Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Agree that Asians should be left out of the race - both on wowprogress and world of logs. They are now playing a different game than us. Their full BiS is so much stronger than ours that ranking in the top 200 will truly end up being a feat of extreme skill.
    This.

If it wasn't for the language barrier, we would see many more US/Euro players going to Asian games to play "the real wow" and get "the real gear".

The only thing that's sad in this thread is the implied racism ("Asians are better at video games!"). That's a lot like saying "Americans are better at football" (referring to American football). That's actually true, of course- but it should be obvious as to why- Americans love that sport and there's way more of them playing it way more often. Koreans kicking ass at Starcraft isn't some strange national magic and CERTAINLY not some strange "racial trickery of the yellow man"- it's just that their culture loves and appreciates that skillset, nothing more.

If Asians had some strange leg up on WoW, we'd have seen the Asian guilds all over these sites before, and not merely in proportion to their numbers. The reason Asian guilds are dominating is because they have access to far superior gear compared to US/Euro guilds, nothing more.

So yea, WoL should list them separately. It's a different game with disjoint gear sets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kosechi View Post
    this is the only fix necessary. please do it for russian logs as well.
    Agreed. Throw in the towel and remove US and EU servers from the competitive raiding scene, there is no competing with people that have +8 average itemlevel.
    No but seriously, they should be filtered so that US/EU players do not compare themselves to +8 itemlevel players, it takes the fun out of the competition when we don't have the same tools to play with. Meterwhoring on fights that allow it is one of my reasons for playing a dpsing role, why else would I be joyous about killing the same boss 60 times?
    What is there to learn from a guy with +8 itemlevel anyway? You can read his log and find that his uptimes are identical to yours, only yielding another 15k dps because of the +8.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    1) I can't even analyze those logs without problem since all I see are strange symbols. I have to hover over every single spell to even see what it is ...
    What do you think?
    Without making an educated guess, where you're from - I think you probably come from somewhere where it's pretty normal to think all world should speak English while yourself probably are not being able to speak in even 1 foreign language.
    I mean... come on. It's a gaming site! Why on earth should even those be in English worldwide? This is really ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Well, let's take this, you wanted to pay your subscription for hours you play instead of days?
    Chinese pay like six cents an hour for WoW, I don't know how Tiawan works but I seriously doubt that most Americans would pay more under their pay schemes- pretty sure it would be less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Chinese pay like six cents an hour for WoW, I don't know how Tiawan works but I seriously doubt that most Americans would pay more under their pay schemes- pretty sure it would be less.
    It's like 50$ for 3 months (Though it works like it counts your time in the game).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
    source? didn't find anything on WoL about this.
    Re: asian ranking

Postby Maihem » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 pm
    Jeez, chill out. I'm looking into the separation of the rankings, but it's a bit of a technical hassle.

The current rankings will essentially need to be duplicated for Asian regions. That means another couple million entries. In the current setup, each ranking recalculation run already takes over an hour. That means that while duplicating the rankings shouldn't take more than a day or maybe two of coding, I'm not sure it'll perform well enough for production use.

TL;DR Working on it.

http://forums.worldoflogs.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3769

second or third thread on WoL website. Wasnt hard to find if you went to their forums. I think that covers most of everyones conserns :\

8% is nothing.
    It's quite a bit more than 8% actually, due to the way that stats synergize with each other. Even if it was *just* 8%, that's a hell of a lot. When the top players are all fighting for ranks within 1-2% of each other, 8% will just destroy them all assuming their players are competent (and at that level the skill difference between 1 player and another for dps is miniscule).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozendekay View Post
    It's quite a bit more than 8% actually, due to the way that stats synergize with each other. Even if it was *just* 8%, that's a hell of a lot. When the top players are all fighting for ranks within 1-2% of each other, 8% will just destroy them all assuming their players are competent (and at that level the skill difference between 1 player and another for dps is miniscule).
    Well.
    I don't think we will see any of Asian guilds in top 5 in 5.2.
    Excluding Stars (still remember that first Yogg+0).
    Time will tell.

Well.
    Time will tell.
    I'm not really talking about guild ranking, those are separate already (as they should be).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    They are not naturally better. The difference is they are not self-obsessed little boys who thinks they game owes them things. They are quite capable of working to achieve their goals without a sense of entitlement that seems to fill the EU and US forums too often.
    Bang. Hit the nail on the head.
    That statement sums up the asian players in my guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor2718 View Post
    Without making an educated guess, where you're from - I think you probably come from somewhere where it's pretty normal to think all world should speak English while yourself probably are not being able to speak in even 1 foreign language.
    I mean... come on. It's a gaming site! Why on earth should even those be in English worldwide? This is really ridiculous.
    I'm German. English just is the language most people speak, so I don't even get where you're coming from.
    Last edited by mmocddf8d25f42; 2013-01-21 at 02:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ogFrenikk View Post
    WoW Progress isn't counting Asians with the rest of the world because of the loot difference, its about time WoL followed.
    Wowprogress is counting korean and taiwan guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    I'm German. English just is the language most people speak, so I don't even get where you're coming from.

U would be surprised how many people in world speak chineese/other asian languages then.

Deleted
    It's a good thing ranks mean nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by Manamontana View Post
    only people who cant do good dps say this

Quote Originally Posted by Manamontana View Post
    It's a good thing terrible players don't enjoy any sort of competition except complaining about people who do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crunk View Post
    only people who cant do good dps say this
    I play a healer, thus ranks mean nothing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    They are not naturally better. The difference is they are not self-obsessed little boys who thinks they game owes them things. They are quite capable of working to achieve their goals without a sense of entitlement that seems to fill the EU and US forums too often.
    They play, and practice and get better..
    Not like some people who assume they are the best, and cry nerf every week.

Well.
    Time will tell.

Asain guilds in 25H gear right now, have a higher item level then we will have in 5.2...

But yeah.. they are playing a totally different game then us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    WoL needs to separate them into their own section.

Not sure there's really much else to say. The problem is only going to get bigger as times goes.
    very much this.

I agree, it's hard to take logs seriously. WoL should split asian servers from the US/EU ones, but they're WAY too stupid to do that.

Asain guilds in 25H gear right now, have a higher item level then we will have in 5.2...

But yeah.. they are playing a totally different game then us.
    8 ilevels difference. Remind me, whats the ilevel going to be in 5.2 normal/heroic?