Page 1 of 87
1
2
3
11
51
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Legend of Zelda!

    ~The Official Legend of Zelda Thread~


    The place to discuss everything and anything Zelda related!
    Post your favourite pictures, videos, .gifs, etc.
    Of course within forum guidelines





    I'll kick start this up in belated celebration for 25 years of Zelda!



    For large images like mine follow this guide line on how to use thumbnails.







    inb4 it's about time...
    hehehe...time

  2. #2
    Ive never played zelda before.

    I really want to though, what platform did it start at?

  3. #3
    High Overlord Sne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In a building on fire
    Posts
    141


    This is absolutely my favorite! Majora's Mask!

    *warning* Bad quality

  4. #4
    The first Zelda game I believe debuted on the NES. It's a high-fantasy, action-adventure game with puzzle solving elements.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by tilatequila View Post
    Ive never played zelda before.

    I really want to though, what platform did it start at?
    The NES. The game's ageless.

    When I think Zelda, I think this, and I get a little teary, right around 4 minutes in and on to the end:



    Thanks for defining my childhood, Link.

  6. #6
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    YEEEEES! This NEEDED to be made a long time ago.


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Sne View Post
    [video=youtube;Oi4Ev0AVsNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi4Ev0AVsNg[video]

    This is absolutely my favorite! Majora's Mask!

    *warning* Bad quality
    Whoa just under 2 hours? That's insane. Pro exploits.

    And Majoras Mask is amazing, my favourite out of all the series. Though Skyward Sword is shaping up to be quite the competitor.

  8. #8
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    I can't pick a favorite Zelda. Everytime I think one is my favorite, I play another, and suddenly that one is my favorite. But, atmosphere, NPC, and story wise, Majora's Mask was the best.


  9. #9
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I can't pick a favorite Zelda. Everytime I think one is my favorite, I play another, and suddenly that one is my favorite. But, atmosphere, NPC, and story wise, Majora's Mask was the best.
    I've always said Ocarina of Time. But I never really LOVED any of them. I've liked all of em, yes even Legend of Zelda 2 for the NES. And I really liked Link's Awakening for the Game Boy. I haven't played anything beyond Ocarina of Time though, except for Minish Cap, and honestly I don't remember much about that one.

    Somehow though, the Dark World theme in A Link to the Past is my favorite music from it. That, and Saria's theme in Ocarina of Time. My friend and I used to whistle that all day at work.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  10. #10
    gotta love the super nintendo Legend of Zelda.. twas one of my favourite games back then.. and still is to this day.. i remember the day i finally reached gannon and jumped through the floor only to see him standing right there and im like.. uh oh.

    After that Ocarina of Time was the next fun one.. really enjoyable learning new songs and finding uses for them. especially with the Song of the Storms.

  11. #11
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've always said Ocarina of Time. But I never really LOVED any of them. I've liked all of em, yes even Legend of Zelda 2 for the NES. And I really liked Link's Awakening for the Game Boy. I haven't played anything beyond Ocarina of Time though, except for Minish Cap, and honestly I don't remember much about that one.

    Somehow though, the Dark World theme in A Link to the Past is my favorite music from it. That, and Saria's theme in Ocarina of Time. My friend and I used to whistle that all day at work.
    Hey I'm not alone! Dark World is my favorite theme from the games as well!


  12. #12
    I think the one thing that really made Majoras Mask really fun was the different ways one can go about encounters and the masks were simply the greatest innovation and very fun to play around with(♥ blast mask). Of course the major turn off for most people was the day cycle, which made the game feel like you were being rushed, however it's not as bad as people think with the song of time backwards trick.

    Story wise it was great, playing it I felt drawn to the characters unlike any other Zelda game, especially with the grand side quest, and it was something else rather than the same old Ganondorf and Zelda Triforce story.

    The villain is amazing. Despite lack of involvement throughout the game, he still makes an impression.

    The only thing I disliked, and the great flaw with almost any good game, is that it was fairly short and there wasn't as large of an exploring emphasis as most Zelda games are with large areas outside of the dungeons and temples.

  13. #13
    Moderator Pendulous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Treno
    Posts
    13,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    The only thing I disliked, and the great flaw with almost any good game, is that it was fairly short and there wasn't as large of an exploring emphasis as most Zelda games are with large areas outside of the dungeons and temples.
    Well, good news! Skyward Sword promises 60-100 hours of gameplay.

    General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Well, good news! Skyward Sword promises 60-100 hours of gameplay.
    Yes! I'm extremely excited for Skyward Sword, the way the series gameplay is changing is in a very good direction.

    I think I read that it takes at least 50 hours to even get to the ending of the game and then another 50 or so hours to do 100%. And it should since they said it was the biggest Zelda game yet.

  15. #15
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,060
    definitaly a thread i can get into.......sign me up ^.^
    favorite games in legend of zelda
    1.Wind Waker
    2.Majora's Mask
    3.Minish Cap
    4.Orcarina of Time
    5.Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons(same game just different mechanics)
    this list might change with the new legend of zelda it looks that damn good.

    yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    definitaly a thread i can get into.......sign me up ^.^
    favorite games in legend of zelda
    1.Wind Waker
    2.Majora's Mask
    3.Minish Cap
    4.Orcarina of Time
    5.Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons(same game just different mechanics)
    this list might change with the new legend of zelda it looks that damn good.
    Welcome aboard


  17. #17
    Warchief Shroud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Google it
    Posts
    2,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Welcome aboard

    thanks

    yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    thanks
    [video=youtube;uRv8gnBMiWM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRv8gnBMiWM[video]
    That rendition is awesome, and I raise you this:

  19. #19
    When Skelington sees this.....

  20. #20
    Legendary! Digglett's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    FC World
    Posts
    6,395
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    When Skelington sees this.....
    Hmm I'm surprised he hasn't been in here yet. O_o


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •