Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
103
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    you mean, if you can't afford the pizza?
    Exactly. If you cant afford the tip you have no buisness buying the product.

  2. #42
    The Patient The Oblivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    I assume the service of delivery was free of charge. In that case they were able to afford the service.
    you pay for delivery...

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Evidently people dont understand why we have tipping. People who dont tip are scummy. Ill make an exception for students and such, but tip your servers, they live off tips.
    ....because the people that employ them are too tight to pay them a living wage.

    so tell me again, who is the villain in this scenario?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Exactly. If you cant afford the tip you have no buisness buying the product.
    you do know what a tip is, right? hint: it's not the cost of the pizza.

  5. #45
    Epic! Iamanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,616
    Dalent I feel for you man, I worked in food service a bit in HS and it sucks. Also ignore the ignorant people who clearly don't live in America here and the people who are selfish and don't tip.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Series 1600Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | 500 GB WD CB | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB Seagate External |3TB WD Green x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | CM HAF 912 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK

  6. #46
    Warchief Mifuyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gardens of Gensokyo
    Posts
    2,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Exactly. If you cant afford the tip you have no buisness buying the product.
    Where is the official rule that you HAVE to tip for something like a pizza?

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Dalent I feel for you man, I worked in food service a bit in HS and it sucks. Also ignore the ignorant people who clearly don't live in America here and the people who are selfish and don't tip.
    Selfish? hardly.
    It's your shit systems fault for not paying you minimum wage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taotaisei View Post
    What I really liked was the not-so-veiled government bashing Mifuyne added. Mmmm gotta love that.
    Are we the ones whining for tips? no.
    Are we demanding it? no.
    It is your governments fault, not the customers.
    If you see that as "government bashing" that is your problem.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-01-20 at 09:39 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fuyne/advanced
    http://www.twitch.tv/mifuyne , livestreaming LoL/WoW/Skyrim/BF4
    FC: 2036-8654-5100 - come play pokemans with me!

  7. #47
    Yeesh, that's a lot of pizza! It may be uncool that they didn't tip, but some people don't care to do it. End of story. You can't "raise awareness" about something the majority of people don't care about. Just be happy you have a job. States like PA, USA have a right to work tax: just to have a job, you have to pay the state.

    What I really liked was the not-so-veiled government bashing Mifuyne added. Mmmm gotta love that.

    P.S. I do tip. It's a social contract in the majority of locations I have lived in the USA and Canada.

  8. #48
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    667
    I guess the guy who took pizzas was ashamed of the move but was not the one in charge of the money :S
    Poor one. I hate when i don't have enough for a good tip, and prefer to let others pay in such case TT.
    I'd like the tips to never exist, and be included in the price, too bad this is not comming

  9. #49
    Hahaha, tipping culture. Poor America. I wonder how much of the rest of the world tips, and if not much, whether it's just another thing like the Imperial system.

  10. #50
    The Lightbringer JfmC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Antwerp City
    Posts
    3,333
    In socialist Europe, you are paid by your employer not by the customer.
    Thread:Will we ever create A.I?
    So I just watched Her and it gave me a deep thought. Will man ever create an artificial consciousness or is it impossible. Anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We are currently creating "A.S" - artificial stupidity. A.K.A internet forums

  11. #51
    I have to ask... Why didn't the person who took the order tack on a gratuity? I work at a campus pizza shop myself, and with bulk orders we always tell them they will need to add a tip or that gratuity will be added to the bill (usually the manager's decision on how much that would be per order). Most restaurants add gratuity on tables of 8 or more, and I've found that on orders larger than 10 pizzas, gratuity is usually added (hell, I think our owner tips out the delivery drivers for Frat/Sorority orders just for being able to provide delivery service on a large chunk of business rather than missing out on it to another place).

  12. #52
    I am Murloc! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    5,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    ....because the people that employ them are too tight to pay them a living wage.

    so tell me again, who is the villain in this scenario?
    Its still just cheap if you dont tip, thats how its always been. I dont think the employers are ever going to change.

  13. #53
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    667
    Let's all stop tipping, then all the delivery-guys and such will consider their salary not enough and will leave if their employee does not change the mechanics!
    To continue their business running they'll have to put the tip cost in the product price and the problem solved!
    Profit?

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! Xanjori's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweland
    Posts
    5,619
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    In socialist Europe, you are paid by your employer not by the customer.
    That made me laugh, but its pretty true, IIRC its also US law that they make sure your wage meets minimum wage if you don't receive enough tips, just most employers don't because I guess most employee's wont take up the issue with them.
    [08:44:11] Kurioxan: as long they get big im alright with that

    http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=MMOC-GenOT

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Taotaisei View Post
    Yeesh, that's a lot of pizza! It may be uncool that they didn't tip, but some people don't care to do it. End of story. You can't "raise awareness" about something the majority of people don't care about. Just be happy you have a job. States like PA, USA have a right to work tax: just to have a job, you have to pay the state.

    What I really liked was the not-so-veiled government bashing Mifuyne added. Mmmm gotta love that.

    P.S. I do tip. It's a social contract in the majority of locations I have lived in the USA and Canada.
    Ive taken a few orders where there was no tip, really not a big deal to me because for everyone 1 person who feels that tipping is bad there are 20 others who understand that tipping is like you said, a social contract. Its not so much a campaign to raise awareness moreso than a campaign to show the ridiculouness of spending $1300 on delivery and having the balls to tell the delivery driver that they dont tip.
    Last edited by Dalent1989; 2013-01-20 at 09:42 AM.

  16. #56
    Epic! Iamanerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    1,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Where is the official rule that you HAVE to tip for something like a pizza?



    Selfish? hardly.
    It's your shit systems fault for not paying you minimum wage.


    Are we the ones whining for tips? no.
    Are we demanding it? no.
    It is your governments fault, not the customers.
    If you see that as "government bashing" that is your problem.
    While it maybe a government I'm associated with it's not "mine". Also if you don't live here and understand how our tipping culture works, why bothering having any input in it? Other than to of course annoy some people who have to make ends meet while in school? I tip because I no the bullshit they deal with and there's not much they can do to change it when they have to meet ends meet. There's no room to be picky when tight on cash.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 8GB G.SKILL Sniper Series 1600Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB | 500 GB WD CB | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB Seagate External |3TB WD Green x2
    Sapphire R9-290x | SeasonicX 650 | CM HAF 912 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK

  17. #57
    Bloodsail Admiral Kasperio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Utopia.
    Posts
    1,110
    I always tip, even when it's not required. I'll make an exception with bad service, but otherwise I always make sure to brighten someones day with a little extra. Heck, it only benefits me in the long run. The delivery boy from the Pizza place two blocks from here is paid compensation when/if not tipped so tipping is far from mandatory, but I always tip him roughly 20%. In compensation, I usually recieve little gifts and such once in a while. It also helps to be friendly towards the owner and becomming a regular (I have yet to eat a better fastfood than Pasta Cabonara made from scrach which they do). I've had experiences from being invited to the kitchen to watch them prepeare my food, had them deliver wine on my B-day for free and such.

    It's one of the (few) upsides of a tipping culture. When you stop seeing it as a mandatory burden and consider it a chance to earn special previledges if you're friendly enough - you're set for gold =D
    Enough with bashing eachother, guys.. This community is still young and needs to grow up and show that not everyone are jerks. We're gamers and we enjoy games, don't bash eachother over what games they like or their oppinions, but don't let them bash others either. We need to come together and stand up, as a community, and help eachother out by being respectful and understanding. Please.

  18. #58
    Warchief Mifuyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gardens of Gensokyo
    Posts
    2,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Its not so much a campaign to raise awareness moreso than a campaign to show the ridiculouness of spending $1300 on delivery and having the balls to tell the delivery driver that they dont tip.
    You still get minimum wage I assume.
    Why would they tip for something they fully paid for?
    Are you seriously whining about regular people not tipping you, while your company/government takes a shit on your face?
    Better use that "social awareness" to change the system and not the victims, which would be the customer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    While it maybe a government I'm associated with it's not "mine". Also if you don't live here and understand how our tipping culture works, why bothering having any input in it? Other than to of course annoy some people who have to make ends meet while in school? I tip because I no the bullshit they deal with and there's not much they can do to change it when they have to meet ends meet. There's no room to be picky when tight on cash.
    So because I don't live in your country, I am not allowed to express my thoughts?
    You act as if your "tipping" society is a blessing of god of some sort.
    Can't change it? With enough support you can.

    Hell, even I tip sometimes while it isn't even close to socially acceptable here.
    I would gladly give some extra money to a person or company that does their job well, without asking for extra money.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2013-01-20 at 09:49 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fuyne/advanced
    http://www.twitch.tv/mifuyne , livestreaming LoL/WoW/Skyrim/BF4
    FC: 2036-8654-5100 - come play pokemans with me!

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Ive taken a few orders where there was no tip, really not a big deal to me because for everyone 1 person who feels that tipping is bad there are 20 others who understand that tipping is like you said, a social contract.

    This is the problem to start with. The customer shouldn't be left with bad conscience for starters if he/she can't give the tip or the fear that he/she will not get such a good service next time because of this. This system of yours supports bribery and those who tend to tip or leave a good mark of them as "good customer" get better/faster service even though the service should always be good as a standard. It's this system that keeps you americans whining about the tip so go figure

    ps. I only give money for the poor people. Not the ones who want's new iPhone.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Ive taken a few orders where there was no tip, really not a big deal to me because for everyone 1 person who feels that tipping is bad there are 20 others who understand that tipping is like you said, a social contract. Its not so much a campaign to raise awareness moreso than a campaign to show the ridiculouness of spending $1300 on delivery and having the balls to tell the delivery driver that they dont tip.
    that doesn't take balls. spending a small amount and not tipping is lame, but how about you consider the person that just spent 1300 dollars on pizza. do you think they have enough left over to tip 100 more dollars? Conceited.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •