How can I appeal Infractions these days?

How can I appeal Infractions these days? There used to be a way to do that and was usually a link supplied by the scrapbot. I just got two infractions for two separate posts in a thread in which I posted no offensive language and only responded in a condescending way to a person that emptied his swear dictionary on me in three separate posts.

Apparently there's two different mods at work here, because the thread was closed this morning due to derailing (certainly not by me) and if anyone has doubts, check my post history and the accompanying thread.

I'm fully aware that what I posted initially was on the edge, but the OP and me have had further conversation, completely properly, and any intelligent Mod would have recognized that the intention was not a bad one. Just because there's an aggressive reporter that wants to take revenge for something I didn't do, which is reporting him, doesn't mean I should be infracted twice within the same thread when nothing escalated. In fact, the whole locking of the thread was ridiculous.

On top of that, I gave him proper advice. Journey is a beautiful game.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-fianc%C3%A9e

For the record, I just want to appeal 1, single, infraction. Don't care which, although the one for my initial post makes, forum rule wise, less sense.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-19 at 11:13 PM.

Deleted
    i think to appeal an infraction you need to PM sunshine.

Deleted
    You're not banned, so you'd simply PM any mod (or blue, if you don't trust us regulars) with your formal infraction appeal. They'll put it up in the appeals board for discussion and reply with the decision once one is reached.

If you were banned, you'd have direct access to the appeals section and could appeal there directly.

Deleted
    Appealing is a farce, appeals dont get put under any serious review.

PM the mod that infracted you (if you know who) or one from the subforum you got infracted in or a blue moderator or Sunshine, then they hold a moderator vote on whether the infraction should be revoked or not (never is) and they'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You're not banned, so you'd simply PM any mod (or blue, if you don't trust us regulars) with your formal infraction appeal. They'll put it up in the appeals board for discussion and reply with the decision once one is reached.

If you were banned, you'd have direct access to the appeals section and could appeal there directly.
    Al-right. Well it's not about banned or not, it's the principal. Like that teacher that once gave me 7 red crosses in a single sentence (10 years ago, it's trauma I tell you), taking my grade down from 7.4 to 5.4. Of course, I lost that appeal (too).

Frankly, I don't trust anyone but family, but on a scale from 1 to 10, there are a few moderators I know to be strict but fair. I can talk to any mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    PM the mod that infracted you (if you know who) or one from the subforum you got infracted in or a blue moderator or Sunshine, then they hold a moderator vote on whether the infraction should be revoked or not (never is) and they'll let you know.
    Aww..blast it. That subforum isn't my forte on knowledge on mods :P

Deleted
    You can PM any of us, really. Mods from lots of different subforums check the appeals board and vote, and everyone can post your appeal there, too. If there's any moderator in particular you trust, then go ahead and PM them.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    They reverted a 10 point infraction that I was given when I appealed it...

PM a mod, they open an appeal in the admin sub-forum, then that mod will get back to you.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    How can I appeal Infractions these days? There used to be a way to do that and was usually a link supplied by the scrapbot. I just got two infractions for two separate posts in a thread in which I posted no offensive language and only responded in a condescending way to a person that emptied his swear dictionary on me in three separate posts.

Apparently there's two different mods at work here, because the thread was closed this morning due to derailing (certainly not by me) and if anyone has doubts, check my post history and the accompanying thread.

I'm fully aware that what I posted initially was on the edge, but the OP and me have had further conversation, completely properly, and any intelligent Mod would have recognized that the intention was not a bad one. Just because there's an aggressive reporter that wants to take revenge for something I didn't do, which is reporting him, doesn't mean I should be infracted twice within the same thread when nothing escalated. In fact, the whole locking of the thread was ridiculous.

On top of that, I gave him proper advice. Journey is a beautiful game.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-fianc%C3%A9e

For the record, I just want to appeal 1, single, infraction. Don't care which, although the one for my initial post makes, forum rule wise, less sense.
    Appealing is pointless. Been there, tried it, they don't care.

I was infracted because I fell for a troll. I apologized and admitted it was a stupid thing of me to do. Didn't work.

I don't really know why they even allow appeals, they quite obviously don't care. I write this against my better judgement, because I might just be infracted for saying that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-20 at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    They reverted a 10 point infraction that I was given when I appealed it...

PM a mod, they open an appeal in the admin sub-forum, then that mod will get back to you.
    I did that.

I got the responce that "They had discussed it" and I was denied :/

They didn't tell me why it was denied.
    Last edited by Noomz; 2013-01-19 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Castiell View Post
    I have gotten 2 of my infractions reversed, so i think the mods here do review them.

Most of my ban appeals used to be snarky and inflamatory, but if you try to state your case they could reverse the infractions.

I use Video Game subforums, PM Sarahjane or Edge or Remelia, those guys are cool.

Or ask Treeston here, he seems nice. Poor guy is probably bored, who visits UI and Interface subforum? LOL.

But yeah, as he said PM one of the ones I mentioned or him if you're gonna do a green mod.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Appealing is pointless. Been there, tried it, they don't care.

I was infracted because I fell for a troll. I apologized and admitted it was a stupid thing of me to do. Didn't work.
    There's an issue of perception here, it seems.

The appeals process exists so we can correct infractions that were incorrectly handed out. Us mods are only human. Mistakes happen. For those, there's appeals.
    If you're sorry, then we're glad to hear that and sincerely hope that it'll make you a better poster, but it won't make us reverse your infraction.

10+ Year Old Account
    FYI, I'm with you 100% in that other thread.

Use Treeston, he's really nice. I'm not gonna name specific instances but this one time he got this guy's infraction removed and he wasn't even the mod who gave it. It was so baller, I asked a blue mod about it and that blue mod said Treeston was nice like that.

Deleted
    Like many people have suggested, you can PM any mod and we will make an appeal about your infraction.

Going to close this now since the OP got what he wanted and the thread will most likely start discussing moderators' actions and we don't want that.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-19 at 11:43 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't matter which mod you PM to appeal your infraction; in all cases, they make a thread for all mods to discuss the infraction and vote on a resolution. The same is true for ban appeals posted in the appeal forum. Every appeal is looked at, and nothing is unilaterally decided.

Like Treeston said, appeals are meant for cases where we made a mistake, which happens occasionally because we're only human. It's not meant for being sorry (although we appreciate that) or for flaming the mods (which might earn you additional infractions).

If you have a specific complaint about a particular mod or moderation in general, you're welcome to PM me or use the Contact Us form linked at the top of the page.