Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    How are people not tipping scummy?
    Either get your boss to pay you or get a real job.

If theres one party that would be scummy, it would be your government.
    Im sorry, are you telling me my work isnt real?
    Last edited by Reverence; 2013-01-20 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalent1989 View Post
    Dont buy a product if you cant afford the service that goes with it.
    In the UK, tipping is not mandatory.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Im sorry, are you telling me my work isnt real?
    According to your government it isn't, otherwise you would get fully paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Sure lemme just do that while im being a student and all, who needs degrees, your aware that people who do jobs like the OP's and working in restaurants are usually students right? And they pay you next to bugger all, your tips make the job worthwhile.
    Out of curiosity are you a middle aged person with a steady job? Or a random student. Cause that statement was hella ignorant.
    I'm 23, thank you.
    The hate on people not tipping is astonishing and should be directed someplace else, where it matters.

I really hate people that complain about people not tipping. Get a real job if the wage is not enough and you have to rely on handouts.

side note, I never eat out or get anything delivered so this is not coming from "someone who doesnt tip".

I think tipping should be added to the no religious or illegal topics, it's just ridiculous.

You must not have worked in the food industry. I shall forgive your ignorant comment and point out to you that 1) My employer does pay me for the hours that i work,
    If you aren't making at least minimum wage in tips and your boss doesn't cover the difference, (s)he's breaking the law. If you are making more than minimum wage, then be a little more happy that you're making more money than a lot of people right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    How are people not tipping scummy?
    Either get your boss to pay you or get a real job.

If theres one party that would be scummy, it would be your government.

Admit it, you don't want them to get a real job because then it would mean you'd have to go pick your pizza up yourself.
    Last edited by Kajimo; 2013-01-20 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Evidently people dont understand why we have tipping. People who dont tip are scummy. Ill make an exception for students and such, but tip your servers, they live off tips.
    Actually, servers and drivers ALSO get paid by their employers,

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I assume the service of delivery was free of charge. In that case they were able to afford the service.

Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    If you aren't making at least minimum wage in tips and your boss doesn't cover the difference, (s)he's breaking the law.
    You're assuming that my tips + my hourly rate equal less than the minimum wage. They do equal it, and a lot of times go above it.

What is real? Because the car i bought with tips thats sitting outside my home sure seems real. The weight from the expensive books i have to carry around my campus sure seems real. Too many people throw that word around without knowing what it means. If its not a real job does that mean I'm pretending to drive around in my all-of-a-sudden pretend car? Please enlighten this poor college student what real is.

Deleted
    People made me hate tipping. Instead of change, the pizza delivery guys took ALL of my money, even though I planned to give them some attention...just not all of it. Now I don't tip anymore, unless the difference is really really small and I'm too lazy to wait for the change.

You should consider tipping as an act of goodness, and not tipping as an act of neutrality not as an act of offense, you pretentious pricks.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-01-20 at 09:31 AM.

I think people are forgetting that employers are required to pay someone up to minimum wage if they don't make it in tips. By tipping you're not actually giving them extra money, your just paying their wage for their employers. The US tipping system is complete garbage, it's not actual extra money, it's just customers paying the employees wages instead of the employers.

You're assuming that my tips + my hourly rate equal less than the minimum wage. They do equal it, and a lot of times go above it.
    So you're just complaining that you're not getting extra free money, not all minimum wage jobs have a system where you get that extra money.

You should be grateful when you get tipped, and not care when you don't.
    Last edited by Thehealbus; 2013-01-20 at 09:33 AM.

You must not have worked in the food industry. I shall forgive your ignorant comment and point out to you that 1) My employer does pay me for the hours that i work, 2) gas isnt free, 3) Delivery is a service, it is where many drivers make a bulk of their income.
    Well then fix your regulations. In England the employer pays for the petrol and the hours worked, so tipping is nothing more than a bonus. A ridiculous one really, never worked out why the driver gets the extra money when it's me that made the pizza

Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    People made me hate tipping. Instead of change, pizza delivery guys take ALL of my money, even though I planned to give them some attention...just not all of it. Now I don't tip anymore, unless the difference is really really small and I'm too lazy to wait for the change.

You should consider tipping as an act of goodness, and not tipping as an act of neutrality not as an act of offense, you pretentious pricks.
    Are you real that silly to think a delivery driver goes around carrying a cash register to give you exact change? If tipping is an act of goodness than how is not tipping an act of neutrality. I would have assumed that getting off your lazy ass to pick up your order yourself would have been the act of neutrality.

Deleted
    Maybe you shouldn't look so damn rich when you deliver the pizzas. Hell tip is for poor people anyway and atleast you have a job. OH YEAH "it's part of the system you tip the delivery guy and waitresses" - well it's your stupid systems fault then if it makes you cry out loud for such things. A customers should know the exact price for his shoppings when he/she buys them. There's no "tip" since that's TAX FREE incoming and what is TAX FREE means you're supporting the mafia like systems where friends scratches each others backs. "That bitch tips me more so I'll do a surgery for her first, rather than this cunt who doesn't tip even though he actually needs more the surgery". Or "this fucker doesn't tip me so I'll spit on his onion rings". It's a system that makes people do wrong stuff.
    Last edited by mmocfd546f5e2f; 2013-01-20 at 09:34 AM.

you mean, if you can't afford the pizza?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Well then fix your regulations. In England the employer pays for the petrol and the hours worked, so tipping is nothing more than a bonus. A ridiculous one really, never worked out why the driver gets the extra money when it's me that made the pizza
    I've tipped the maker of the pizza 2 times before for a magnificant pizza, never the delivery guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    you mean, if you can't afford the pizza?
    Exactly. If you cant afford the tip you have no buisness buying the product.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    I assume the service of delivery was free of charge. In that case they were able to afford the service.
    you pay for delivery...

Evidently people dont understand why we have tipping. People who dont tip are scummy. Ill make an exception for students and such, but tip your servers, they live off tips.
    ....because the people that employ them are too tight to pay them a living wage.

so tell me again, who is the villain in this scenario?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.