- We have heard the concerns of Overpower inherent dodge avoidance in addition with dodge proc'ing Overpower might do strange things with Expertise. We are considering changes, but are loathe to nerf one of the cool quirks that Overpower has had forever.
- You might MS, OP, OP -> Slam some of the time, but Arms has so much uptime on Colossus Smash, that that rotation can't last for long. We do want Slam to beat OP + HS in the new model. We think it does (and remember we're trying Overpower at a small ragecost), but we'll double check.
- We were concerned that our buffs to haste and mastery were enough to get Arms warriors to regem or be angry about passing on drops to say DKs. That's not the goal. We just wanted to make some of the stats better. We think the changes to Taste for Blood for Arms already make mastery slightly better for them, so we are reverting the change back to 55% for Strikes of Opportunity. (It was 75% in an earlier PTR build.) We also reduced the haste buff from +100% to +50%. It's still a big increase over live.
- Similarly, we were concerned that the changes to Taste for Blood devalued expertise too much for Arms. We changed the Overpower granted by dodge to 1 charge. It's still 2 for using Mortal Strike. However, we also reverted an earlier change that let Mortal Strike proc Overpower even if the Mortal Strike missed.
Well, i must say i'm pretty angry about this. Arms is one of the weakest Pve Specs atm and gets nerfed (ok they try to nerf/balance burst, which i think is ok ) because of Pvp. It's true that they are/were pretty much OP in Pvp but i think these changes will make Arms in Pve even weaker.
Here is my Point of View:
- They were doubling Haste, which is nice to scale it's value more for Warriors. BUT if you have, let's say 5% of haste - you get 10% haste (wow...) which is now even nerfed to 50%. It's value won't get even close to be better than crit or something like that, which means we won't reforge more haste.
- Mastery for Arms DEFINITELY needed a buff, it is extremely weak and now it is also removed. I don't know where you get the feeling of Arms being maybe too OP with these buffs, while Taste for Blood get's nerfed. Maybe you can clear that up for me a bit more?
- You are trying to compensate it through buffing Slam, but i think it's not going to work. It's even making it weaker because the lost of OP + HS (with often 1 stacks just on the go ) was a huge amount of our DPS. The Rage cost of Overpower will even make it more rarely that we will use Slam ( 230% is pretty cool, but won't compensate for everything you want to change i think).
While i like Fury, it would be nice if Arms Perfomance would be a bit better in Pve. I'm just in fear you will really screw up Arms. I know it's not final, but i think it's better to clear things up before the change goes live.
Sorry for long Post, was trying to be as contructive as i can. Don't know if it worked :x Peace!