that could solve my problem on mel'jarak thanks! But not only in aoe situations do i have this problem, even on single target my soulburn+SW tends to not "register" my soulburn basicaly... it's kinda weird and i tried to intentionaly trigger it on a training dummy, sometimes it happened sometimes it didn't can't really figure out what it is..

    oh btw i also wondered why a soulburned SoC sometimes is instant, u explained me, thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    You're probably actually experiencing an SoC bug which is easily reproduced. If an SoC is in the air when you SB, you'll instant-cast SB:SoC when the next SoC explodes. Go ahead and try it on a dummy. Also seems to SB:SoC at some other odd times, not quite sure on the exact behavior in AoE situations, but it's problematic enough to stop me from trying to SB:SS on important targets under AoE unless I've had to stop and tap after my last SoC casts.

    I was confounded by this for what felt like ages until I realized I only had issues around using SoC and pulling my dots off a target. Particularly problematic on Mel'jarak.
    It is more simple than that. If one of your SOCs detonates while the Soul Burn buff is active, the buff will be consumed and an instant SB:SOC will be cast. This bug was reported a few months back by a warlock from Envy on the EU forums. I can only suggest that people open tickets about this so that Blizzard notices.

    As for the OP, are you sure you're not hitting SB a bit too fast while still on GCD from your previous Soul Swap, effectively casting only Soul Swap when GCD has ended and not SB:SS ?

  7. #7
    Bloodsail Admiral Palmz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Colorado, USA
    Posts
    1,172
    Yeah, it's really annoying atm. I wasn't experiencing this in 5.2 PTR so I hope this doesn't last long. I spoke to a GM about it three weeks ago and they said they were working on a fix. It's extra annoying in challenge modes, so much that I stopped playing affliction all together.

    The Soul Shard is supposed to be spent when you release your SB:SoC but right now the Soul Shard is actually spent when it lands on the target. If you spend a shard on SB:SoC and then SB:SS immediately to a target not only does it soul swap exhale the target, the soul shard you spent on that SoC no longer will apply corruption on all targets, wast a soul shard, and possibly two. Big DPS loss right now.

    Idk about this going on for a few months now. I'm pretty sure the bug came with 5.1.
    Palmz - Warlock
    Imminent
    Blackdawn
    Eternal Reign
    Infallible
    Duality

  8. #8
    I have this happen to me, but it's just because I pressed Soulburn before its GCD was up and didn't realize it. It does have a separate GCD from your other abilities, so it's not as easy to notice when you do this if you're Soul Swapping a bunch of targets in a row.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethesh View Post
    It is more simple than that. If one of your SOCs detonates while the Soul Burn buff is active, the buff will be consumed and an instant SB:SOC will be cast. This bug was reported a few months back by a warlock from Envy on the EU forums. I can only suggest that people open tickets about this so that Blizzard notices.
    That makes a good deal of sense, and yeah, the bug reports are piling up. I can't imagine what kind of coding issue their stuck on. In the meantime we can make a couple of instant-cast SoCs on Mel then? hah.

    Quote Originally Posted by Palmz View Post
    Yeah, it's really annoying atm. I wasn't experiencing this in 5.2 PTR so I hope this doesn't last long. I spoke to a GM about it three weeks ago and they said they were working on a fix. It's extra annoying in challenge modes, so much that I stopped playing affliction all together.

    The Soul Shard is supposed to be spent when you release your SB:SoC but right now the Soul Shard is actually spent when it lands on the target. If you spend a shard on SB:SoC and then SB:SS immediately to a target not only does it soul swap exhale the target, the soul shard you spent on that SoC no longer will apply corruption on all targets, wast a soul shard, and possibly two. Big DPS loss right now.

    Idk about this going on for a few months now. I'm pretty sure the bug came with 5.1.
    This... doesn't make any sense. The shard is consumed casting SB, not the ability that follows. I'm seeing SB consume a shard on cast, and SB:SoC consuming SB at the end of the cast. Tried testing casting SB, SoC and snapping SS on the end of the cast to reproduce what you're talking about, but no SB:SS is being cast. With SB:SoC immediately followed by SB:SS, I'm seeing detonation follow just fine, with corr on all targets and SS exhaled on the primary target.

  10. #10
    wow some of those experiences u guys point out i haven't experienced.. But i do like to see that it's not just me whos got the SB:SS problem.. About the GCD before trickering a Sb:SS - this should not happen as i am using the SB first which makes my next SS apply all 3 dots, a GCD should not be able to remove the SB buff (pretty common sence). The whole bug lies in applying SS with an active SB sometimes doesn't register the SB if done too quickly.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

  11. #11
    Very very simple cause and solution for this issue. The spell queue system is the cause. If you try to SB:SS while you're casting something, Soul Swap will be queued by the system, and SB will not because its off the GCD. Doing this on an instant cast isn't an issue because SB will just active while the GCD is going, and SW will go right after the GCD stops. Haunt has a cast time however, so if you try to SB:SW while Haunt is casting, you'll end up ripping all your dots off the target. Hitting SB:SW during MG channel is still ok, SB will just end the channel, and be cast before SB.

    Simple solution, wait for Haunt to finish casting completely before you cast SB:SW.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ignocia View Post
    wow some of those experiences u guys point out i haven't experienced.. But i do like to see that it's not just me whos got the SB:SS problem.. About the GCD before trickering a Sb:SS - this should not happen as i am using the SB first which makes my next SS apply all 3 dots, a GCD should not be able to remove the SB buff (pretty common sence). The whole bug lies in applying SS with an active SB sometimes doesn't register the SB if done too quickly.
    I've never had this issue, nor have I heard of it happening. The only issue I know of with SB:SW is the one I detailed above.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Very very simple cause and solution for this issue. The spell queue system is the cause. If you try to SB:SS while you're casting something, Soul Swap will be queued by the system, and SB will not because its off the GCD. Doing this on an instant cast isn't an issue because SB will just active while the GCD is going, and SW will go right after the GCD stops. Haunt has a cast time however, so if you try to SB:SW while Haunt is casting, you'll end up ripping all your dots off the target. Hitting SB:SW during MG channel is still ok, SB will just end the channel, and be cast before SB.

    Simple solution, wait for Haunt to finish casting completely before you cast SB:SW.
    This makes sence tho, gonna try it out tomorrow.

    same counts for CoE BTW.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

  13. #13
    Quoting myself form another similar thread
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    All those problems with Soulburn, Soul Swap and the combination of both could be fixed by giving us a new spell which innately uses a soulshard (like Haunt) to apply all three DoTs to a target at once. This way we could also apply Glyph of Soul Swap without prohibiting the use of Soulburn + Soul Swap for 30 seconds, a major hindrance in the application of the Glyph in my oppinion.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    Quoting myself form another similar thread

    You should probably post that on the Blizzard forums. Its a good idea, and they might consider it.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    You should probably post that on the Blizzard forums. Its a good idea, and they might consider it.
    Good idea indeed.

  16. #16
    This is an issue related to Seed of Corruption.

    SoC and SB:SS have known issues, most commonly experienced on Wind Lord and Amber Shaper. If you have an active SoC on a target and then use Soulburn, if the SoC detonates whilst you have the Soulburn effect it will consume the Soulburn effect and fire an instant, off the global cooldown SB:SOC at your current target. This means that when you then go to use Soul Swap, you don't have Soulburn anymore, so you instead Inhale the DoTs off of your current target.

    So, for example:

    You cast SoC on a target. The enemy target now has the Seed of Corruption DoT on it.

    You activate Soulburn.

    Your Seed of Corruption explodes as normal. At the exact same time, your Soulburn buff disappears, and your character instantly fires a Soulburn: Seed of Corruption at your current target, off the global cooldown and with no cast time.

    You then press Soul Swap. You don't have Soulburn anymore, so you inhale your DoTs off of the target.


    You can test this very easily by Dotting up a dummy, then cast a normal Seed of Corruption on it. Click on another dummy and use Soulburn. Wait. Your first SoC will explode, and then you'll instantly put another SoC onto your current target.

    The only way to avoid this is to make sure you press Soul Swap very quickly after you Soulburn, but that's still not guaranteed to work.

    Edit: Someone already posted this, never mind.
    Last edited by EvreliaGaming; 2013-01-21 at 01:04 AM.
    Visit www.warcraftacademy.com for full video guides for all encounters in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Armory Link - ScrubBusters 25 Man World #7

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by evralia View Post
    This is an issue related to Seed of Corruption.

    SoC and SB:SS have known issues, most commonly experienced on Wind Lord and Amber Shaper. If you have an active SoC on a target and then use Soulburn, if the SoC detonates whilst you have the Soulburn effect it will consume the Soulburn effect and fire an instant, off the global cooldown SB:SOC at your current target. This means that when you then go to use Soul Swap, you don't have Soulburn anymore, so you instead Inhale the DoTs off of your current target.

    So, for example:

    You cast SoC on a target. The enemy target now has the Seed of Corruption DoT on it.

    You activate Soulburn.

    Your Seed of Corruption explodes as normal. At the exact same time, your Soulburn buff disappears, and your character instantly fires a Soulburn: Seed of Corruption at your current target, off the global cooldown and with no cast time.

    You then press Soul Swap. You don't have Soulburn anymore, so you inhale your DoTs off of the target.


    You can test this very easily by Dotting up a dummy, then cast a normal Seed of Corruption on it. Click on another dummy and use Soulburn. Wait. Your first SoC will explode, and then you'll instantly put another SoC onto your current target.

    The only way to avoid this is to make sure you press Soul Swap very quickly after you Soulburn, but that's still not guaranteed to work.

    Edit: Someone already posted this, never mind.
    Thanks for the explanation, this made much more sence. I uploaded a video yesterday showing how the bug with SoC works.

    http://www.youtube.com/user/Blazefurytv?feature=mhee - Warlock Guides, Solo old content, small guides, raid footage and much more!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •