Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    We already have fully bionic arms and devices used for reading brainwaves. We honestly aren't far from cyborgs, especially as we age.
    What I find coolest is something like what IBM is building for professor Hawking - a device to translate brainwaves into words. Would be awesome

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    What I find coolest is something like what IBM is building for professor Hawking - a device to translate brainwaves into words. Would be awesome
    Does it have settings for an accent?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    What I find coolest is something like what IBM is building for professor Hawking - a device to translate brainwaves into words. Would be awesome
    But then the hawking vs einstein rap battle isn't going to be as funny.

    I did enjoy that IBM had to apply a profanity filter to one of their supercomputers after it 'digested' urban dictionary.com.

  4. #64
    Bloodsail Admiral xlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,177
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I personally don't really see the appeal of virtual reality. I think augmented reality could be the next big thing; maybe not for games, but for practical purposes. You'd also have an excuse to wear Adam Jensen's shades, but remember, you did ask for them.
    You don't see the appeal of Virtual Reality? Wouldn't you like to be in, let's say, WoW with super graphics where it's actually you who uses the sword, axe, etc? Travel in your mount in Anshevale, ride a dragon in Zangarmarsh?

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Except your contacts will always be right over the pupil so it would literally be an overlay that could change based on your eye movements. Especially if you imbed an extremly small gyroscope or something to see different eye movements. I'm not sure how something like looking up to watch a bird would change what you are looking at on the contacts, however...
    yeah you answered it yourself ^^
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Remember, a firearm homicide is not always firearm violence.

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    yeah you answered it yourself ^^
    Its the same problem with the google glasses, I would assume. I mean I don't know a lot about them but if looking up changes what the display is displaying, then being startled and looking up will change it there too, right?

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Its the same problem with the google glasses, I would assume. I mean I don't know a lot about them but if looking up changes what the display is displaying, then being startled and looking up will change it there too, right?
    well if you insist that your eyemovement has to change what´s on the display, true, but you still couldn´t focus with contacts because it would allways be right in your few, so how could you see something slightly outside? there´s not much space left between contacts and your eyes, what´s in the middle of the contact would be in constant motion to be on paar with eyemovement + focus... sounds terrible *g*
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Remember, a firearm homicide is not always firearm violence.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    well if you insist that your eyemovement has to change what´s on the display, true, but you still couldn´t focus with contacts because it would allways be right in your few, so how could you see something slightly outside? there´s not much space left between contacts and your eyes, what´s in the middle of the contact would be in constant motion to be on paar with eyemovement + focus... sounds terrible *g*
    I figured the contact would be the display, not light being beamed into your eye as (i think) the google glasses work...

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    I figured the contact would be the display, not light being beamed into your eye as (i think) the google glasses work...
    problem is, you can´t look away from it, it is allways and everytime right infront your lense, while with glasses you can look away from it, because there is a distance between the display and your eyes
    secretly gay

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Remember, a firearm homicide is not always firearm violence.

  10. #70
    Epic! Nyxxi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Crym View Post
    Spoiler: The reason Garrosh is defeated is because, just when he's being attacked, Malchezaar pops out of a portal, yells "yoink!", and takes his weapon away.
    Armory

  11. #71
    Bloodsail Admiral xlightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,177
    I love how this interesting threads die and the ones about giving love advices go for dozens of pages.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •