Page 51 of 114 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JohhnyK View Post
    First - Tipping shows that you have class. If you refuse to tip due to some perceived injustice to you = You are not a contributing member of society, you are a leech.
    Oh boy, thug disguised in uniform who bribes money from people is proud member of society and those that refuse his unlawful claims are leeches. You probably think that people with "street cred" are kings too and rest are just filthy casuals, right?

Tipping is not an "extra". It is NOT a "handout".
    Yes, they are. Law or GTFO.

Two - Quit saying "The quarrel is with your employer" because that is NOT correct. Pizza places PRICE their product BASED on the assumption that most people will tip. If they did not, they would be forced to RAISE the prices on all product by anywhere from 15% to more than 50% based on a variety of factors you basement dwellers wouldn't understand anyway.p
    Heh, do you understand that only basement dwellers are ever in position of insisting that "tip is not extra" and everybody else don't give a two shits about that you have no brain to find proper work and spend you life trying to live off somebody else's money. Wait, I'll try to imagine some guy with proper education trying to beg for a change instead of making hundred times that money per hour. Wait... khg.. hahahahahah... I just can't. It's fucktarded idea.

And companies raising prices? I'd say "becoming honest about prices" is correct words. If they new, honest, without hidden charges price is adequate to service - they'll retain their clients. If no - well, fuck them? But why it is somebody else's problem?

This fact will also go over most of your heads, and I don't care, as I'm not coming back to this, but if the driver doesn't have a "real" job, and you "do", how come you cannot afford to pay for the service you ordered? And yes, if you don't tip, you didn't finish paying, get over it, you're NEVER going to win that argument. All you do is make yourself look like a child who doesn't understand anything beyond their own needs, and you are.
    Well, let's imagine that your client is actually car factory engineer. Why don't YOU tip him when you deliver? You're driving car HE made. You OWE tip! Why you not pay you filthy leech! And go tip worker who made road for you! Listen to raido on the way? Send tips to every DJ or die. Don't forget to make a roundabout to pay a tip to mill and farm for your meat and flour to pizza. Did all that? No? STFU, hypocrite.
    Last edited by rowaasr13; 2013-01-21 at 12:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    So you would rather they not take that job then? In other words you are going to get off your lazy ass and pick up the pizza yourself? Or wait, you do actually want them to deliver? So you do want them to have that job? I'm totally confused, are you for slavery or not for it?
    If you think that is slavery then you have no idea what slavery really is. Working a job and not getting tipped doesn't mean you are a slave. It means you are doing your job, the job you agreed to do when you asked to be hired.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz80 View Post
    I guess working as a delivery driver for a lower income part of town has jaded me somewhat. There were night I would work for 8 hours and leave with maybe $40.00 because of the people who would order and either not have the money to tip, or just didn't because they felt it wasn't necessary.

I'm of the opinion if you have a service provided, and it was done well, then why not reward said person for doing a good job? Doesn't positive reinforcement work better than negative? Rewarding good work/behavior is just a decent thing to do if you ask me.
    Using Federal Guidelines for minimum wage as I don't know what state you're in, but:

$7.25 x 8 = $58. The minimum amount of money you can possibly make that night by law.
    $2.63 (assuming lowest possible hourly wage based on allowed Federal Tip Credit) x 8 = $21.04
    $21.04 + $40 = 61.04.

Even on a low night you're making more than minimum wage. Not that minimum wage is great, but it's reality for some people.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Quote Originally Posted by poser765 View Post
    The insanity of this debate is that very few people in these jobs are dissatisfied with the pay. The fact is it does suck when we get stiffed and we want to vent. When that happens we get 48 pages of people telling us to find another job. Our pay depends on tips and when we don't get one it is frustrating...but we certainly aren't jaded about the occupation as a whole because of it.

damn, sometimes we just want to vent.

Of course it doesn't help when all the self entitled delivery drivers act like a tip is mandatory.
    I agree. some Delivery drivers don't mind and others think its mandatory.

I personally think if you think a tip is mandatory then you need to find a new one because you are not happy with the current pay you'r getting.

I think company's need to pay more on some jobs this being one of those.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    I find that particularly offensive. And not just to me but to all my fellow drivers. The ones who need that second job for whatever reason, or the ones paying their way through college.
    Did I say anything about drivers? Let me place bold on important part if you've missed it: Goal in life: never sink so low in life to be delivery guy that rackets people who already paid to his employer for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Using Federal Guidelines for minimum wage as I don't know what state you're in, but:

$7.25 x 8 = $58. The minimum amount of money you can possibly make that night by law.
    $2.63 (assuming lowest possible hourly wage based on allowed Federal Tip Credit) x 8 = $21.04
    $21.04 + $40 = 61.04.

Even on a low night you're making more than minimum wage. Not that minimum wage is great, but it's reality for some people.
    Trust me I understand living on minimum wage, I lived off of it for quite a while. My whole point is that while tipping should not be mandatory, if you get good service from someone doing something that you didn't want to do at that time, it's a decent thing to do to tip them when they do a good job.

Trust me I understand living on minimum wage, I lived off of it for quite a while. My whole point is that while tipping should not be mandatory, if you get good service from someone doing something that you didn't want to do at that time, it's a decent thing to do to tip them when they do a good job.
    See now that depends.

Some people value their money and the work they put in to earn it more than the value you place on their money and the thinking that they should just give it to you.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

If I didn't feel like using the self checkout at walmart should I tip the cashier for ringing all my stuff up for me...NO

It is your job you get payed to do it therefor to demand a tip "more money" from someone who's not your boss is more rude then a person not tipping you. Even more so when the customer is already getting charged extra because you delivered.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

See now that depends.

Some people value their money and the work they put in to earn it more than the value you place on their money and the thinking that they should just give it to you.
    It seems like you're reading that as me saying "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!" I'm just saying what's wrong with rewarding someone for doing something that you didn't want to, or couldn't do (no vehicle, etc)?

It seems like you're reading that as me saying "GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!" I'm just saying what's wrong with rewarding someone for doing something that you didn't want to, or couldn't do (no vehicle, etc)?
    Nothing. Just as there's nothing wrong with not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If I didn't feel like using the self checkout at walmart should I tip the cashier for ringing all my stuff up for me...NO

It is your job you get payed to do it therefor to demand a tip "more money" from someone who's not your boss is more rude then a person not tipping you. Even more so when the customer is already getting charged extra because you delivered.
    The problem with that delivery charge is this: None of that money goes to the driver. It's a fundamental problem with how delivery services work. Companies will pay as little as they can get away with to maximize profits. Again, I'm not demanding that people tip. I'm saying that when you're being lazy or can't get out to get it yourself, what's wrong with rewarding good delivery service?

Oddly, I actually learned a bit by reading this thread. I didn't know Europe didn't "tip" when it comes to things like the food service industry. As for the State side of things, I was raised to always tip a minimum of 15% on a bill, if a tip is applicable to the situation. Ex: I'd tip a Pizza Guy but not the guy who took my order at say, Subway? Different cultures, different views I guess, no reason to get bent out of shape about it.

In the OP's position I'd notify my manager about it and tell them to take their business elsewhere. It may very from state to state but where I live I know that the government/state *will* pay for the tip. I worked in billing for a while and handled invoices/travel receipts and we would cover/reimburse employees if they ate out while on the road.

The problem with that delivery charge is this: None of that money goes to the driver. It's a fundamental problem with how delivery services work. Companies will pay as little as they can get away with to maximize profits. Again, I'm not demanding that people tip. I'm saying that when you're being lazy or can't get out to get it yourself, what's wrong with rewarding good delivery service?
    Its not being lazy to have a food delivered to you so you can stop saying that over and over now.

If it was not for the fact people want someone to deliver the food you "Delivery Drivers" would not have a job at all. Calling people who do not go out and pick it up themself lazy is just childish name calling.

Also some companys do give the driver 1$ out of that 2.50$ to slightly make up for gas. Its already been proven many times in this thread.

And it has been proven just a couple tips a night and you make more then those working for 7.25$ a hr.

After the tips you do get and all you make around 14$ a hr that is a hell lot more then 7.25$.

So tell me why do you think a delivery driver should make more then a cashier at walmart or anyone else working mid wage.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-01-21 at 01:15 AM.

Nothing. Just as there's nothing wrong with not.
    You're right there is nothing wrong with not tipping, it's just frustrating when it's the accepted norm in a service industry (not saying that it's right that it's the accepted norm either). People who work hard should receive a wage that reflects they work/effort they put into a job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Instead of getting tips, why don't Pizza companies just add say.. $5-10 ontop the total cost of the delivered pizza and that $5-10 would go to you, the delivery boy/girl, I'm pretty sure that's how it works in Australia because there's a very clear price difference when it comes to delivered and ordering in store. We as customers are never expected to tip.
    Last edited by NatePsy; 2013-01-21 at 01:17 AM.

Why are you mad a the customer when you should be mad at your employer/the "system" in place that allows your employer to pay you way below minimum wage (minus tips).

The customer is always right.

Deleted
    Tip is optional, not mandatory, get over yourself

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Instead of getting tips, why don't Pizza companies just add say.. $5-10 ontop the total cost of the delivered pizza and that $5-10 would go to you, I'm pretty sure that's how it works in Australia and we are never expected to tip.
    In the US they charge a extra 2.50$ for people to deliver it and about 1$ of that go's to the driver "with most company's"

As I said not going to tip when I'm already getting charged extra they need to take it up with there boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its not being lazy to have a food delivered to you so you can stop saying that over and over now.

If it was not for the fact people want someone to deliver the food you "Delivery Drivers" would not have a job at all. Calling people who do not go out and pick it up themself lazy is just childish name calling.

Also some companys do give the driver 1$ out of that 2.50$ to slightly make up for gas. Its already been proven many times in this thread.

And it has been proven just a couple tips a night and you make more then those working for 7.25$ a hr.

After the tips you do get and all you make around 14$ a hr that is a hell lot more then 7.25$.

So tell me why do you think a delivery driver should make more then a cashier at walmart or anyone else working mid wage.
    If you're not disabled, and you have a vehicle and fuel for said vehicle how is it not laziness to have something delivered? Does that mean it's always laziness? Not at all.

Also if a wal-mart employee drove 30,000 miles a year then yeah pay them more. When I worked retail it was around a 15 mile round trip 5 times a week. That is nowhere near the mileage on a vehicle which greatly reduces maintenance costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Choptimus View Post
    Why are you mad a the customer when you should be mad at your employer/the "system" in place that allows your employer to pay you way below minimum wage (minus tips).

The customer is always right.
    I haven't read through the entire post but did the OP ever say he was payed below minimum wage? I worked at Papa Johns a few years ago(not as a driver) but they got payed at least minimum+tips .

That said being a School purchase it's possible a tip wasn't included in budget and would have had to come directly from their own wallet and as such may not have had the funds to tip properly. It sucks, no question about that, but it's completely reasonable to assume they didn't set aside extra funds for a tip for whatever reason.