Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

25man rankings overflowing with Asian players

I never cared much for rankings until recently and there has always been a fair chance to be ranked quite highly if everything worked out in a fight. Also I've never really seen Asian players rank under the top ones, for whatever reason.
    Now, since they started getting better loot in 25man raids the majority of players in the top ranks are Asian players.
    I wouldn't even be mad if it wasn't for these two things:

1) I can't even analyze those logs without problem since all I see are strange symbols. I have to hover over every single spell to even see what it is
    2) It's just not fair. I don't get why they are getting ranked in the same bracket other players are since they obviously have a major advantage

I'll let 2) slide for now since I don't want to start a discussion on what's fair and what's not. But 1) is not okay with me at all.
    WoL is turning into some kind of Asian site on which I can't even read anything of interest besides our own logs. I usually take a look at high-ranked players before boss fights for obvious reasons. And now I need to skip over every single log that has these symbols I can't identify.
    Basically it has always been like this, I know. There were always logs in other languages on those lists but now it's like the English ones are in a minority.

I for one would appreciate a separate ranking for Asian players. I know it kind of sucks but the raiding they do is just too different from ours at this point to justify one single world ranking for everyone.

What do you think?

It does seem a little unfair. Not only do they get better gear.. but they are also Asian, so just naturally better at video games. And that isn't intended to be racist at all; Asians are statistically better at video games.

WoL needs to separate them into their own section.

Not sure there's really much else to say. The problem is only going to get bigger as times goes.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

It's the same on 10man Heroic, almost any Boss and any Class / Spec ranking has #1 by players from an asian server.

They probably should have had 25 man gear reward what is currently the top gear and have their 10 man downgraded a couple ilvls. I'm suprised they went a route to increase the ilvls on what everyone can get.

Deleted
    WoW Progress isn't counting Asians with the rest of the world because of the loot difference, its about time WoL followed.

Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    WoW Progress isn't counting Asians with the rest of the world because of the loot difference, its about time WoL followed.
    Some people, however, use WoL for analytical purposes for bettering their play but as the OP stated it's becoming increasingly harder because the logs aren't in English.

OT: I think this is a pretty legitimate concern and WoL should do something about it.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    It does seem a little unfair. Not only do they get better gear.. but they are also Asian, so just naturally better at video games. And that isn't intended to be racist at all; Asians are statistically better at video games.
    Please forgive my ignorance here, but what were the changes they made that only affeted the Asian servers? I remember reading something a while back, that they were testing something with the Asian servers and raids, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait.. WoL rankings.. matter? I thought that with all the potential bugs, glitches, exploits, and meter padding, WoL is NOT meant to be a measurement of e-peen, but rather a tool to analyze a raid's preformance.

---------- Post added 2013-01-19 at 08:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alteena View Post
    Please forgive my ignorance here, but what were the changes they made that only affeted the Asian servers? I remember reading something a while back, that they were testing something with the Asian servers and raids, but I can't for the life of me remember what they were.
    10/25 man have seperate lockouts, 25 man has 8 higher ilvl gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Or WoL needs to automatically translate regions for English users. That would actually be far more beneficial.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    I think the OP was referring to the Wolk style raiding with separate lockouts for 10 and 25 raiding (and the increased ilvl).

Should this not be at http://forums.worldoflogs.com/ ? rather then here ? as it is a WoL issue

We just learn fast. Not sure about the all Asians but most

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Wait wait.. WoL rankings.. matter? I thought that with all the potential bugs, glitches, exploits, and meter padding, WoL is NOT meant to be a measurement of e-peen, but rather a tool to analyze a raid's preformance.
    It is rather fun to get ranks. Since the whole wow thing is about having fun, WoL ranks matter. There is nothing wrong on it, most of the times encourages better play than simple mettr padding, glitches and exploits are sooner than later filtered. When you have to compete with people with +8 ilvl >and< double lockout, some of that fun is drained away. So there is a bit of a problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Or WoL needs to automatically translate regions for English users. That would actually be far more beneficial.
    this is the only fix necessary. please do it for russian logs as well.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"

I completely agree that asian rankings need to be seperated from EU/US rankings. ESPECIALLY with their higher gear level.

Agree that Asians should be left out of the race - both on wowprogress and world of logs. They are now playing a different game than us. Their full BiS is so much stronger than ours that ranking in the top 200 will truly end up being a feat of extreme skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    looking what high ranked players on wol did in comparison to what you are doing yourself is an absolutely legitimate way to improve personal performance. If everyone ranked happens to be asian this can prove a lot more difficult.
    Anyways they should really just give them their own rankings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drungan View Post
    Should this not be at http://forums.worldoflogs.com/ ? rather then here ? as it is a WoL issue
    Yes, it should. There's already a thread about it though.
    I just posted here because I wanted to know what other people think of this issue. The WoL forums aren't that active, so I posted here.

Deleted
    if you want to translate foreign logs on WoL without having to hover over every spell, try using comparebot and put your log in the last slot. The language of the log in that slot will be used as common denominator.