Ret on PTR Opinions

So I just downloaded ptr and got my ret transfered over. I was so excited to see the new healing buff. went straight to the dummies and spent my 3 gcds to get inquisition, spent three more gcds to stack wog and selfess healer fully. and BAM my fol went from 34k on live to 36k on ptr... w..t..f... Wog seems to be hitting harder. Around 50k average. But Fol is basically unchanged. So i then read about the eternal flame buff so i tried it out. Now I have been a selfless healer advocate from the start but i must say that I am now jumping on the EF bandwagon. On a 30-40k initial heal im getting 5-7k ticks every second, and even those can crit me for 10-14k. On a big crit initial heal, like say 80-100k im getting 10k ticks that are critting for 20k.

So it takes me around 12 seconds to build selfless fully and then i still only heal myself on average for around 40k.
    With eternal flame in those 12 seconds im getting 60k- 120k worth of heals. ( you cant include the initial heal because i would have it anyway with wog)

Deleted
    Weird because I am definitely seeing a difference in FoL numbers....

Its kinda obvious choice for me.

Selfless for arena.
    And EF for duels/solo play

am also going to specc hand of purity for duels/solo play.

Ya im excited for that, as prot in rbg EF+SoI is like a mini Second Wind(and they said they might buff SoI which would be nice since the removed the multiple proc with HotR), dispellable but so easy to apply.
    If u have 2 pallys Does EF stack on the same target or can the target only have 1 on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo View Post
    Ya im excited for that, as prot in rbg EF+SoI is like a mini Second Wind(and they said they might buff SoI which would be nice since the removed the multiple proc with HotR), dispellable but so easy to apply.
    If u have 2 pallys Does EF stack on the same target or can the target only have 1 on them?
    You can have multiple EFs on the same target.

well i just tried fully regemming pvp power, using that and seal of insight im still averaging 40k fols. So i dont know how u are getting anythign more than that. I only have 6 pieces of maleovent so maybe your just better geared than me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The buff to Flash of Light isn't in the PTR yet. Try it again once Sword of Light changes from +30% to +100% (probably next week).

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    The buff to Flash of Light isn't in the PTR yet. Try it again once Sword of Light changes from +30% to +100% (probably next week).
    This. A bunch of changes haven't actually been released on the PTR yet. I would expect FoL to hit for 50k+ when the change goes live.

Eternal Flame does seem pretty nice though. It will be kind of like having Second Wind going almost all the time. However I don't see how Sacred Shield can compete with the other two unless it gets a buff. As of right now it only absorbs between 14 - 15k damage every 5 seconds in full Malevolent gear.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    This. A bunch of changes haven't actually been released on the PTR yet. I would expect FoL to hit for 50k+ when the change goes live.

Eternal Flame does seem pretty nice though. It will be kind of like having Second Wind going almost all the time. However I don't see how Sacred Shield can compete with the other two unless it gets a buff. As of right now it only absorbs between 14 - 15k damage every 5 seconds in full Malevolent gear.
    One thing that could make sacred shield viable is to remove the duration: just a shield every 6 seconds until you put it on a different target. Also, to make it even more attractive to Ret (since I doubt even this would be enough).

Ret passive that comes with taking Sacred Shield: Your Templar's verdict places 1 tick of Sacred Shield on you, regardless of who your Sacred Shield buff is currently on.

So if you put it on yourself, your TVs will proc extra shields, but if it's on someone else it will still give you one tick of the shield. This might seem pretty powerful, but the other two talents in that tier are getting pretty serious buffs.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangra View Post
    One thing that could make sacred shield viable is to remove the duration: just a shield every 6 seconds until you put it on a different target. Also, to make it even more attractive to Ret (since I doubt even this would be enough).

Ret passive that comes with taking Sacred Shield: Your Templar's verdict places 1 tick of Sacred Shield on you, regardless of who your Sacred Shield buff is currently on.

So if you put it on yourself, your TVs will proc extra shields, but if it's on someone else it will still give you one tick of the shield. This might seem pretty powerful, but the other two talents in that tier are getting pretty serious buffs.
    I actually like that idea a lot. It's interesting, and helps with the survivability issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look at wowhead's patch notes, I believe those in blue have been applied to the PTR, whereas those in red will be coming at a later update.
    Don't quote me on that, just an estimation based on my observation!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Switchshot View Post
    If you look at wowhead's patch notes, I believe those in blue have been applied to the PTR, whereas those in red will be coming at a later update.
    Don't quote me on that, just an estimation based on my observation!
    Changes in red are the ones added most recently.