Quote Originally Posted by Zace View Post
    We're talking about the OP's post here, not random people on the internet posting on tumblr. And seriously you waste your time looking at stuff like that?
    The OPs picture and attitude don't exist in a vacuum.

I waste time doing a lot of things, reading about pissy unskilled laborers complaining about not earning $20/hr waiting tables happens to be one of them that gets posted on my facebook wall from time to time.

Deleted
    Exactly, but trying to argue that his frustration wasn't warranted is just dumb.
    Look the entire source is dubious. Its heresay. It is akin to anonymous whining. It isn't like whistleblowing because you can cross reference such to validate the authenticity.

Consider the following

• Business name unknown
    • Driver name unknown
    • No time or date known
    • Location unknown
    • No currency stated
    • Price edited statement
    Then we have a story we cannot verify. Heresay.

Even if the complete story is somehow without a shed of a doubt true (which we cannot verify) we still cannot judge. Why not? We don't know the boss their story, that's why. It is likely a deal was struck, a deal on volume. Agreed? We don't know the details on the deal. Maybe it was all-in? Either way the plaintiff should discuss the issue with their boss. Their boss knows the details. Now, I and various others have suggested this throughout the thread and OP has never replied to the question if he spoke about this to their boss. So it appears to me instead of manning up asking the boss about the temperature of the soup (not sure that saying gets across in English...) he's complaining anonymously about an anonymised event while working for an anonymous employer where he served an anonymous customer which happened somewhere in history with an unknown currency in God knows which country or state.

See where I'm going at? It is a bullshit story. The discussion has merit, quite rich and thought provoking 'n all, but the original story is a load of vague nonsense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

I waste time doing a lot of things, reading about pissy unskilled laborers complaining about not earning $20/hr waiting tables happens to be one of them that gets posted on my facebook wall from time to time.
    lmao, someone is bitter.

lmao, someone is bitter.

Bitter, no? Amused, yes. These people are complaining that "if you can't afford 20%, you can't afford to dine out," yet refuse to accept that "if you can't afford to work minimum wage, you can't afford to be a server."

It's hilarious how we as a culture have gone from people being appreciate of the help of others, to being indignant when someone doesn't give us what we want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hate to break it to you, but your view on reality is warped. Try getting out more and interacting with human beings and then just maybe you might be a better person for it. You've already proven how ignorant you are by suggesting they "find another job" it just clearly shows how snobby you are, get over yourself man you're no better than someone who works as a delivery guy.
    No, I am not better than the delivery guy or any person for that matter (I've never suggested otherwise). And yes when you start believing that your job is shitty and unfair it is the time to find another job. I don't think that I need to label you as ignorant or stupid because (surprise) your posts show exactly that.

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:25 PM ----------

Your reply doesn't really make sense to what I said. I said you telling people to find another job clearly shows that you think you're better than a delivery person. It's an honest job for people who need money and can't find anything better at the time, telling them to find a new job is just arrogant. You really think they wouldn't take a better job if the opportunity presented itself?
    When does opportunities appear out of thin air? And you really think that I am the one with a narrow view?

---------- Post added 2013-01-24 at 08:28 PM ----------

Ordering $1300 worth of pizza and not tipping even a single dollar is actually BS. Think how you'd feel in the same situation if you had to deliver that many fucking pizzas and not even get a single dollar tip.
    It is a government institution they might not have been allowed to tip for one reason or another. The boss should have given a bonus to the driver...

I wonder how many people that work for tips accurately (let alone actually) report it on their taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    You must not have worked in the food industry. I shall forgive your ignorant comment and point out to you that 1) My employer does pay me for the hours that i work, 2) gas isnt free, 3) Delivery is a service, it is where many drivers make a bulk of their income.
    I think his point might have been that the idea of tipping is stupid, you are guilted into tipping someone even if they do poorly. (especially pizza delivery because you literally hand them the money/receipt with the tip amount instead of leaving it on a table) Tips should be what they USED to be, extra money given for EXTRA good service, not a standard fee, that's not a tip, that's a bill.

As long as my pizza guy needs tips to make a living wage, I'll tip him, but it doesn't mean I like doing it. The employer can afford to, funny how every other business can afford to pay its employees except the food industry.... guess making 15 bucks on a 6 dollar pizza must really not turn a profit.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

What sort of meth filled fishbowl do people live in who can say "maybe the employers should pay them more!" with a straight face?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm done replying to this thread, everyone I know tips their delivery person/server. I was raised by parents who tipped and was also taught not to treat people like sub-humans no matter what their job is. You guys can continue to to be scummy people because I honestly don't care, I hope that few dollars you save really makes you that much more happier because clearly you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    What sort of meth filled fishbowl do people live in who can say "maybe the employers should pay them more!" with a straight face?
    Outside the US, also it's been covered that you should be able to receive payment what you missed from tips from your employee to meet minimum wage.

Do you know what would happen outside NA? All those tips would be bonus. Every cent.

I'm done replying to this thread, everyone I know tips their delivery person/server. I was raised by parents who tipped and was also taught not to treat people like sub-humans no matter what their job is. You guys can continue to to be scummy people because I honestly don't care, I hope that few dollars you save really makes you that much more happier because clearly you need it.
    I love you for two reasons. One, for your point of view. And two (possibly more importantly) Go squad 11, Kenpachi is freakin amazing. =)

Thanks for showing your true colors, saying that people who don’t tip are sub-human. You proved our point and left the thread at the same time, sounds like it’s been wrapped up nicely.

Go ahead and keep tipping, no one here has ever said tipping should be stopped entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Outside the US, also it's been covered that you should be able to receive payment what you missed from tips from your employee to meet minimum wage.

Do you know what would happen outside NA? All those tips would be bonus. Every cent.
    I'm outside the US and I don't see the relevance? I tip my driver and server if they're not shit, but I'm curious where the "employers should just pay them more so I don't have to tip" comes from. Like employers are just going to snap centuries of fucking over the help because people don't like tipping?

I can say it with a straight face, because I refuse to believe that what a server or delivery driver does requires anymore skill than what a person working at McDonalds has, and you don't hear any of these white knights championing for increased wages for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for showing your true colors, saying that people who don’t tip are sub-human. You proved our point and left the thread at the same time, sounds like it’s been wrapped up nicely.

Go ahead and keep tipping, no one here has ever said tipping should be stopped entirely.
    Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit, and with that I bid you a good day.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is what the rest of the developed world do. That is where we live...

I can say it with a straight face, because I refuse to believe that what a server or delivery driver does requires anymore skill than what a person working at McDonalds has, and you don't hear any of these white knights championing for increased wages for them.
    Pretty sure they pay more at McDonalds. At least they do where I live. Also I find the comparison disingenuous, in terms of a delivery driver versus a burger flipper. A burger flipper doesn't deliver pizzas in -30C weather and snow etc. You know that much, I hope...

That's not what a "white knight" is, if we're going to start tossing around stupid 4chan labels.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    That is what the rest of the developed world do. That is where we live...
    Really? Pretty sure a Dominos delivery man in the UK makes an equivalent hourly wage as one in the US, comparing cost of living etc. UK clientele are just tight fisted...it usually comes as a total shock when I would leave a tip while visiting family. Either that or gratuity is just included automatically in the total.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-01-24 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    that doesn't take balls. spending a small amount and not tipping is lame, but how about you consider the person that just spent 1300 dollars on pizza. do you think they have enough left over to tip 100 more dollars? Conceited.
    Actually. If you think about it, in today's economy if your spending $1300 on -anything- ..im sure 100 more dollars isn't gunna hurt you much

Reading comprehension clearly isn't your strong suit, and with that I bid you a good day.
    These "I'm taking my ball and going home" comments are so funny, it's like people just have to get the last word in.

You called non-tippers sub-human, whether you agree you did or not.

Pretty sure they pay more at McDonalds. At least they do where I live.
    They may pay more at McDonald's, theoretically, but I promise the delivery driver at Domino's goes home with money.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!