Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    10 man logs too.
    This Korean guild "Just Enjoy Your Playing" is devastating everyone in pretty much all fights. Looking at some of their logs, I'm in a daze. Stone Guard 10H in (1:41)? Elegon 10H (3:45)? Gara'Jal 10H (2:28) 1 tank 1 heal? Just fucking insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Wait wait.. WoL rankings.. matter? I thought that with all the potential bugs, glitches, exploits, and meter padding, WoL is NOT meant to be a measurement of e-peen, but rather a tool to analyze a raid's preformance.
    It matters as much as anything to do with this video game does, like it or not it's all part of the same system and if you're gonna start picking apart certain aspects of the game and saying they don't matter you can effectively bundle the whole lot into it and ask yourself why you even play the game in the first place since realistically none of it matters.

Why do WoL rankings matter, why does WoL matter, why does raid performance matter, why do raids matter, why does gear matter, why do classes matter, why do characters matter, why does world of warcraft matter.

Matter matter matter.

Matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    10 man logs too.
    This Korean guild "Just Enjoy Your Playing" is devastating everyone in pretty much all fights. Looking at some of their logs, I'm in a daze. Stone Guard 10H in (1:41)? Elegon 10H (3:45)? Gara'Jal 10H (2:28) 1 tank 1 heal? Just fucking insane.
    Holy crap.
    That's amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Asians get easy mode +20 item levels making 25mans disproportionally easier and faceroll, ruining 25man ranks unless you disqualify every single one of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Asians get easy mode +20 item levels making 25mans disproportionally easier and faceroll, ruining 25man ranks unless you disqualify every single one of them.
    The raids are also tuned for higher item level, but yes it does ruin the dps/healing rankings on WoL.

+8 item levels for +8% monster HP is a complete joke. Damn ghostcrawler himself said 1 item level is a 2% dps increase.

Asian 25mans are easy as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    +8 item levels for +8% monster HP is a complete joke. Damn ghostcrawler himself said 1 item level is a 2% dps increase.

Asian 25mans are easy as hell.
    Where'd he say that ? I don't remember seeing that quote.
    Realisticly, 1 item level is a 1% increase in stats from the previous item level - however, it scales off of the last item level. So an item with 1K of a stat would go to 1010, 1020.1, 1030.301, 1040.604, 1051.01, 1061.52, 1072.13, 1082.85 and so forth. So getting an extra 8 item levels gives an extra 8.285% stats.

Deleted
    He never said that. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...13375?page=1#1
    Exact quote is "Let's be charitable and assume an ilevel is a 2% DPS increase" just as a rough number to work with.

stats scale exponentially.

If mainstat was the only thing that increased then yes, you would linearly gain +1% dps per item level. secondary stats make scaling exponential.

WoL needs to separate them from the rest of the world, at least when looking at dps and hps rankings. Not only do they have better gear, the bosses also have more HP, which makes it easier to do more dps on fights like elegon or amber shaper (longer execution phase). This needs to happen asap.

they already said they are working to split asia and EU/US rankings, its just time as they have to duplicate all the asian rankings again, I would imagine in a week or so they will have split them and we can compete more fairly for ranks.

its not just that they get better loot, its that they get better loot on a separate lockout so they get all that bonus ilvl from 25m on top of the fact that 25m already gears a lot faster than 10 and come into 10m rankings and just stomp on everyone. cant wait till they get divided up

10+ Year Old Account
    Whining level over9000 detected.
    If you really want to have it, just reroll on KR/TW realms, pay for hours in the game (not for days) and have your 2 lockouts +8 ilvl gear or what else.
    If you have the skill, it won't be a problem about the difference.
    If you don't, you'll keep posting about unfairness blah blah blah.

P.S.: About WoL, I agree for some point that it should be somekind of autotranslator of logs (for example DBM changes it's language according to client, If i'm not wrong).
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-01-20 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    they already said they are working to split asia and EU/US rankings, its just time as they have to duplicate all the asian rankings again, I would imagine in a week or so they will have split them and we can compete more fairly for ranks.
    source? didn't find anything on WoL about this.

Chrome has a translate option that works on WoL spells n such

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    If you really want to have it, just reroll on KR/TW realms, pay for hours in the game (not for days) and have your 2 lockouts +8 ilvl gear or what else.

P.S.: About WoL, I agree for some point that it should be somekind of autotranslator of logs (for example DBM changes it's language according to client, If i'm not wrong).
    You clearly have no clue, so just stop posting. The best of the best players won't be able to compete with the asians because they literally have 8% more stats - it's like, 1.5K agility difference between my hunter and one of theirs in the "same" gear. There's no "if you have the skill, it won't be a problem that there's a difference". You're assuming they're all idiotic imbeciles who can't rank without the help of gear. They're not. They have as many good players we Europe and the US. Thinking that we will be able to keep up with their best skilled players with 8 item levels difference is just dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You clearly have no clue, so just stop posting. The best of the best players won't be able to compete with the asians because they literally have 8% more stats - it's like, 1.5K agility difference between my hunter and one of theirs in the "same" gear. There's no "if you have the skill, it won't be a problem that there's a difference". You're assuming they're all idiotic imbeciles who can't rank without the help of gear. They're not. They have as many good players we Europe and the US. Thinking that we will be able to keep up with their best skilled players with 8 item levels difference is just dumb.
    8% is nothing.
    The translation of TW's Guild butthurt when boss was buffed on damage on hp for 8% was epic. For some reason, nothing changed for them (they got it anyway).
    And I really doubt that Asian guilds will be able to clear next raid content faster then on EU and US.
    It's all about skill first, and for items later. (For example, my guild keeps wiping on spirit kings H even now, in 490+ gear. Yes, I assume we suck. Sadly. If it wasn't for it, we would've already had MV cleared).
    Last edited by Bloodfire; 2013-01-20 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post

So helpful. Too bad you can't realm change from EU to Asian (and I suspect either from US to Asia).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greymalkin View Post
    So helpful. Too bad you can't realm change from EU to Asian (and I suspect either from US to Asia).
    Well, let's take this, you wanted to pay your subscription for hours you play instead of days?

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    It does seem a little unfair. Not only do they get better gear.. but they are also Asian, so just naturally better at video games. And that isn't intended to be racist at all; Asians are statistically better at video games.
    They are not naturally better. The difference is they are not self-obsessed little boys who thinks they game owes them things. They are quite capable of working to achieve their goals without a sense of entitlement that seems to fill the EU and US forums too often.