Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Well yea, I know there aren't any laws that say you can't cheat. So, I know it's a long shot, but I would really, really want to see some laws against usage of illegal substances in sports. I mean, it's kinda like fraud. Why? Well, most people would probably not have supported the sport and watched him on tv. So in a way he is tricking us so that he can make more money. I would never ever have watched any of his "feats" if I would've known.

    PS. I wouldn't mind seeing his neck snapped tbh, but that's my opinion.
    The bad thing isn't so much that one guy got caught out cheating, it's that he had to cheat to win in the first place, because the next 5 top favourites were all using doping themselves. You just don't hear about them because they didn't win. The Tour organisation themselves didn't help either. They wanted more air time so they made courses of 200km+ with climbs at the end. Why not make it 100km with a climb? The first 100km serve nothing except commercial time and landscape promotion. But with shorter courses at least the riders could compete for 3 weeks without using doping, while still creating an exciting race.

    The whole thing surrounding the Tour is just rotten to the core.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    An inspiration to many perhaps, an amazing athlete after he felt the need for such extensive cheating? I disagree.
    It isn't cheating if everybody does it. He was one of the few with that extra portion of talent/dedication in combination with the drugs to beat all the other drug users. Either that or he just had the best doctors
    Last edited by Feio; 2013-01-20 at 02:06 AM.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Well yea, I know there aren't any laws that say you can't cheat. So, I know it's a long shot, but I would really, really want to see some laws against usage of illegal substances in sports. I mean, it's kinda like fraud. Why? Well, most people would probably not have supported the sport and watched him on tv. So in a way he is tricking us so that he can make more money. I would never ever have watched any of his "feats" if I would've known.

    PS. I wouldn't mind seeing his neck snapped tbh, but that's my opinion.
    You feel okay saying someone deserves to be killed for taking performance enhancers?

    The majority of competitors in MANY sports do it. Why crucify him? I also like how you think this makes him any less of an impressive athlete. It's like somehow blood doping for slightly better oxygen usage or hgh somehow means he doesn't have to practice just as hard as everyone else.

    What about if you're born with genetics that allow you to deal with lactic acid more efficiently than me? What if you grow up to be 6'9" and I'm only 5'8"? Should we handicap you if I play basketball? Where do you draw the line with, "performance enhancement?"

  4. #24
    "A Texan company plans to file a lawsuit next week to recoup $12m from disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong."

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/21102475

    That's a start. Now the every other penny.

  5. #25
    This made cycling interesting, he should at least be applauded for that.

  6. #26
    Lance is a legend ! :> If you know what i mean

  7. #27
    Stood in the Fire zerocoolhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central,Mass
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Well yea, I know there aren't any laws that say you can't cheat. So, I know it's a long shot, but I would really, really want to see some laws against usage of illegal substances in sports. I mean, it's kinda like fraud. Why? Well, most people would probably not have supported the sport and watched him on tv. So in a way he is tricking us so that he can make more money. I would never ever have watched any of his "feats" if I would've known.

    PS. I wouldn't mind seeing his neck snapped tbh, but that's my opinion.
    They should not be illegal substances in the first place. They do about as much harm as any other medication. I dont see anything wrong in taking substances to hit the peak of physical perfection.

  8. #28
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    You feel okay saying someone deserves to be killed for taking performance enhancers?

    The majority of competitors in MANY sports do it. Why crucify him? I also like how you think this makes him any less of an impressive athlete. It's like somehow blood doping for slightly better oxygen usage or hgh somehow means he doesn't have to practice just as hard as everyone else.

    What about if you're born with genetics that allow you to deal with lactic acid more efficiently than me? What if you grow up to be 6'9" and I'm only 5'8"? Should we handicap you if I play basketball? Where do you draw the line with, "performance enhancement?"
    Genes and performance enhancers aren't the same. Genes you can't do anything about. However performance enhancers is foul play. If we start allowing performance enhancers everyone will feel they have to use it to stay competitive. But that's not something everyone wants or should do because it has negative effects on your body as well. I think performance enhancers should be illegal. You use them, you go to jail. That's it, and it would help scare away any cheaters.

    I just feel I have to make a comparison. Think about gaming, counter strike for instance. Have you ever met a hacker using aimbot? It's not very fun. However these hacks are not allowed on most servers, but if we did allow them, everyone would use them. People would eventually realize how boring it was to play that way and stop playing.

    The same goes for sports. How fun is it to compete when it's no longer about skill, and instead about who can modify their body the most?

  9. #29
    Stood in the Fire zerocoolhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central,Mass
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Genes and performance enhancers aren't the same. Genes you can't do anything about. However performance enhancers is foul play. If we start allowing performance enhancers everyone will feel they have to use it to stay competitive. But that's not something everyone wants or should do because it has negative effects on your body as well. I think performance enhancers should be illegal. You use them, you go to jail. That's it, and it would help scare away any cheaters.

    I just feel I have to make a comparison. Think about gaming, counter strike for instance. Have you ever met a hacker using aimbot? It's not very fun. However these hacks are not allowed on most servers, but if we did allow them, everyone would use them. People would eventually realize how boring it was to play that way and stop playing.

    The same goes for sports. How fun is it to compete when it's no longer about skill, and instead about who can modify their body the most?
    Then every athlete that has gotten LASIK to better their vision should be put into jail as well? Because that's performance enhancing .

  10. #30
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    They should not be illegal substances in the first place. They do about as much harm as any other medication. I dont see anything wrong in taking substances to hit the peak of physical perfection.
    If everyone would start modifying their bodies, it would no longer be about skill. I for one would not enjoy watching that kind of sport. Also, it is sick that we have to go through that to be the best. Sports should be about the persons will to be the best, not who has the best and newest modifications. Geesh people when will you learn?

  11. #31
    Over 9000! Wildtree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa - Franconia
    Posts
    9,784
    I don't think he deserves more than one thread.. we got one already
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post19905374

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    Then every athlete that has gotten LASIK to better their vision should be put into jail as well? Because that's performance enhancing .
    Omfg, no it's not the same! These people only do it to be on par with other people, it's not like they add another eye so that they have a bigger field of sight.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    I just feel I have to make a comparison. Think about gaming, counter strike for instance. Have you ever met a hacker using aimbot? It's not very fun. However these hacks are not allowed on most servers, but if we did allow them, everyone would use them. People would eventually realize how boring it was to play that way and stop playing.
    Aimbot is not a fair comparison. Taking something like beta blockers prior to a LAN match could be comparable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Omfg, no it's not the same! These people only do it to be on par with other people, it's not like they add another eye so that they have a bigger field of sight.
    With that logic then my doctor should be able to prescribe me testosterone so that my T-level can be comparable to the other athletes in my sport that naturally have higher levels of testosterone.

  14. #34
    Pandaren Monk sizzlinsauce's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bellforest, Tower state
    Posts
    1,958
    Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    so one of the biggest cheats in any sport feels aggrieved that after taking drugs to beat his rivals he is given a lifetime ban. what did this waste of a human being expect, a slap on the wrist?
    im so glad he beat cancer & was alive to see the truth finally come out, even if it was on some cozy little u.s. chatshow & not infront of the proper authorities. but that will come in due course.
    you go take the same drugs and attempt what he did garuntee you wont win all those tour de frances like he did. its not 100% the drugs that won those.

  15. #35
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,139
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayded1 View Post
    How dare he raise hundreds of millions of dollars for cancer research.
    Exactly. Not many people even gave a crap about bicycle racing in the US and now everyone is outraged.

    He made a crapload of money for cancer so it's all a wash for me. Bonds, sosa, Clemens still millionaires
    Operation Red Wing

  16. #36
    Brewmaster DieFichte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Confederaziun svizra
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    If everyone would start modifying their bodies, it would no longer be about skill. I for one would not enjoy watching that kind of sport. Also, it is sick that we have to go through that to be the best. Sports should be about the persons will to be the best, not who has the best and newest modifications. Geesh people when will you learn?
    Yeah because Armstrong was weak on willpower, and he could only beat Contador because of the drugs, while Contador (or Ulrich) never took any drugs...oh wait!

  17. #37
    Epic! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Posts
    1,547
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    They should not be illegal substances in the first place.
    They are technically NOT illegal. Nearly every single enhancement drugs are just medication used outside of their primary goal. What IS illegal is blackmarket of controled drugs and of course cheating in (professional) sports

    They do about as much harm as any other medication.
    Used right yes, they are even benefic (hey, that's the reason why pharameutic laboratories make and sell them). But used for performance improvment lead to severe health issues. Lance's cancer is probably the result of massive use of drugs (when you see what injected testosteron make to your nuts you understand, and he certainly used way more risked products that I don't even heard of in addition to hormons).

    Then every athlete that has gotten LASIK to better their vision should be put into jail as well? Because that's performance enhancing.
    You really don't know what you talk about right ? Lasik is only used as vision correction, it can't improve perfect eyes condition.

  18. #38
    Cheater beats cheaters. Admits he cheated and people wish death upon him. I take the same stance as Daniel Tosh, I deserve the best athlete science can produce.

  19. #39
    Stood in the Fire zerocoolhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Central,Mass
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    They are technically NOT illegal. Nearly every single enhancement drugs are just medication used outside of their primary goal. What IS illegal is blackmarket of controled drugs and of course cheating in (professional) sports


    Used right yes, they are even benefic (hey, that's the reason why pharameutic laboratories make and sell them). But used for performance improvment lead to severe health issues. Lance's cancer is probably the result of massive use of drugs (when you see what injected testosteron make to your nuts you understand, and he certainly used way more risked products that I don't even heard of in addition to hormons).


    You really don't know what you talk about right ? Lasik is only used as vision correction, it can't improve perfect eyes condition.
    Do you not know what LASIK is then because it can improve vision drastically. Tiger went from having 20/20 vision to 20/15 which in golf is a noticeable impact on the game. There is a list of athletes who's game improved after getting LASIK just google it if you care.

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire Management's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    462
    Quote Originally Posted by Projali View Post
    Aimbot is not a fair comparison. Taking something like beta blockers prior to a LAN match could be comparable.



    With that logic then my doctor should be able to prescribe me testosterone so that my T-level can be comparable to the other athletes in my sport that naturally have higher levels of testosterone.
    Well, it's not the same still. If you have problems with your eyesight, you either already use glasses or lenses. So to do lasek is actually not changing your eyesight, since you already had close to perfect eyesight with glasses/lenses. Also, losing the most important sense is not the same as having a little bit lower dose of testosterone in your body.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •